2016 NHL All Star Jerseys Unveiled

SnakeOiler12

Is it confirmed the black layer is twill? Could be a reflective vinyl that is pressed to encapsulate the twill so it doesn't have to be sewn?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a look at the sedin gamer. My perspective was the numbers are black twill that has been sublimated with yellow ontop and the reflective black material is pressed along the border of the black twill so that the yellow and reflective black material merge at the same depth and appear as a uniform single layer. Hope this makes sense. Kind of like kiss cut application however its not ontop of the yellow but is right beside it.

I had a look at the sedin gamer. My perspective was the numbers are black twill that has been sublimated with yellow ontop and the reflective black material is pressed along the border of the black twill so that the yellow and reflective black material merge at the same depth and appear as a uniform single layer. Hope this makes sense. Kind of like kiss cut application however its not ontop of the yellow but is right beside it.

This makes a little more sense to me.

I still think the base twill is white with gold sublimation on it. (In the Gibson picture posted earlier in this thread, you can see on the upper left part of the back number the exposed cut edge of the twill, which is white, not black.)

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=7602&p=172808

My guess is that the black reflective material is significantly thinner than twill, which is why the inner edge of the black strip does not stand out in relief against the gold layer which is immediately beneath it. But I still think that the thin black strip has to lie on top of the perimeter of the gold layer. I also wouldn't be surprised if there were a black sublimated area right under where the black reflective strip goes, something like what Custom Crafted does.

I still think the base twill is white with gold sublimation on it. (In the Gibson picture posted earlier in this thread, you can see on the upper left part of the back number the exposed cut edge of the twill, which is white, not black.)

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=7602&p=172808

My guess is that the black reflective material is significantly thinner than twill, which is why the inner edge of the black strip does not stand out in relief against the gold layer which is immediately beneath it. But I still think that the thin black strip has to lie on top of the perimeter of the gold layer. I also wouldn't be surprised if there were a black sublimated area right under where the black reflective strip goes, something like what Custom Crafted does.

You are correct, sublimation starts with a white base only. You can't sublimate gold onto black. There is not a sublimated black outline on the base layer, only gold and the darker gold striping bevel effect.

You are also correct that the top kiss-cut layer of black reflective twill is very thin and does not show a very apparent edge or lip when photographed and appears as if it could be one layer.

It's two layers and only sewn down on the outer edge to the jersey. It doesn't have to make sense why, that's just how it is. Probably because it's for one game

Geez that was fast. How come they can't get my stuff done that quickly? :P

Well my EPS 2016 All-Star is on the way to me, so we'll see how accurate it really is! Should be here Wens.

Please, hit us with pictures when it arrives!!!

My Larkin just arrived today:

Edit-- It seems to me that the numbers aren't as reflective as what the gamers looked like, but who knows

I have full pics in my album in my signature in case anyone wants the overview

APxo916.jpgxMsnhI0.jpgFScZWlH.jpg

Second pic is the bottom of the back number, 3rd is the arm number

Edited by FlyersFan376

What's the answer on how the numbers are being done by EPS? One layer or two layer with a kiss cut black layer? Can't tell from the pictures.

For the record, I'm totally ok with one layer sublimated and I'll be sending them mine, should they ever actually start the Spring Sale.

I could only imagine the s*** fit Josh is gonna throw at the first person who complains that it should be two layer.

I could only imagine the s*** fit Josh is gonna throw at the first person who complains that it should be two layer.

Josh already said that he is doing them the way they were on ice. So he believes (and the official specs he is provided probably state) that one layer sublimated numbers is accurate.

I personally have no idea unless and until I see a game jersey. But every picture I've seen looks one layer and the way they are sewn implies one layer.

Some experienced and knowledgeable members here have stated they've seen the gamers and have attested to them being kiss-cut. That's good enough for me, and I'm taking their word for it. But if Josh really thinks they are one layer, it will probably be difficult to convince him otherwise. At this point I'm really hesitant to even ask him if they are willing to change things up. However, if they don't have the reflective material, I suppose it's pointless to even ask them to add a kiss-cut black layer.

I suppose I should believe that as well.

That being said, if that's the case the kiss cut layer isn't fully sewn and I don't like that.

That's the thing that really bugs me about him. I think some one ask him if EPS would do them 2 layer to which the response was only that they would be done exactly the same as on the ice which we now find out they are not.