Here's a fairly good shot of a gamer patch:

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2624908550055156021LQZnMe

It looks like the white border isn't too much wider than the black one inside of it. By the way, GREAT choice of patch for a Hawks jersey. Everybody always just goes the easy way with the ultrafil and put the Finals patch on it but they always forget about the 1991 All-Star Game and the President's Trophy winning team.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take the small one off your hands if you don't want it. I was originally looking for a finals patch, but all the replicas are garbage. Now it's between this and the NHL 75th ann patch.

Need opinions/advice on the 1991 All Star game patch. I picked up two, one from Patch Collection and one from Murf and Pat. Comparing them to the few close-up examples I could find on the web, the Murf patch (which is almost the exact size of a CD) seems the most correct. The biggest differences are the size of the white border, the hair stitching, the lack of a registered tradmark symbol, the missing forhead detail, and the red feather details (colored in solid white instead of white lines). The PatchCollection patch has all the details, but the patch is much smaller and the font size appears to be too small as well.

Does anyone have an original or gamer example of this patch? I know Murf generally has the best when it comes to patches so I was planning on trimming the white border down to about half of what it is now and going with that one.

th_91NHLAllStarcomparison.jpg

th_1991NHLASreferences.jpg

Here's a fairly good shot of a gamer patch:

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2624908550055156021LQZnMe

It looks like the white border isn't too much wider than the black one inside of it. By the way, GREAT choice of patch for a Hawks jersey. Everybody always just goes the easy way with the ultrafil and put the Finals patch on it but they always forget about the 1991 All-Star Game and the President's Trophy winning team.

Thanks Brilliant. Yeah, I really wanted to do up this one with the All Star patch. Plus, its going to be a Belfour. Had to go with either the 91 AS patch or the 92-93 Cup 100th anniversary patch for him, and I personally like the AS better. 1991 was the better year all things considered.

Mdwsta4 - have you tried any of the links on the first page of the thread for those patches. I think that an accurate replica of the finals patch is about as impossible to find as an original, but you may have better luck with the NHL 75th patch. Try Murf and Pat, that's where I got the big AS patch. If not, I would be willing to part with the small AS patch I have, as I have no real use for it now.

So, fun fact, the Premier 2007 All Star jerseys use screen printed twill. Do the authentics or did I get hosed?

No, just the replicas had the screened crap. The pro ones had all the embroidered patching and the stars were all sewn on too.

Ugh, thanks. My 2008 doesn't have a screened primary, I guess it was only 2007. I should have clarified, the PRIMARY is screened. That is unacceptable. Ugh.

Yup. Par for the course unfortunately. I bought one of those back in 2006 when they were released and I thought the same thing.

That's lame man. I'm going to replace it I think.

So my Canada jersey, I took the patch off, went to buy the patches off Unitedpatches and apparently he's no longer registered. Now I don't see the patches...any ideas?

I have two limited edition Capitals 35th Anniversary patches that I am willing to trade or sell. Some patches that I am looking for are a 1991 Labatt Canada Cup patch, a white "2pts for FG" for a 90's Canucks jersey, and a Katrina Cares patch.

I just picked them up at the game last night

4461708176_971997fdf3_d.jpg

I've still got two authentic Capitals 35th Anniversary patches available for trade or sale (sold one to the guy that runs NHLpatches. I'm looking for a Katrina Care's, Labatt Canada Cup, or 1996 Stanley Cup Finals patch. I just noticed that replica's of these patches are now on ebay. The two that I have, I bought when they were available at Verizon Center the night they wore the patch.

Those measurements sound awfully small for an All-Star patch. I thought they were more around the 4" range.

I thought the same, just wasn't sure on the Jets. Thanks! I'll keep looking.

For the life of me, I can not find a 1991 Islanders 20th anniversary patch. Anyone know where one is hiding?

Who's got some good Canada Flag shoulder patches right now that can be stitched on?

I got lucky and found a new jersey devil's shoulder patch sealed in a National pack but no luck with any decent Canada one's.

Who's got some good Canada Flag shoulder patches right now that can be stitched on?

As stated numerous times on this thread, if you need flag patches always check with AltaNHL on eBay first.

sick! Thanks!

I was bored the other day when working from home and so I took some shots of some of my patches laying on my desk.

patches_2k.jpg

patches_96wc.jpg

These two turned out rather well so I figured I'd post them here for the heck of it. And yes I need to get off my rear and get those sewn on to the appropriate jerseys instead of playing with my camera.

I'm looking for an Oilers 30th anniversary patch. I want to put it on my Premier Alternate and turn it into a Dwayne Roloson. Does this look authentic?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-EDMONTON-OILERS-30TH-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH-2008-2009-/320524192714?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa0bb0bca#ht_838wt_911

I'm looking for an Oilers 30th anniversary patch. I want to put it on my Premier Alternate and turn it into a Dwayne Roloson. Does this look authentic?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-EDMONTON-OILERS-30TH-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH-2008-2009-/320524192714?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa0bb0bca#ht_838wt_911

Most likely a reproduction. Not sure this particular one, but many of that seller's patches are reproductions with obvious inaccuracies.

That's actually the stock photo from National Emblem's website (the manufacturer of the patch)

http://www.nationalemblemcollectibles.com/images/NHL/oilers_60_109771-lg.jpg

I agree with Guam that it's probably going to be a reproduction from that seller. Considering the patch isn't terribly old, I think you should be able to find a legit one fairly easily (or just order directly from National Emblem).

Ask him to provide a picture of the actual patch instead of a stock photo - should be pretty easy to spot the errors then.

• TMLFAN locked this topic