What's It Worth?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I know you're going to laugh, but just for shits and giggles, how much would my collection be worth? It can't be that much since it's an Indo-Edge and a bunch of pre-lockout replicas, but I'm just curious, since I know a few of the replicas (like most of the Koho alternates) were only made for a year.

Hey fellas. I recently aquired this 1988-1989 Zarley Zalapski game worn home jersey. Any idea on a value? I'd like to think I got it for a good price but game worn jerseys are out of my wheel house...not much experience with them. Especially ones this old. It popped up on ebay and by the advice of a friend, I carted it.

It has lots of wear. Many hole repairs in the elbows and glue repairs to try and fix separated screen printing.

If the player was a complete slug, I'd say it wouldn't be worth much. Zarley wasn't a super star but he did have an 11 year NHL career playing defence for various teams.

The jersey has no paperwork but I'm assuming something out of the 80's wouldn't have a team LOA like they have these days.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

Thank you.

20160226_204009_zpsp1ttoobb.jpg

20160226_204342_zpsuojbdbbu.jpg

20160226_204111_zpsda6vaqil.jpg

20160226_204052_zps7kpfirpp.jpg

20160226_204911_zps14i2si6v.jpg

20160226_204355_zpswjkyn2hh.jpg

20160226_204439_zpsf5ynin3f.jpg

20160226_204406_zpscfrd1neq.jpg

20160226_204242_zpsdrxgfkv4.jpg

20160226_205037_zpseqnghv7z.jpg

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

OK, I know you're going to laugh, but just for shits and giggles, how much would my collection be worth? It can't be that much since it's an Indo-Edge and a bunch of pre-lockout replicas, but I'm just curious, since I know a few of the replicas (like most of the Koho alternates) were only made for a year.

Are they customized or blanks? A blank Indo, from what I've seen, are worth about 100 bucks blank. Any blank 550 replica, regardless of brand usually is worth around $35-$60.

If they are customized decently, you could probably tack about $25 to the values.

I almost grabbed that Zalapski, but I'm in purge mode right now (which you already know, Adam)

I almost grabbed that Zalapski, but I'm in purge mode right now (which you already know, Adam)

I'm a big fan of purge mode ?

That Pens jersey is most likely from the first half of 1988-89 before they switched to twill numbers. That was the only year the Pens used Century Sports ultrafil with the black collar. I like the use of old Cooper mesh as backing for repairs too. That's pretty wild. The lack of a nameplate is strange but not completely out of the realm. The Nords did that in certain instances as well.

Are they customized or blanks? A blank Indo, from what I've seen, are worth about 100 bucks blank. Any blank 550 replica, regardless of brand usually is worth around $35-$60.

If they are customized decently, you could probably tack about $25 to the values.

The Indo has NHL Shop customization, as I bought it before I got into the habit.

All of the other jerseys are (or will be) customized by EPS.

The Indo has NHL Shop customization, as I bought it before I got into the habit.

All of the other jerseys are (or will be) customized by EPS.

I forgot about the "ugly" replicas...the Burger Kings, Islanders fisherman and the Ducks wild wing. Those fetch a pretty penny for replicas. I've heard of Burger King jerseys fetching hundreds of dollars. Those fisherman I've seen go for around $200 and the wild wings go for around $300 or more. It's all relative to the buyer I guess...depends on how much one is willing to pay. The white Liberty Rangers replicas even go for over $100 sometimes.

I bought a Lemieux 91/92 white replica for a flip once. It was absolutely mint with original tags in a size XL...it was gorgeous. I thought it was worth a lot more than the $75 I paid for it so I bought it and listed it hoping to double up. Didn't quite work out as I had planned...lol. it sat on ebay for over a year and eventually sold for $79.99. A complete waste of time and energy on my part...lesson learned.

But just a constructive piece of advice. If you're going to spend the cash getting replicas customized by EPS, why not save that bit of extra cash and find some blank authentics? You can find great deals every once and a while. It takes a bit of patience but you can usually find what you're looking for. It's an awesome feeling finding a sweet deal on a blank that you know will be done right. Like I said, just advice. Everybody is different and has different collecting goals. If you're into the replicas because you're wearing them a lot and don't want to ruine an authentic, I can understand that. But again, you can find them cheap (usually) and they wash just the same.

That Pens jersey is most likely from the first half of 1988-89 before they switched to twill numbers. That was the only year the Pens used Century Sports ultrafil with the black collar. I like the use of old Cooper mesh as backing for repairs too. That's pretty wild. The lack of a nameplate is strange but not completely out of the realm. The Nords did that in certain instances as well.

After seeing this jersey in person, I said to myself, why would they use this heavy screen print for so long. I can see why they made the switch to twill. That screen print peeling and glue repairs must have drove the equipment manager crazy!

It was quite a surprise to see that mesh once I turned it inside out. Thought that was very cool.

I think you should start yourself a little Zalapski gamer collection. I know a guy who could hook you up with one or two... :ninja:

Believe me, the thought crossed my mind when I saw what you had in your sales thread. You have another one besides the Flames jersey?

Ah, Zarley Zalapski!!! I actually had a large collection of ZZ gamers back in the day when I collected game worn jerseys. I think I ended up with getting 12 total jerseys before I had to sell my collection when my wife and I moved. People used to ask me why I collected Zalapski jerseys, even though I am a Hawks fan, and it really just came down to I loved the name and his wicked Zalap Shot!!! In fact, the one FuriousD has is from my collection (I am still contemplating that one too). The one that you had is not one I previously owned, but I did have the next set where the Pens switched to the twill numbers. I sold that one for $1200 about 5-6 years ago, although it probably won't be worth that much now. With everything being heat pressed on yours, I would think the price would be cut in half from that, but I still think you got a good deal. So I would think $500 would be reasonable. Nice pick up Dude!!!

Ah, Zarley Zalapski!!! I actually had a large collection of ZZ gamers back in the day when I collected game worn jerseys. I think I ended up with getting 12 total jerseys before I had to sell my collection when my wife and I moved. People used to ask me why I collected Zalapski jerseys, even though I am a Hawks fan, and it really just came down to I loved the name and his wicked Zalap Shot!!! In fact, the one FuriousD has is from my collection (I am still contemplating that one too). The one that you had is not one I previously owned, but I did have the next set where the Pens switched to the twill numbers. I sold that one for $1200 about 5-6 years ago, although it probably won't be worth that much now. With everything being heat pressed on yours, I would think the price would be cut in half from that, but I still think you got a good deal. So I would think $500 would be reasonable. Nice pick up Dude!!!

Thanks man. I'm really diggin' the jersey. I just hope it doesn't lead me down a very expensive path to collecting gamers. I've got a few minor league gamers but nothing special and very reasonably priced.

Just goes to show I have a lot to learn about the game worn realm. I didn't go over $400 for the Zalapski so that's good...I think the deal turned out well.

I forgot about the "ugly" replicas...the Burger Kings, Islanders fisherman and the Ducks wild wing. Those fetch a pretty penny for replicas. I've heard of Burger King jerseys fetching hundreds of dollars. Those fisherman I've seen go for around $200 and the wild wings go for around $300 or more. It's all relative to the buyer I guess...depends on how much one is willing to pay. The white Liberty Rangers replicas even go for over $100 sometimes.

I bought a Lemieux 91/92 white replica for a flip once. It was absolutely mint with original tags in a size XL...it was gorgeous. I thought it was worth a lot more than the $75 I paid for it so I bought it and listed it hoping to double up. Didn't quite work out as I had planned...lol. it sat on ebay for over a year and eventually sold for $79.99. A complete waste of time and energy on my part...lesson learned.

But just a constructive piece of advice. If you're going to spend the cash getting replicas customized by EPS, why not save that bit of extra cash and find some blank authentics? You can find great deals every once and a while. It takes a bit of patience but you can usually find what you're looking for. It's an awesome feeling finding a sweet deal on a blank that you know will be done right. Like I said, just advice. Everybody is different and has different collecting goals. If you're into the replicas because you're wearing them a lot and don't want to ruine an authentic, I can understand that. But again, you can find them cheap (usually) and they wash just the same.

To be honest with you, with how far along I am, I want to see this through to the end and complete the league. I'm pretty close to finishing the league (all but one of the teams is represented in my collection) but I doubt I'll go so far as to get a full set (home, road and alt) for all 30 teams, especially since 20/30 teams I have only one jersey at this point. I just don't know what the finishing point is yet. I'm having fun with this collection and while I do intend to start collecting authentics, I want to see how far I can take this phase of my collecting.

• 2 weeks later...

I could use some help figuring out the value of this Tie Domi Jets Jersey I have. When I received the jersey, it had an auto on the crest, I decided to replace the crest. The crest also comes from an authentic Jets jersey, so it is NOT a reproduction. The jersey still has the originally hang tag on the jersey and the proper rounded edge twill nameplate with what looks to be proper customization. Both of those were original to the jersey when I received it.

I am trying to figure out if I want to keep this jersey and sell my Selanne jersey that is original, but does not have a rounded edge twill nameplate and the font might be a bit off, but is very close. That jersey is not as good of condition as the Domi, but is still very nice. Both jerseys are size 52.

Here are the Domi Pics:

8B33E679-950D-4874-89C5-A744F126EDDF_zps

33A0AA65-F403-4D34-A874-E95305085559_zps

DD4078C5-95EB-4F0B-8C03-8E16BC2AA056_zpsF074F2C0-DE0A-4241-B04B-60388DA6FD30_zps

It's worth $50. Don't listen to what anyone else says about its value. Let me know where to send it.

In all seriousness that's a really sweet Jets jersey. I'd say it's worth $300 give or take $50.

Hey guys...I'm sure some of you have seen this on ebay. It's a complete strip and redo but what do you guys think a reasonable value is? It had a screen printed Penguin logo on the front and the seller said the numbers are stitched only...no glue. I know it's way overpriced for something that's completely incorrect.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=152016117560&alt=web

Hey guys...I'm sure some of you have seen this on ebay. It's a complete strip and redo but what do you guys think a reasonable value is? It had a screen printed Penguin logo on the front and the seller said the numbers are stitched only...no glue. I know it's way overpriced for something that's completely incorrect.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=152016117560&alt=web

I don't understand his description. If it's a game issue, why is the customization so screwed up. What is the point of a COA with it? I've seen that jersey before, and I would never offer close to that price for it.

He's probably using the terms "game jersey" and "game issue" synonymously. COA is probably just for the signature.

He's probably using the terms "game jersey" and "game issue" synonymously. COA is probably just for the signature.

Thanks. At a quick glance, I didn't notice it was signed.

I have never seen Mario sign like that before in his early years he signed his full name , same seller has the two Hawks barber pole jerseys for 1000 and 750 they look fake

I have never posted here before. I am trying to determine what my 2003-2006 Reebok Authentic Mighty Ducks of Anaheim 3rd alternate jersey is worth. I bought it at a Ducks game in 2005, but never wore it. Blank/No Player. There's still a paper sticker on the tag. The neck and tail tag suggest Reebok 6100 Airknit.

Edited by Big_pajamas