2016 NHL All Star Jerseys Unveiled

SnakeOiler12

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the unholy child of a Nashville and Arizona jersey.

Not terrible though. Kinda reminds me a little of the old black/white/copper/gold all-star jerseys of the 80's and early 90's.

First impression is that it's pretty meh. Of course I'll probably end up getting one anyway...

Hope the lettering doesn't turn out too gaudy.

First impression is that it's pretty meh. Of course I'll probably end up getting one anyway...

Hope the lettering doesn't turn out too gaudy.

Per the press release/article:

"The All-Star jerseys will feature numbers and letters designed as modern interpretations of traditional country music poster lettering, which has been a defining aesthetic of Nashville. The numbers for the on-ice versions of the All-Star jerseys also will have the same reflective material as the crest." That'll be interesting to see.

Article also states that each player will get a Black and White jersey due to the 3-on-3 tournament format of this year's game. Lots of options available!

Yea so Meigray will sell one form each player and each colour . I do not think last years all star jerseys euthenics any way sold and made the NHL. a big profit

"The All-Star jerseys will feature numbers and letters designed as modern interpretations of traditional country music poster lettering, which has been a defining aesthetic of Nashville."

That's exactly what I was concerned about.

oh.my.god.

Wow I am usually a sucker for all-star jerseys and even began to like last year's neon-green horror shows but, these are abominations. For the crest they should have used yellow letters for NHL. The yellow border with the white letters looks incomplete like someone forgot to fill in the letters. The sleeves are ugly as sin. Its not traditional striping and I guess you can make a case to use non-traditional designs for a one off event like the all-star game but, this style is already being used by Arizona Coyotes so its not totally unique.

Also, the colors are terrible. Using black/white/gray and then basically just changing over the color on the chest makes the jerseys appear very similar and may make it difficult to tell the jerseys apart. tl;dr

Well - here's hoping Zucc gets on the team and refuses to wear these so I can save some cash.

Who's asking JB when (if) he will get the authentics?

I personally think they are 10 billion times better than those neon green abortions. I think they should have used Nashville's colours of blue, yellow, and white instead of just black and white though.

Whoo my prediction of just two jerseys came through!

In DJ's opinion they are better than last years, but not by much, I prefer the white over the dark. TBH each side should just be given a set of different coloured jerseys and ran like a scrimmage. I think if they'd of used the traditional NHL colours of black white and orange they'd of looked far better.

Nice pick Adam

Any JB update on authentic last year he took deposits and still got stuck with a boat load of them . May look to sell them off before the new crop

Hateful 8(8)?

Like to add that I'm really digging the Nashville 'western' style.

Edited by Silverback53

The customizing looks nice. The jersey, not so much. It feels like another 20 minutes and they could have had a really nice vintage looking set of jerseys, like they almost were there and then maybe it was 5pm and they just went with whatever they had up to that point and sent it to Reebok.

I quite like them, actually. Nice and simple. They look pretty nice customized, too. I'm having a hard time comprehending all the hate. They're not the greatest all-star jerseys of all time, but that doesn't make it a bad jersey.