Where to customize Habs 2016 Winter Classic Jersey?

mlaval

If he's asking about "plastic" trim on the numbers, then it almost certainly won't be a current Blues jersey, nor would Liebe be the original customizer. He's probably talking about an older model (Custom Crafted-lettered) Blues jersey. Bronson, do you mind mentioning which year/color jersey you have, and which player number you want? I might possibly have a few pointers regarding EPS' Blues lettering, unless it's the 1995-98 model with the red trim.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's asking about "plastic" trim on the numbers, then it almost certainly won't be a current Blues jersey, nor would Liebe be the original customizer. He's probably talking about an older model (Custom Crafted-lettered) Blues jersey. Bronson, do you mind mentioning which year/color jersey you have, and which player number you want? I might possibly have a few pointers regarding EPS' Blues lettering, unless it's the 1995-98 model with the red trim.

Good catch, it would not be a current one.

That's the other answer. Just use the team's shop, and it'll be "correct".

I happen to prefer just dealing with one shop. I had done a Brodeur Blues jersey and I tried to get in touch with Liebe, and I found it to be more trouble than it was worth (can't do it online, have to call, they may or may not answer, etc.). So I sent it to EPS and it came out perfectly.

Still miss that one...

I've had two Blues jerseys done by Liebe and never had to call them except when they called me to get my credit card info, at my request. Everything was done through email and they were always quick and very helpful. Strange to hear your troubles with them

I've had two Blues jerseys done by Liebe and never had to call them except when they called me to get my credit card info, at my request. Everything was done through email and they were always quick and very helpful. Strange to hear your troubles with them

in fairness, someone may have advised me to call instead of e-mailing, I can't recall now.

To comment on the original topic of this thread, I had a Canadiens WC kit made up from SLC. Felt material and the stitching inside the numbers. It's on its way to Mike (board name - Brilliant) right now to get sewn onto the jersey so maybe he can comment on the accuracy of the kit as a whole. Mike, not to make extra work for you but if you want, feel free to snap a couple pics of the loose kit (or the jersey after its applied) if you think it would benefit the thread.

Edited by ted1025

Sorry to go off topic. It's the 90"s Blues. Probably will go with Hull along with a 75th anni patch along with the Blues 25th patch. I've see pics of gameworn and noticed the numbers have that plastic( If that's what it is) trim on the numbers. BTW I sent my jersey back today and I will post pics as soon as it returns. *Fingers crossed*

To comment on the original topic of this thread, I had a Canadiens WC kit made up from SLC. Felt material and the stitching inside the numbers. It's on its way to Mike (board name - Brilliant) right now to get sewn onto the jersey so maybe he can comment on the accuracy of the kit as a whole. Mike, not to make extra work for you but if you want, feel free to snap a couple pics of the loose kit (or the jersey after its applied) if you think it would benefit the thread.

Great suggestion. I couldn't even find the kit on ebay. Only what was used on mine.

Sorry to go off topic. It's the 90"s Blues. Probably will go with Hull along with a 75th anni patch along with the Blues 25th patch.

If you go with EPS and make it a Hull, I think there's a very good chance it will come out quite accurately. On older Blues jerseys, EPS does tend to make some errors on certain letters and numbers (All 3 of my Blues jerseys done there unfortunately had one "mistake" or another), but I think you'll probably be OK with a Hull. If you have the road blue jersey, be aware that the red vinyl material they use in the numbers has a bit of orange in it, so the shade does not exactly match the red color in the crest. But it's not bad, and I've managed to live with it the way it is.

If you go with EPS and make it a Hull, I think there's a very good chance it will come out quite accurately. On older Blues jerseys, EPS does tend to make some errors on certain letters and numbers (All 3 of my Blues jerseys done there unfortunately had one "mistake" or another), but I think you'll probably be OK with a Hull. If you have the road blue jersey, be aware that the red vinyl material they use in the numbers has a bit of orange in it, so the shade does not exactly match the red color in the crest. But it's not bad, and I've managed to live with it the way it is.

That's good to know, thanks. I won the road blue a couple of weeks ago on Ebay. I have that, a black ultrafil Canucks, a blue Rangers and others going to EPS when their spring sale starts