What's It Worth?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say you're safe to value that Hasek at 250 US. I sold one at that a year ago. I bought the white blank for 50! Score.

And I do not believe the IIHF patch is supposed to be on the 98 Olympic when Hasek had Gretz and co. at his mercy. I stripped the patch for the 2002 Salt Lake which was priced where Dude says around the 200 US.

The font is correct like the picture Dude has up, and it looks like you just got yourself a free top dollar patch.

feb-1998-joe-nieuwendyk-of-canada-misses

Edited by JJM4

• 2 weeks later...

Value depends on condition and size. You're probably best off finding a blank and then getting it lettered. You can also, depending on the year, put on a patch of your own choosing, such as the "Believe VK&SM" or the 1997 or 1998 SCF. I can't believe how much some eBay sellers are asking for their lettered Yzerman Nike authentics.

Just as an example, I found a new with tags Nike road Wings for around $65 on eBay, and after adding lettering by Sportshaven, I don't think I would have spent over $125 or so for everything. Mine is a size 44; for larger sizes expect to pay a bit more. But still much better than paying $300-600 like some people are asking for an already lettered Yzerman.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I've been gone for a long time, but I'm sure some of you hooligans remember me. I'm mostly out of the jersey business now, though I've still got some stuff hanging around. I'm currently in the process of trying to sell two of my Yankees jerseys (up on eBay but if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll let them go at a lower price) and I'm tossing around the idea of moving two of my hockey jerseys if there's enough value in them to make it worth my time.

I've been out of the game so long that I don't have the slightest idea what a lot of my stuff is actually worth anymore, so I figured I'd ask here. Debating moving a Team Sweden Lundqvist and Team USA Callahan, both replicas from the 2010 Olympics and both in immaculate condition. Pictures are old, but the condition of both jersey is identical.

DSCN1312_zpsybnewqgq.jpg

DSCN0624_zpsxawoh21o.jpg

I'm totally fine with holding on to both of these if there isn't enough value to be worth it, but I'm heavy into concert photography now (and am actually waiting to find out if I'm getting in with Slipknot next week) and if I can fund a new lens by moving some of my rarer stuff, I'd consider it. So, what can I realistically expect to get if I wanted to move those?

Edited by DropkickMurphy8

Brought back a lot of memories of how you two used to get along, lol.

14 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

5 dollars

But for you? 3 dollars.

Will you be throwing in one Jew dime for old time's sake?

:lol::lol:

Blues CCM size 56, with Tony Twist's name and number, purchased around 1999, what would be a fair price?

http://m.imgur.com/a/NRXxN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recommendation #1 is wait 2-3 months. I've noticed that sales grind to a screeching halt in the off months. Once the season gets going, you might find it a bit easier. 

27 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

Hey guys, just wanted to see if you have any suggestions for selling these two jerseys:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201520331867

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201562583071

They've been listed for a while now and have a few watchers, but no bites. Thanks for any help!

Nice  a way to slip in a for sale thread  and not post as for sale 

28 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

Hey guys, just wanted to see if you have any suggestions for selling these two jerseys:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201520331867

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201562583071

They've been listed for a while now and have a few watchers, but no bites. Thanks for any help!

Lower your price. That's it. 

Thank you guys for the advice. To be honest, I wouldn't be too thrilled to buy a Ducks jersey right now either given how this offseason has played out. 

5 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Lower your price. That's it. 

Any suggestions for new asking prices? 

15 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

Thank you guys for the advice. To be honest, I wouldn't be too thrilled to buy a Ducks jersey right now either given how this offseason has played out. 

Your prices aren't unreasonable, mind you. But if you want it sold faster, lowering the price may accomplish that. 

27 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Nice  a way to slip in a for sale thread  and not post as for sale 

Oh yeah, ain't supposed to do that!!

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Your prices aren't unreasonable, mind you. But if you want it sold faster, lowering the price may accomplish that. 

Oh yeah, ain't supposed to do that!!

Oops! Sorry about the post. I just posted a formal sale thread as well. But thanks for all the help guys! I just didn't know if I was too far off price-wise. 

2 hours ago, Kincaid521 said:

what ever you want to sell them for if still high then they go back into your closet .

If you don't have an immediate need to sell them, list them for like $50 more than you're willing to part with them for, allow best offers, and do the list until it sells option.  Plan to take anything higher than your low-point and then just forget about them. They'll sell eventually. 

That's how I do it. Sold a bunch of stuff that way.