Authentic NHL 75th patches

slimcutta

Mine was shipped for $1.20 for 5 patches. No tracking. I have the envelope and label right here, he definitely stiffed everyone on shipping. He's not providing a number because there isn't one.

Edited by JoeM7392

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's BS. I never noticed until you guys brought it up. I'm not happy he charged me 4x what he paid to ship.

I'm happy I have them and they're legit which will prevent me from raising an issue, but that's not cool.

Edited by JoeM7392

Yea, I bought mine on eBay. He marked them shipped, but never uploaded a tracking number and it didn't have one on it when I got it. He absolutely is stiffing people.

I left him a 2 on shipping and handling charges. It's cool he has these, and it's cool he's selling them for a reasonable price, but there's no 2 ways about it, he's lying about the shipping charges and pocketing the money. He's dishonest about it, absolutely.

Same here. I only knew they were actually on the way when they showed up. Marking it as shipped on eBay means nothing with no tracking info.

Good way of handling customers. Anyways if he paid for shipping with what we paid him for, they would absolutely be to you by know and you and him would both know it because of the TRACKING.

Seems like this guy just cares about pocketing as much $$$ as possible, that's the only excuse for over charging on shipping not once, but at least three times between us here.

Edited by JoeM7392

Funny thing is, he told me how good his customer service is, while at the same time getting mad at me for not believing there was tracking info, after he failed to give it to me despite my requests.

He did mention a second time, though, that while some were sent without tracking info, mine does have tracking info even though I don't believe it.

Suffice to say I'm very annoyed at this point.

Edited by mfitz804

Quick, anybody with a return address, send him boxes of glitter and flaming bags of poo!

I'm eating a bag of glitter right now so I can kill two birds with one, um, stone?

Flaming glitter poo being discussed on a hockey jersey forum. What a world we live in.

Just heard back. $12-$15 shipping to Canada. Ya ok.

Seems relevant to post this again with all the talk of excessive shipping charges tonight. $12-$15 when it would cost a few bucks in stamps to send one patch to Canada in a plain envelope.

Seems relevant to post this again with all the talk of excessive shipping charges tonight. $12-$15 when it would cost a few bucks in stamps to send one patch to Canada in a plain envelope.

See that's where you have it all wrong, it's not $12-15 shipping. It's $3-5 shipping max and $9-10 of sweet additional profit.

Or that's what I would say to myself if I was on eBay ripping people off on shipping.

Edited by JoeM7392

$9.00 quoted shipping to Europe vs. $2.38 in stamps on the envelope. Oh well.

Got the patch, though, and it looks great!

Come on guys really? Before, these patches were really hard to find. Now there's enough to last the hobby for quite a while. I was shocked to see how cheap he was selling them. They are rare originals that are priced lower than repros. If he makes a couple extra bucks in shipping, who cares. Am I wrong?

The whole tracking thing is a bit deceiving and risky on his part. If he just throws a stamp on it or doesnt track it, it would be super easy to claim it wasn't recieved. As a seller, it's not worth the potential headaches, just track it.

That's the thing, if he was only trying to make additional money on shipping, I would have said nothing. But pretending that you have tracking information, telling me you tracked the item and there's a problem, when you know you didn't send it with tracking even though the amount of shipping that was paid was sufficient to cover tracking, that's just dishonest. I had no problem with the shipping charge. My problem is that he lied to me and insulted me.

That's the thing, if he was only trying to make additional money on shipping, I would have said nothing. But pretending that you have tracking information, telling me you tracked the item and there's a problem, when you know you didn't send it with tracking even though the amount of shipping that was paid was sufficient to cover tracking, that's just dishonest. I had no problem with the shipping charge. My problem is that he lied to me and insulted me.

Yup, agree with you there man. Totally shady.

Come on guys really? Before, these patches were really hard to find. Now there's enough to last the hobby for quite a while. I was shocked to see how cheap he was selling them. They are rare originals that are priced lower than repros. If he makes a couple extra bucks in shipping, who cares. Am I wrong?

The whole tracking thing is a bit deceiving and risky on his part. If he just throws a stamp on it or doesnt track it, it would be super easy to claim it wasn't recieved. As a seller, it's not worth the potential headaches, just track it.

See that's a very dangerous way of looking at it, in my opinion.

Him providing a rare patch at a good price does not entitle him to be dishonest and outright lie about the cost of shipping. There's no other way of saying that. He's lying, intentionally, and pocketing extra money.

If he listed it for $15 a patch with free shipping that would be one thing, but to deliberately overcharge people and lie about tracking existing? No way does that make it ok for him to "make a couple extra bucks in shipping."

All he has to do is be honest.

Funny thing is, he told me how good his customer service is, while at the same time getting mad at me for not believing there was tracking info, after he failed to give it to me despite my requests.

He did mention a second time, though, that while some were sent without tracking info, mine does have tracking info even though I don't believe it.

Suffice to say I'm very annoyed at this point.

My response would be simple... "If your customer service is so great, and mine was sent with tracking information, and you can track it, why are you so reluctant to give me the tracking number for my own package?"

My response would be simple... "If your customer service is so great, and mine was sent with tracking information, and you can track it, why are you so reluctant to give me the tracking number for my own package?"

I went with the less subtle "You're obviously a liar or you would have just given me the tracking information". I'm a New Yorker, were abrupt. :)

Tempted to post the whole back and forth here for everyone to enjoy, but I don't want to clog up the thread with nonsense.