Customizing jerseys w/ old names

FlyersHockey1967

Just Sports at Westgate has more Michael Vick jerseys than you could imagine these days!

Wonder what they'll do with them now that practically no one wants them, except for burning?

The "issue" with new players on this past season's jerseys when they'll be using the new edge jerseys is another example, although I think a case could be made for it since they wear those types during the press conference and it's still an rbk.

I guess this hobby (profession for others) can be a real gift, and a curse. Now when you notice an inaccuracy you never saw before, it'll bug you every time you see it.

Wonder what they'll do with them now that practically no one wants them, except for burning?

The "issue" with new players on this past season's jerseys when they'll be using the new edge jerseys is another example, although I think a case could be made for it since they wear those types during the press conference and it's still an rbk.

I guess this hobby (profession for others) can be a real gift, and a curse. Now when you notice an inaccuracy you never saw before, it'll bug you every time you see it.

I let my new basset hound/lab puppy chew up an old Michael Vick card. I've been hearing animal shelters in Atlanta have been using them to clean cages in dog kennels.

I agree with you on the inaccuracy thing. I'm wanting badly to put my VK/SM patch on my Shanahan jersey, but its a Koho with the Koho on the neckline. I still may do it though.

I have a stray Stanley Cup 100th anniversary patch, but it's in French. I think the 93 Canadiens were the only team to wear it and it was for the 2nd half of the season. Anyway, finding a older Habs jersey which has CCM at the bottom has become very hard. Of course, when I wasn't looking for one, they were everywhere. My idea is to put it on my Vintage/3rd white replica jersey. The Canadiens have won it the most, so this one time, I may violate the rules, plus it would look good.

• 3 weeks later...
I've got a similar question, only backwards to Flyers problem. I have an authentic KOHO Canucks Alt that was worn from 2002-2006. It is the jersey that means the most to me, as my dad bought bought it when NHL.com was having an amazing sale where most authentics were like $50. Having got me Oilers 3rd and Thrashers 3rd for Christmas, my parents decided not to give me the Canucks jersey, as they werent able to get something for my brother of equal value. At the time my dad had cancer and told my mom to hang on to the jersey and give it to me at some other time. Four months later he died, and as I was getting ready to back to school after the funeral, my mom gave me the jersey, and told me the story.

Originally it had always been a plan to make it into a Naslund, maybe Linden jersey as those were two of my favorite on the team when they were my favorite team. Recently I've been leaning toward making it a Jozef Balej jersey, who only played 1 game for the Canucks (so far) and I don't beleive wore that alt jersey, but could be wrong (I cant find a picture of him from his one game). He is a former Winter Hawk and my dad used to take me to games when he played here, which is where the tie-in occurs. The only problem is Balej played for the Canucks in 2006, when they wore RBK jerseys, not KOHO. If this were a replica, I wouldn't be so hesitant to put his name on a KOHO jersey(I do it with CCM Dark jerseys and from 2005 on you have to use non RBK replicas), but since it is authentic, it seems like the tag should match the year more. I was gonna buy another version of the jersey so I could do both, but decided I need to draw the line somewhere. What do you guys think? Is it cool to put a player who wore an RBK jersey on a KOHO authentic?

balej wore the vintage jersey the game he played.

2vintagekes.jpg

there was a better pic somewhere but I can't find it right now.

Now THAT'S a Canucks fan!

I have a stray Stanley Cup 100th anniversary patch, but it's in French. I think the 93 Canadiens were the only team to wear it and it was for the 2nd half of the season. Anyway, finding a older Habs jersey which has CCM at the bottom has become very hard. Of course, when I wasn't looking for one, they were everywhere. My idea is to put it on my Vintage/3rd white replica jersey. The Canadiens have won it the most, so this one time, I may violate the rules, plus it would look good.

I actually seem to remember reading somewhere that the Nordiques and the Senators actually wore the French Cup patch too that year. That baby would look pretty sweet on a Quebec jersey if you could find one.

Dang, nice work sir. Thanks for the pic. I see that its Getty and I just checked and found that picture, which in all of the times I've searched his name, Ive never seen before. Good work! Looks like I might have to find a blue vintage jersey! Ironic too the only picture is of Balej celebrating with Kesler, who has #20, the one Jozef usually tries to wear.

Now THAT'S a Canucks fan!

I actually seem to remember reading somewhere that the Nordiques and the Senators actually wore the French Cup patch too that year. That baby would look pretty sweet on a Quebec jersey if you could find one.

Just the Canadiens and the Nords from Quebec wore the "Coupe Stanley" patch. The rest of the Canadian teams from English Canada wore the English version the rest of the league did.

2340903690100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

1992-93 was a busy year for the sewers in Montreal. They started the year with the All-Star game patch, changed to the French "Coupe Stanley" patch and then went to the Finals, wearing the one and only French Stanley Cup Finals patch in league history, winning the cup over the LA Kings (who wore and English version of the patch).

2020200540100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Did the English 1993 Stanley Cup Finals patch say 1992...Stanley Cup Championship...1993? The French one translates to 1893...Stanley Cup Centennial...1993. Or did the one the Kings wore say 1893...Stanley Cup Centennial...1993? I never took notice to that.

Did the English 1993 Stanley Cup Finals patch say 1992...Stanley Cup Championship...1993? The French one translates to 1893...Stanley Cup Centennial...1993. Or did the one the Kings wore say 1893...Stanley Cup Centennial...1993? I never took notice to that.

Here's the English version the Kings wore.

b8_1.JPG