2016 NHL All Star Jerseys Unveiled

SnakeOiler12

That's also assuming EPS still has that sale. Most likely they will, but whose to say this will be the last year or they will offer less of a discount?

This is the second year in a row where I don't have anything to send EPS for the sale.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's also assuming EPS still has that sale. Most likely they will, but whose to say this will be the last year or they will offer less of a discount?

This is the second year in a row where I don't have anything to send EPS for the sale.

Correct, it is only true if they offer the sale. If they don't, They don't. If they do, I'm saving enough cash that it's like paying for four and getting one jersey done for free.

My first year on this site I only sent one jersey in for the sale, which was more by coincidence because I happened to get the jersey while the sale was already going on. Last year, I believe I sent in nine, saving myself about $120.

I am not one who always saves stuff for the sale, I send stuff in all year round. But, when it's close and I have a few, might as well wait.

If you have 20 jerseys to customize, fine, it makes sense. Some of these posts sound like people have one jersey and they will wait 6 months to customize them to save $15. My point is that if you have $300+ to spend on a jersey, I would think that saving $15 would not be an issue. Saving $300 on 20 jerseys, sure, that then makes sense.

Any Money saved is a Good thing some guys buy a blank and wait a long time before customizing it .

Not seeing your point of judgement on guys from the board .

I buy a lot of blanks, so when I get to a certain point in the year I just throw them in a box and wait for the sale. I have so many to wear it doesn't make a difference, and with what I have going I'm essentially getting 2-3 jerseys done up for free. I'll take that everytime.

If you have 20 jerseys to customize, fine, it makes sense. Some of these posts sound like people have one jersey and they will wait 6 months to customize them to save $15. My point is that if you have $300+ to spend on a jersey, I would think that saving $15 would not be an issue. Saving $300 on 20 jerseys, sure, that then makes sense.

Or you could wait one month at this point (not six) and save 20% for something that you're not getting back for a few months anyway...

For me personally, I would not hold a single jersey for 6 months to save $15. I have very little patience and I would send that jersey in immediately as I have done a million times. I would add though, the way I shop I often spend many hours (days, weeks) trying to find the absolute best rock bottom price, even if I have $300 to spend on a jersey, there are times that saving $15 and knowing I got the best price might be a compelling option. For example, two of my jerseys I'll be doing are $50 replicas (because authentic are unavailable). Feels a little better spending $50 to customize than $65, since I know they won't be "worth" what I have into them either way.

But, at this point, as Hollywood Cannon points out, does it really matter if I get that jersey back in 8-12 weeks or 12-16 weeks? Probably not. So there's good logic for waiting at this point.

As I have amassed a box full of jerseys that need to be done, the argument is only academic at this point.

Personally, I barely have the patience to wait the normal EPS wait, and getting in behind all of their sale orders likely delays things further. For one jersey I would pay more to get it back quicker.

Oh I mean the wait time for getting the jerseys back is awful, I hate that. But for some reason having them sitting in my closet waiting to go out doesn't bother me. I think it's just the excitement once they're there and waiting to get them back.

Last time I sent 6 of pretty much same type on the first day of the last spring sale and it took 5 or 6 weeks, this time it will be 12-14 with at least 4 completely different customizations, so we'll see how long that takes.

Edited by JoeM7392

Last time I sent 6 of pretty much same type on the first day of the last spring sale and it took 5 or 6 weeks, this time it will be 12-14 with at least 4 completely different customizations, so we'll see how long that takes.

Good point also, the Spring Sale exists because that's their slow time. That usually means faster turn around time than usual as well. So if you send one a month before the sale, and one during the sale, they may actually get done at the same time.

Depending on what you send. I sent a bunch of oddballs last year and like JoeM said, it was over 12 weeks.

FYI. The black on the ASG number kits was reflective, as was the black in the NHL shield. Name font was twill.

The gamers were done at the CCM factory.

Are the numbers 3M reflective like the border of the shield, or more sparkly like the main part? I didn't notice them catching the light when I watched the game, but maybe I just wasn't looking. They just look black in any pics I can find.

Neither, they are sublimated, presumably one layer only.

###### fans.

No collector is dumb enough to pay those prices.

So you're saying the numbers are two-layer, with a black non-twill layer on top? You've seen a gamer close-up?