2016 NHL All Star Jerseys Unveiled

SnakeOiler12

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've dealt with Josh and EPS for years and Josh has been nothing but nice to me. He has even sent me emails when they are working on the jersey to make sure everything is done right to my liking without me even asking.

I've dealt with Josh and EPS for years and Josh has been nothing but nice to me. He has even sent me emails when they are working on the jersey to make sure everything is done right to my liking without me even asking.

I can't even contact him to ask a question without getting attitude. Consider yourself lucky.

Yeah, you may be the only one.

Josh has been really good to me too, over the years. I've probably had over 50 jerseys done there, often with some pretty detailed instructions, and he seems to really pay attention to what I ask, and makes sure it gets done that way. Never had a problem with him.

I can't even contact him to ask a question without getting attitude. Consider yourself lucky.

Not directing this at you nor anyone here in particular, but what do you think the % of revenue they get is from the mail in orders versus team orders? Probably 10% or less in my opinion. What do you think the % of complaints comes from those mail in orders? If it is less than 75% I would be shocked.

I think it is because I set my expectations differently and I think that is mostly from collecting gamers. Some of the stuff I have seen on gamers would make a lot of jersey geeks upset if they were sent out to customers such as incorrect/inconsistent nameplate material, crooked letters, nameplate stitched on crooked, numbers stitched on crooked, placement of alternate and captain's letters changing even on different jerseys for the same player. I remember a couple years back on FB someone ripping apart EPS because they put the alternate captain's A in a different spot on his jersey than the photo he had of the player. Sorry but if the player is wears a size 58 and you send in a size 52 or 54, it won't be the same.

Not trying to justify nor really defend him, but I think I would get snippy too when a bunch of jersey geeks are constantly on my Arse about the smallest of details for your jersey. It's still an imperfect process and people who want on-ice specs should realize that it's more of a general idea rather than a hard or static guideline.

This is on their home page:

"At Exclusive Pro Sports we maintain contracts with the professional leagues so that your pro sports jerseys are an exact replication of the authentic sports jerseys worn by players on the field. Our numerous archives allow us to re-create current authentic jerseys names and numbers, as well as throwbacks, vintage jerseys, and any other team that desires customizing. We maintain stocks of tackle twill, felt, vinyl, heat transfers, and we possess the abilities of screenprinting and embroidery. At Exclusive Pro Sports we pride ourselves on Authenticity, Quality, and Fair Pricing."

He should take those complaints and questions with a smile on his face, because that's what they're supposed to do. It doesn't matter if those people make up a smaller percentage than their contract stuff, they knew that when they put that statement up on their website.

Not directing this at you nor anyone here in particular, but what do you think the % of revenue they get is from the mail in orders versus team orders? Probably 10% or less in my opinion. What do you think the % of complaints comes from those mail in orders? If it is less than 75% I would be shocked.

I think it is because I set my expectations differently and I think that is mostly from collecting gamers. Some of the stuff I have seen on gamers would make a lot of jersey geeks upset if they were sent out to customers such as incorrect/inconsistent nameplate material, crooked letters, nameplate stitched on crooked, numbers stitched on crooked, placement of alternate and captain's letters changing even on different jerseys for the same player. I remember a couple years back on FB someone ripping apart EPS because they put the alternate captain's A in a different spot on his jersey than the photo he had of the player. Sorry but if the player is wears a size 58 and you send in a size 52 or 54, it won't be the same.

Not trying to justify nor really defend him, but I think I would get snippy too when a bunch of jersey geeks are constantly on my Arse about the smallest of details for your jersey. It's still an imperfect process and people who want on-ice specs should realize that it's more of a general idea rather than a hard or static guideline.

I understand all of that. Josh once told me its 5% of the business. I would say closer to 95% of the complaints come from that group.

From my perspective, before this ASG topic, the only questions I ever asked were "Can you do XYZ jerseys?" and "its been 15 weeks, any idea when it will be done?". That's hardly being constantly on his Arse about small details. Its not even complaints, its just requests for information.

Josh himself has described me in conversations we have as someone who sends him "a lot of jerseys". I have no idea how many I have done in the 2 years + I have been using them. I seriously don't think at this point that answering basic questions should be an issue. I'm not talking about "My captain's C is 1/16" too far to the right!!!"

I should add that personally, I've never really had an issue outside of really short and sometimes indirect answers.

But earlier in this thread, an answer to a question was posted that we now know was just a flat out lie. That is just ridiculous.

"At Exclusive Pro Sports we maintain contracts with the professional leagues so that your pro sports jerseys are an exact replication of the authentic sports jerseys worn by players on the field. Our numerous archives allow us to re-create current authentic jerseys names and numbers, as well as throwbacks, vintage jerseys, and any other team that desires customizing. We maintain stocks of tackle twill, felt, vinyl, heat transfers, and we possess the abilities of screenprinting and embroidery. At Exclusive Pro Sports we pride ourselves on Authenticity, Quality, and Fair Pricing."

He should take those complaints and questions with a smile on his face, because that's what they're supposed to do. It doesn't matter if those people make up a smaller percentage than their contract stuff, they knew that when they put that statement up on their website.

Also, if its so insignificant a percentage of their business that they don't care to treat customers in accordance with the tenets of basic customer service, then they should just not accept jerseys from individuals, or at least not any that they don't already do, which they are guaranteed to get right.

They do provide authenticity, quality and fair pricing. Doesn't mean they are going to go after every last detail, especially when Reebok and the NHL throws them a curveball and has the ASG jerseys done overseas where they don't have the opportunity or ability to replicate it exactly to what's on the ice. While again I am not going to defend Josh about his handling of this year's ASG and the answers he provided, how many of the actual jerseys he received for it did people question if it was single layer sublaminated versus layered kiss cut? I can imagine not many made a big stink about that particular item.

I've found Josh to be a complete jerk in my dealings with him. I have one final thing that I need to buy from them and then I won't ever use them again. I've had enough of his condescending rude attitude over things that he gets wrong. He tells me one thing, I clarify it and try to go forward with the order, and he changes things again and acts as if I wasn't reading properly.

He's a first class d-bag. No question about it.

Nailed it.

I understand all of that. Josh once told me its 5% of the business. I would say closer to 95% of the complaints come from that group.

From my perspective, before this ASG topic, the only questions I ever asked were "Can you do XYZ jerseys?" and "its been 15 weeks, any idea when it will be done?". That's hardly being constantly on his Arse about small details. Its not even complaints, its just requests for information.

Josh himself has described me in conversations we have as someone who sends him "a lot of jerseys". I have no idea how many I have done in the 2 years + I have been using them. I seriously don't think at this point that answering basic questions should be an issue. I'm not talking about "My captain's C is 1/16" too far to the right!!!"

Not trying to bash you, but that bolded line does not come across well when you start it off with "it's been 15 weeks" part. You could have gotten the same information without adding that little bit that sounds accusatory and a bit rude. Imagine if you were in sales and someone comes up to you with "its been 15 weeks, where is this item" versus "Hey just curious what is the status of my item?"

I can see where you're coming from and I don't want to get into a big thing about this.

I just wish it was easier to deal with him than it is. I feel like I've been very reasonable and understanding, but when I ask a question I don't think it's absurd to expect an actual answer.

Realistically, I'm going to keep sending stuff and dealing with it, which is all they care about. I just don't like the idea that you're probably right, and they care about me less because I don't own a hockey team. My money works the same way any other money does.

Edited by JoeM7392

I'm sure mfitz asked that question differently to Josh himself. I think he just went short on that to give an example.

I can see where you're coming from and I don't want to get into a big thing about this.

I just wish it was easier to deal with him than it is. I feel like I've been very reasonable and understanding, but when I ask a question I don't think it's absurd to expect an actual answer.

Realistically, I'm going to keep sending stuff and dealing with it, which is all they care about. I just don't like the idea that you're probably right, and they care about me less because I don't own a hockey team. My money works the same way any other money does.

That's the thing and that's how the world works. All money works the same way but some people have more of it like the teams. Big spenders always get priority wherever you go.

I'm sure mfitz asked that question differently to Josh himself. I think he just went short on that to give an example.

That's def a possibility.

Another plus for a team-style order (for the suppliers) is that it streamlines their production. Pull up the name and number font set, plug in the letters and numbers, and hit "go". Makes it easy to churn out sets of 25. Not so easy when the process is to replicate a non-house font for sets of 2-3.

Not to justify anything, but a thought.

Not trying to bash you, but that bolded line does not come across well when you start it off with "it's been 15 weeks" part. You could have gotten the same information without adding that little bit that sounds accusatory and a bit rude. Imagine if you were in sales and someone comes up to you with "its been 15 weeks, where is this item" versus "Hey just curious what is the status of my item?"

I didn't phrase it that way. I was paraphrasing. I'm very diplomatic.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone in particular, but let's try to be fair here. You know, we're all a bunch of jersey geeks who obsess about every little detail, and even so it still took us months to figure out how those ASG jerseys were done. Is it really reasonable to expect Josh to know every single detail about every single new, never-seen-before jersey model of every team, league and sport that exists? Isn't it possible that Josh was just answering the question to the best of his knowledge at the time the question was asked? It's customary for them to say they do jerseys to on-ice specs, so he really wasn't saying anything unexpected or unrealistic. Maybe he, just like us, recently found out how the gamers were done, and then realized that they couldn't do them 100% accurately because they didn't have the reflective material. To say that he flat-out lied is being a little harsh I think, and I don't see how one can be 100% sure of that. Haven't you guys ever said something you thought was correct, and found out later that it wasn't? You wouldn't want to be called a flat-out liar because of that, right?

I didn't phrase it that way. I was paraphrasing. I'm very diplomatic.

My apologizes then.

My apologizes then.

Not necessary, but thanks. I can be pretty abrupt on the boards, but when asking someone who is doing me a service a question, especially someone known for not liking questions, I know how to handle that.

Josh, after being prodded as to what they were actually doing because there was a question of what was correct, told somebody the way they were done is a trade secret and they'd have to send a jersey in to see how it was done.

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't know at the time that he wasn't doing them correctly.