Authentic NHL 75th patches

slimcutta

As previously discussed, I ordered 25 of these for myself, and they are indeed legit old stock.

FYI - I'm literally on my way out the door to head to a cottage for the weekend (sans reception), and just checked the mail, ran upstairs, and compared to the patches with a gamer, and they're good.

I can post pictures and/or answer questions when I get back on Sunday, otherwise, have at 'er.

Mr. James Sweeney

jts33@hotmail.com

Tell 'em Chris sent ya :)

Et bon weekend :D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even have a project lined up for one of these yet, but I'll grab a few just in case!

Anyone else get a reply saying he never had these patches?

Me neither, no response. And I emailed him like 10 minutes after slim made the thread.

Still hoping I can just get my hands on one of them.

Edited by JoeM7392

Apparently I'm the lucky one chosen to spread the bad news. Looks like it was just too good to be true.

From what I've heard (from this site obviously) the biggest difference is the stripes on the left side are "fuzzier" on the real deal and the repros are too clean looking. And I guess the outside edge of the five looks kinda blotchy on the real deal and again, the repro is too clean looking.

I guess you can lump me into the disappointment. I emailed him just after this thread was started, all I've heard is crickets.........

From what I've heard (from this site obviously) the biggest difference is the stripes on the left side are "fuzzier" on the real deal and the repros are too clean looking. And I guess the outside edge of the five looks kinda blotchy on the real deal and again, the repro is too clean looking.

This was posted in the Patch tread by LAK74 and is a good description:

1) On originals, the horizontal bands to the left of the 7 are raggedy-looking and look something like a seismographic printout, with borders that are fuzzy and not very distinct. The single lines at the far left are often crooked and not completely parallel to each other. On repros the bands are much more clean looking with sharper borders.

2) On the 7 and 5, the black borders are not clean in originals, and have spots which deviate away from the border- sort of like drawing a line with a black marker on white blotter paper. Some ink will bleed sideways so the border is not a sharp line. On repros the borders of the 7 and 5 are much sharper and cleaner-looking.

Nope.

I'm trying to buy one of these but can't because the seller hasn't put a shipping price to Canada. Maybe one of you yanks can buy a bunch and help us "America Jr." Guys out.

http://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/321986069461

Nope.

I'm trying to buy one of these but can't because the seller hasn't put a shipping price to Canada. Maybe one of you yanks can buy a bunch and help us "America Jr." Guys out.

http://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/321986069461

I would've helped out but it looks like I was too slow, all gone.