Hello,

I am looking for a Joe Sakic 1996 Playoffs Jersey with the patch, in burgundy. He was my favorite player growing up, and unfortunately, it's only now that I realize that I should have bought his jersey. Does anyone know where I could find one? Thanks for the help.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the boards.

The way to find the jersey you want is patience and eBay.

The jersey you're looking for is a Starter mesh Avs jersey. Depending on how accurate you want to get, you need to get the box logo Starter from the first year they wore them. They are rare but they do pop-up occasionally.

Expecting to find a perfectly customized Sakic from that year, correctly patched, etc. will be difficult, and expensive, but not impossible. A better route would be to find a blank and have it properly customized and add the patch.

As for other pre-Reebok Avs jerseys, they pop-up occasionally on eBay as well. Just keep looking and be patient. Set up some saved searches so you get daily e-mails when new things are added. If you have questions about a specific jersey, post it here on the boards (though probably in the NHL section) and we'll try to help you out.

Thanks for the reply!

I have been looking on eBay for the past few days and I have seen some that are almost authentic, but either the starter patch on the back bottom of the jersey is wrong or the Avs patch is a little crooked.

Regarding the blank jersey, would I find those on eBay as well?

Thanks again

http://m.ebay.com/search?cad=1&so=12&isNewKw=true&cmd=SREF&call=1&acimp=0&kw=Joe+sakic+1996+jersey&mfs=GOCLK

These are the ones on eBay I'm looking at, particularly the burgundy ones.

One of them has a replica Starter patch on the back I believe, but the stitching on the front is clean and me level.

The other one has the correct Starter patch on the back, but the stitching seems weird on the front.

My question is are either of these burgundy ones an authentic? And if so, could I go to some one to re-stitch the Avs logo?

Sorry for th double post

Of the ones you posted, this one www.ebay.com/itm/360459786569 has the correct Starter boxed hem tag for the 1995-1996 season. The others appear to also be legit Starter mesh authentic jerseys, just not from that season. You can check out the Tails and Tags thread for more info.

What I guess I didn't make clear is that Starter jerseys are not still being made. Starter went bankrupt after the 1998-99 season and while the company is still around today, they don't make hockey jerseys anymore. So any Starter mesh authentic Avs jersey you get is going to be one from that era when they were produced.

That seller from the auction you linked, Locker Room Sports, bought those as blank jerseys, more than likely on eBay and had them customized/patched and are now selling them at a markup. Nothing wrong with that, if it's exactly what you want and you're willing to pay the price go for it. I will say the "C" looked funny to me but I'm not an Avs expert (though we have more than a couple here).

Regarding Stanley Cup patches. I used one from National Emblem for my 94 Rangers Leetch jersey. Is there a noticeable difference between this and ones that sell on Ebay for less?

Regarding Stanley Cup patches. I used one from National Emblem for my 94 Rangers Leetch jersey. Is there a noticeable difference between this and ones that sell on Ebay for less?

Here's a post that is hopefully all you ever needed to know about 94 SC Patches.

I'm currently on the hunt for a Mighty Ducks wordmark logo third jersey, the black and purple one. Authentic sizes 52-56 preferable, replica XL. Please PM if you have one available or know of one. Thanks!

Really digging that Bruins patch. Guess I'll have to get a Boychuk to slap it on next season.

Los Angeles Kings Reebok Edge 2.0 or Indo Edge in size 50 or 52 I cannot find these anywhere :(

I'm currently on the hunt for a Mighty Ducks wordmark logo third jersey, the black and purple one. Authentic sizes 52-56 preferable, replica XL. Please PM if you have one available or know of one. Thanks!

If by "black and purple one" you mean this:

http://nhluniforms.com/Ducks/Ducks07.html

It wouldn't be a wordmark jersey.

It's been a while so here we go: a 46 or 50 NYR Heritage Vector

I'm also looking for a Canucks 40th Anniversary jersey and a 2011 Stanley Cup Final Canucks home jersey with the vector logo. Sizes 52-56 (authentic) and/or Large (replica/premier).

Does anybody know if there are any Nashville typography patches? What I'm talking about, is something similar to what appears on their former third jersey under the neck lines.

nashville-predators-3rd-jerseys.jpg

I have no idea why, but the replica I have (not sure if all replica are like this), uses a cheap plastic material that peels easily for the "NASHVILLE" writing. (Despite everything else being crests).

It'd be awesome to be able to get a patch to replace that part. I checked on eBay, and their doesn't seem to be any. I highly doubt they exist, but I figured I'd ask.

Another Preds question: Will the team be wearing this logo or some variation of it as a patch this upcoming season?

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675016

• TMLFAN locked this topic