There was no blue border on the 98/99 patch.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/wayne-gretzky-sports-a-big-smile-during-the-1998-all-star-news-photo/53121059

This one is the closest I've seen for sale. The letters aren't 100% accurate- the O should be a bit more oval, the R should have a more curved lower right leg, etc., but it was good enough for me to put on a 1999 jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-NY-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-JERSEY-PATCH-FREE-GIFT-/350398841521?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item51956602b1

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for the 2011 Tampa all star Patch

You mean 1999, right? :)

No other all star game I am getting a 2011 Stamkos and am looking for the Tampa shoulder patch

You mean 1999, right? :)

My bad, I thought you were referring to the Tampa Bay ASG (1999) patch since we were talking about the 98/99 jersey patches earlier.

Allow me to be a total geek and overlook the fact that the Blackhawks won the Cup, but what size of jersey does Toews wear? I noticed the Cup patch looked really close to the team crest and wasn't sure if he wore a smaller jersey than most or the patch hadn't been placed in the same place as others. :P

slide_304974_2613193_free.jpg
slide_304974_2613186_free.jpg

The patch actually isn't as close to the Indian Head crest as it looks in those pictures. Look at his collar and follow down diagonally and you can just make out there's a fold there. The big crests like that don't bend well, nor does the patch, so the loose material bends/folds around them in funny ways at times. Here's another pic from later that evening that shows the patch is no closer than on Kane's jersey:

171460728_8.jpg?w=594

I thought it was interesting you were able to find two photos of different angles of the same moment of the game.

Currently searching for a Black and White NHL 2000 patch. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Hi Guys,

Looking for:

Authentic Detroit Red Wings Home (White) CCM 6100 Datsyuk sz 48 or Blank (2001-02 Season)

Authentic Detroit Red Wings Away (Red) CCM sz 48 Ciccarelli or Blank (1992-1996)

Most any Ultrafil Red Wings Authentic

Chicago Blackhawks 1988-89 CCM Blank Home sz 48 (White) Authentic

Chicago Blackhawks 1997-99 Nike Blank Home sz 48 (White) Authentic

Also, If anyone has any questions regarding Stanley Cup patches from 1992-2002, I've done a bit of

research and collecting, so feel free to ask about the details regarding the "on-ice" versions and the collectable versions.

Cheers,

Shark

Looking for a red-bordered Hyundai ad patch for a Syracuse Crunch jersey.

Specifically, for a Konopka project:

large_080328_jm_konopka-brassard.jpg

Really hunting for an AUTHENTIC Portland Winterhawks red or white jersey ;-) Size 50 or 52....54 if I have to...

Has to be a jersey worn in '09-'10...'10-'11 or '11-'12...

Would like it so I can get it customized to Mac Carruth...

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated...

Oh yeah...still in need of an authentic 2012 NHL All Star jersey...blue....;-)

I'd email the Winterhawks about an authentic jersey. Wasn't too long ago that they were selling them online through their store.

Edit: He did play this season, too, so would a wordmarked 2.0 be okay?

Edited by tbird107

Also, If anyone has any questions regarding Stanley Cup patches from 1992-2002, I've done a bit of

research and collecting, so feel free to ask about the details regarding the "on-ice" versions and the collectable versions.

Cheers,

Shark

Any info on 1994 SCF patches would be helpful. I could use a few of those.

Agree!! I'm looking for one for a Rangers' home jersey

Here's a detailed post I made about 1994 SC patches back in 2009 comparing gamer photos with various patches I found on eBay.

The short answer is, if legit 94 Cup patches were ever available for retail, they've long since gone. So it's all about trying to find a compromise that works for you while avoiding the bad knockoff patches out there.

Yeah I know, but I'd like to find a general consensus about what the best available option is. I feel like the size of the patch is more important than the detail, because you don't want it looking weird on the shoulder pattern, sticking out too far.

Here's a detailed post I made about 1994 SC patches back in 2009 comparing gamer photos with various patches I found on eBay.

The short answer is, if legit 94 Cup patches were ever available for retail, they've long since gone. So it's all about trying to find a compromise that works for you while avoiding the bad knockoff patches out there.

Moved it into its own thread in the 101 section.

Anybody interested in trading an Authentic Katrina Relief patch for an Authentic Garth Brooks teammates for kids patch?

• TMLFAN locked this topic