2016 NHL All Star Jerseys Unveiled

SnakeOiler12

yeah Bettman was very upset by doing his part in creating a controversy that ended in larger than average fan interest and greater viewers.

Him and the owners are laughing all the way to the bank with this. They now can't make enough Scott all star jerseys.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I deleted that because I don't want to cause a problem, but Dierks Bently and Brent Burns kid scored on Cory, and Cory fought Lu. The weekend is about fun and that was fun.

It's not like Scott played poorly. What skater deserved the MVP more? When you have an event for the fans, you make the fans happy. Despite looking like they were trying to avoid it, the NHL did the right thing eventually.

Hey we all know Scott is not an all-star, but that is a feel good story for a guy who plays a role which is not really recognized in the mainstream.

Given the deaths of some prominent enforcers in recent memory, this is a good push for a guy who would not normally get that sort of notoriety

Polarizing issue yes, but at least have some fun with it.....

I deleted that because I don't want to cause a problem, but Dierks Bently and Brent Burns kid scored on Cory, and Cory fought Lu. The weekend is about fun and that was fun.

It's not like Scott played poorly. What skater deserved the MVP more? When you have an event for the fans, you make the fans happy. Despite looking like they were trying to avoid it, the NHL did the right thing eventually.

Yeah it's about fun with ALL STARS. John Scott is not an all star.

Gibson deserved it more. However you know if Scott only had 1 assist he would have been MVP anyways. No way he wasn't going to get ther fairy tale ending so the NHL can reap all the rewards.

Hey we all know Scott is not an all-star, but that is a feel good story for a guy who plays a role which is not really recognized in the mainstream.

Given the deaths of some prominent enforcers in recent memory, this is a good push for a guy who would not normally get that sort of notoriety

Polarizing issue yes, but at least have some fun with it.....

So every all star game should have a player who is clearly not an all star just because it feels good? What's the point of calling it an all star game then?

And yes....part of me wants to get a John Scott all-star jersey even though it is nowhere near close to fitting in my collection and the fact that i don't really like the look of them.

I have a feeling our resident enforcer collector bobbyp is already on the horn purchasing Scott's game worn all-star jersey

So every all star game should have a player who is clearly not an all star just because it feels good? What's the point of calling it an all star game then?

Not saying that, however the NHL did open it up to the fans to vote and did not put any restrictions on how many times/who you could vote for....so they learned their lesson.

If the fans are supposed to vote for their choice of all-stars, he belongs there.

If the NHL wants to go back to choosing who they feel belongs there, they can do so, but it's the fans that pay to fill the seats.

Whatever, it really doesn't mean anything. They guy won a trophy and a car the the other attendees can buy with a single game check.

It was a story that like it or not, drew attention to the game from people who weren't previously fans. Just look at the threads all over Reddit and others places.

In the end, it's good for the league, the fans, John Scott, and John Scott's family. And I didn't see another player who was unhappy, did you?

And you can vote who you think should be MVP, but the players picked him up at the end of the game and that is how the team feels. That's more important to a player than anything.

It is about having fun, and with Jagr and Scott in the final it was fun. Scott winning the MVP was fun. This was certainly the most memorable ASG in recent memory. No, it is not the 70's or 80's but the NHL is not like those days anymore anyway. This is an ASG that people will remember, which is ore than you can say about most of them.

This is the first time I can ever recall in my lifetime that the game was actually more entertaining than the skills competition.

I went to the whole weekend of events here in Nashville, and just want to say it was all a blast!

my favorite part of the whole weekend was Meeting Brent Burns and seeing how he is with the fans. Such a great guy!

One the first night of fan fair after his scheduled speaking event. instead of just leaving. He stayed and took his two young kids around the Event. and Actually stayed and played street hockey with a bunch of kids. Signed and took pics with whoever wanted one.

and then today during the Pre game warm ups for the game….. He must have thrown like 20 pucks to kids. Seemed like every time he took a shot of net and skated around the boards he threw another puck..

I sure you San Jose fans Love him in your hometown!

They set up a stupid scenario by allowing the fans to select him. This is 2016 and the world and the internet are full of trolls. Thus, the NHL got trolled. I don't buy that the NHL orchestrated the trade, but I do believe they tried to use it to get out of this situation. If they don't fix the voting rules by next year, it will happen again (Stephen Gionta, anyone?).

John Scott was voted in under the rules, and gave the fans what they voted for, despite what must have been a very embarrassing situation for him. Uncertain future, didn't even have a team jersey to wear or a patch to put on his All Star jersey, everyone knowing it's a joke and he didn't belong there, but he still followed through with it.

It made a generally uninteresting weekend have a little bit of anti-establishment flavor, and I for one enjoyed the hell out of it.

They set up a stupid scenario by allowing the fans to select him. This is 2016 and the world and the internet are full of trolls. Thus, the NHL got trolled. I don't buy that the NHL orchestrated the trade, but I do believe they tried to use it to get out of this situation. If they don't fix the voting rules by next year, it will happen again (Stephen Gionta, anyone?).

John Scott was voted in under the rules, and gave the fans what they voted for, despite what must have been a very embarrassing situation for him. Uncertain future, didn't even have a team jersey to wear or a patch to put on his All Star jersey, everyone knowing it's a joke and he didn't belong there, but he still followed through with it.

It made a generally uninteresting weekend have a little bit of anti-establishment flavor, and I for one enjoyed the hell out of it.

And scored two goals...as captain!

Yes JB included a team patch when I bought mine. The team patch is loose though, not sewn on. Which is fine, EPS will sew it on for like $6.

Yeah same here. Jersey and patch ran me $325, off eBay of course.

Mine isn't going until the spring sale most likely, and I believe mfitz is thinking the same thing. So I it will probably be a while before we have ours back.