Looking for a Penguins patch for a late 90’s All Star jersey.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gwarjis said:

Anyone have an authentic NHL 75th anniversary patch for sale?

I haven’t bought any from this listing, but from the pictures, the patches look authentic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-75TH-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH/152818825831?hash=item2394b63a67:g:5KMAAOSwa81aKGEW:sc:USPSFirstClass!91745!US!-1&redirect=mobile

Let’s just say I think it looks exactly like an original.  I would buy it myself if I were in need of one.

13 hours ago, gwarjis said:

Anyone have an authentic NHL 75th anniversary patch for sale?

10 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Let’s just say I think it looks exactly like an original.  I would buy it myself if I were in need of one.

I measured an authentic one (which is not for sale) and its 5.25" across, but a little greater than 3.75' tall. More like 3 29/32".

However, if you look at how that seller has his rulers placed, he hasn't got the slightest concept on how to measure anything. 

That being said, I am with LAK, if its not original, its so close I can't tell and I would use it. 

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I measured an authentic one (which is not for sale) and its 5.25" across, but a little greater than 3.75' tall. More like 3 29/32".

However, if you look at how that seller has his rulers placed, he hasn't got the slightest concept on how to measure anything. 

That being said, I am with LAK, if its not original, its so close I can't tell and I would use it. 

Cool, thanks guys

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

getting down to the 32nd's of an inch, now that's accuracy.

4 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

getting down to the 32nd's of an inch, now that's accuracy.

I suppose the original guy could’ve just said, it’s between 3.5 and 4 so he just called it 3.75...

13 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I figured this might be useful to you guys... I reached out to the seller and this what he says about where he got the patches from:

couple years ago, a local long time mom/pop type sports store in pittsburgh closed its shop up & had a big retirement sale. they had alot of stuff from early 1990's until now and i grabbed up most of his penguins starter/ccm/pro player jerseys and was able to snag up the patches that went with them. he had 75th patches and the cup 100 patch from 1992-93 and other stuff and had so much from back in the day, he had a ton of old stock because they never took advantage of the interenet like they could have.
name was the Sports Deli pro sports shop or something like that.

I will add, I have dealt with that seller before for some other patches, and they were legit. Looks like you got the good ones. 

Last time original ones were available on eBay, I bought 6 like I would ever find enough jerseys to put them on. So I sold 4 of them and am keeping two in hopes that I will find the appropriate blanks one day. 

That said, I was tempted to buy more and am stopping myself. 

That answers some questions I had about the SC100 patches he was selling- he had way over 100 of them, and they looked really good to me, so I bought a few never knowing if they were originals or not.  I wasn’t that worried about that because I couldn’t tell them apart from game worn patches, but this bit of info gives me more confidence that they are from the original time period at least.

2 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

That answers some questions I had about the SC100 patches he was selling- he had way over 100 of them, and they looked really good to me, so I bought a few never knowing if they were originals or not.  I wasn’t that worried about that because I couldn’t tell them apart from game worn patches, but this bit of info gives me more confidence that they are from the original time period at least.

To be fair, the patches I bought from him were more modern (a couple of the NHL 100's last year, and some others I can't recall). But everything was good, they were authentic like he said, and I have no reason to distrust him. Didn't strike me as a guy who would make up a story just to sell patches. 

hello all,

by some miniscule chance, does anyone have an authentic NY Islanders 20th anniversary or 25th anniversary patch or know where to get one? (let me know when you are done laughing)  The NYI 25th anniversary ones currently on Ebay are reproductions and not very accurate ones.  NYI 20th anniversary patches rarely,but occasionally pop up in two forms, 1) bad reproduction and 2) worse reproduction. 

Anyway, I am beginning to believe the only way to get either of these as worn on ice is directly from an equipment manager or on a game worn/issued.  Please correct me if I am mistaken. .  

Wouldn’t you know it, we talked about the 75th anniversary patches earlier in the week, and now I need two. The link above not longer has them available.  I have some 100th Stanley Cup patches I would trade. 

Been a while since I've been here, but I'm still looking for an autographed Jagr Penguins authentic jersey, (Robo Penguins CCM or Starter, home, away and or third jersey) with the signature on one of the back numbers. I'm wondering if someone might have something like that they'd be willing to sell for a reasonable price. Thanks,

11 hours ago, jdto said:

Been a while since I've been here, but I'm still looking for an autographed Jagr Penguins authentic jersey, (Robo Penguins CCM or Starter, home, away and or third jersey) with the signature on one of the back numbers. I'm wondering if someone might have something like that they'd be willing to sell for a reasonable price. Thanks,

I may have one I will check 

5 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Leafs TBTC is needed!!

Have one coming maybe  be willing to part with it #93 ,what you looking to spend 

Edited by cowboys

On 6/1/2018 at 5:37 PM, spudrock512 said:

Wouldn’t you know it, we talked about the 75th anniversary patches earlier in the week, and now I need two. The link above not longer has them available.  I have some 100th Stanley Cup patches I would trade. 

Is this a reproduction? I’m thinking yes, but figured I would check.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401546243997

Edited by LAK74