That awesome feeling you get when you Photomatch!

khabbi

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Photomatching to creases is a little out there for me. In fact, the creases in that Seabrook posted above don't really look like matches to me.

Its way too subjective, even more so then trying to do it with a tiny black mark. And, of course, easier to fake. 

Agreed....but i am trying to sell this and havebeen searching high and low for a match and this is the best i got

That small hole is not what I saw unfortunately; that area of the sleeve is not visible in the picture.  Let me ask you this- if you look at the very bottom line of the 5 on the left sleeve and follow it to the left, about 1-1/2" before you hit the crease, is there a very faint stain there?  I think I see something, and it's in exactly the same spot in which I saw the dark smudge in the other picture.

I hope none of you guys pay people to clean your house; if so, I feel bad for them. 

"There were TWO particles of dust in the corner!!!"

12 hours ago, LAK74 said:

That small hole is not what I saw unfortunately; that area of the sleeve is not visible in the picture.  Let me ask you this- if you look at the very bottom line of the 5 on the left sleeve and follow it to the left, about 1-1/2" before you hit the crease, is there a very faint stain there?  I think I see something, and it's in exactly the same spot in which I saw the dark smudge in the other picture.

I am not seeing what you are seeing.

I do not notice any sort of stain...washed out or otherwise

Bummer, I was hoping otherwise.  Well, I tried! :)

22 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Photomatching to creases is a little out there for me. In fact, the creases in that Seabrook posted above don't really look like matches to me.

Its way too subjective, even more so then trying to do it with a tiny black mark. And, of course, easier to fake. 

Agreed.  Photomatching to creases is perilous at best.  These jerseys crease pretty easily and a big reach.  I have seen photo matches to tiny loose threads on jerseys and small bits of plastic flaking off of helmets, but I wouldn't call any crease a match.

27 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Agreed.  Photomatching to creases is perilous at best.  These jerseys crease pretty easily and a big reach.  I have seen photo matches to tiny loose threads on jerseys and small bits of plastic flaking off of helmets, but I wouldn't call any crease a match.

I would add that if there was a severe, deep crease in the crest, that might be something that could be matched to a picture. I'm talking about severe enough that you'd consider it as damage to the crest, not something that could just be panini pressed out. I think I remember one of Brodeur's jerseys having that type of crease in the crest one year, and it was easy to identify. 

But folds in the material? Not good enough in my opinion. Likely those are from the way it was folded or stored, and they probably do that the same way all the time. 

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I would add that if there was a severe, deep crease in the crest, that might be something that could be matched to a picture. I'm talking about severe enough that you'd consider it as damage to the crest, not something that could just be panini pressed out. I think I remember one of Brodeur's jerseys having that type of crease in the crest one year, and it was easy to identify. 

But folds in the material? Not good enough in my opinion. Likely those are from the way it was folded or stored, and they probably do that the same way all the time. 

I happen to have what I believe to be an example of that.

DSC00059.jpg

White%20Bourque%20Rookie%20photomatch%20