What's It Worth?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand new? $350-400 I'd guess? JB sells them for $300 blank. Add $60-75 for customization. Add a few bucks for it being team issued and you can see where I'm going with it...

37 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

Gonna resurrect this thread.

What do you guys think a Team Issued Ducks Stadium Series jersey customized with Getzlaf would be worth? I'm having trouble as it's not a game worn, but it's also better than a retail authentic. 

It's not necessarily "better" than a retail authentic, there are very few people who would pay a premium for a team issued blank over a retail authentic. I'm not sure it really affects the value at all. 

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

To give some comparison, Meigray typically sells GI jerseys for $250-300. 

That's not accurate either, it depends on the player. A game issued Getzlaf (if one existed) would be much higher. A Jagr Devils GI is $600.

Dont get me wrong, it's worth $250-300, but that's not the MeiGray price for a star's GI. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's not accurate either, it depends on the player. A game issued Getzlaf (if one existed) would be much higher. A Jagr Devils GI is $600.

Dont get me wrong, it's worth $250-300, but that's not the MeiGray price for a star's GI. 

Yeah, true. Wasn't thinking of a star. 

10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, true. Wasn't thinking of a star. 

Only with regard to Meigray's price. Totally agree that's what they are worth. Why pay $600 for a jersey Jagr never saw or touched when I can get a blank from JB for $200 and have EPS customize it for $90 including shipping back and forth? Because it has an extra piece of twill on the fight strap attachment?

8 hours ago, furiousd said:

I was surprised a while back when a potential buyer told me they weren't interested unless it was a team issue a la Meigray stock. So there's at least one person out there who puts a premium on that.

They're out there, more than a few are probably members in here. But generally speaking, your average fan and most collectors aren't impressed. 

What do you think this should realistically go for? http://www.ebay.com/itm/222411216528?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#viTabs_0

He originally listed it for $800 and I contacted him and notified him that game worn jersey for this era sell for less.  I offered him $350 but he says he paid more than that for it and said something about being in retail and needing to make a profit.  He than pulled the listed and put it back on for $600.  I still think that is as least $200 too much, but I just wanted to get other collectors opinion.  Plus, since I have been looking for a North Stars jersey for a while now - it will help me get an idea of what I should be paying for one when I can find it.

12 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

What do you think this should realistically go for? http://www.ebay.com/itm/222411216528?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#viTabs_0

He originally listed it for $800 and I contacted him and notified him that game worn jersey for this era sell for less.  I offered him $350 but he says he paid more than that for it and said something about being in retail and needing to make a profit.  He than pulled the listed and put it back on for $600.  I still think that is as least $200 too much, but I just wanted to get other collectors opinion.  Plus, since I have been looking for a North Stars jersey for a while now - it will help me get an idea of what I should be paying for one when I can find it.

I haven't got a clue, its not my area, but I would add that having a "Best Offer" implies he is certainly willing to take less. 

What is it worth to you ,is the question things like that jersey may not come around very often and if its one you really want then up the price . See what he does  

Only on my phone right now so I can't see full size pictures but I'm 99% sure that's North Stars jersey is a custom. Not an original CCM.

The CCM hem logo looks terrible and even if the logo is real it's the wrong style loop strap for the hem timeline. The collar is is off too and the way the different parts of the mesh are put together look different to me also.

Edited by QueenAnnesRevenge

Thanks - Queen Anne's Revenge! - Would you be able to post or send me pictures of your Stars jersey to compare?  I would have gotten myself into trouble with this one, because it looked good to me.

To everyone, I know the whole a jersey is worth how much you are willing to pay thing - but what would a proper Stars jersey from this time regularly sell for? 

I'll agree with everything said above, plus the JM patch looks like a repro, and the mesh holes in the jersey are too big.

Btw, there are some pretty good pictures on the Drop the Pucks site:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/Northstars.htm

Edited by LAK74

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It's not necessarily "better" than a retail authentic, there are very few people who would pay a premium for a team issued blank over a retail authentic. I'm not sure it really affects the value at all. 

Yeah I guess that's definitely true. So do you think asking for $350 is a bit much, or probably right in the wheelhouse? I think the only place I've ever seen it on the market would be with JB. 

14 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

Yeah I guess that's definitely true. So do you think asking for $350 is a bit much, or probably right in the wheelhouse? I think the only place I've ever seen it on the market would be with JB. 

Sure, put it up for 350.  Doesn't seem out of bounds to me if there aren't many SS out there.  It does seem like there are a lot of TI Ducks in general, though.  Did they make four sets and decide to only use three or something?

To add a comment to the TI topic, there can be value in knowing that the kit was done by the team's customizer.  Let's say it's a Kings.  I'd probably pay a little more for a GI/TI jersey just so I wouldn't have to do a one-off to Bobcat.  Plus, it's nice to get something completed versus another blank to add to the pile. 

$350 is roughly full value. I have not had a lot of luck selling jerseys at full value lately, but yours is a specialty jersey of the team star, so maybe.

• 1 year later...

Hi I'm really new to this. I have a CBJ jersey in a glass case. I have pictures. This was my brothers he's passed away so it's just been sitting in storage for years. I have no clue what it's worth or anything but I did have someone tell me it's a rear one.... can anyone maybe try to help me ? If you email me bobbilincoln91413@gmail.com I can send pictures. I tried on here but idk what I'm doing it won't let me.... please I need some help here lol

27 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

Hi I'm really new to this. I have a CBJ jersey in a glass case. I have pictures. This was my brothers he's passed away so it's just been sitting in storage for years. I have no clue what it's worth or anything but I did have someone tell me it's a rear one.... can anyone maybe try to help me ? If you email me bobbilincoln91413@gmail.com I can send pictures. I tried on here but idk what I'm doing it won't let me.... please I need some help here lol

There's a small file limit on here, so you're better off uploading pictures to a different place, like imgur, imgbb, or photobucket or something then sharing them here.