World Cup Of Hockey Jerseys

Hollywood Cannon

On multi-layer numbers, like North America sleeve #'s, is the perforated layer twill as well, and not mesh like on NBA jerseys?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is some great inside info, thanks!  I guess I was wrong about the kiss-cut NA sleeve numbers.  I got a pretty good look during a player interview and it looked like the red border was elevated above the black perforated layer, but it was just my imagination, I guess.

The ones I'm particularly concerned about (since I bought those jerseys) are Canada and Europe.  So for Europe, even their back numbers, which are two-toned, are actually single layer sublimated as well?

15 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Wow, that is some great inside info, thanks!  I guess I was wrong about the kiss-cut NA sleeve numbers.  I got a pretty good look during a player interview and it looked like the red border was elevated above the black perforated layer, but it was just my imagination, I guess.

The ones I'm particularly concerned about (since I bought those jerseys) are Canada and Europe.  So for Europe, even their back numbers, which are two-toned, are actually single layer sublimated as well?

That's funny.  Most people watch the interviews to listen to what the player has to say.  But, I can just see you getting up close to the screen (pausing and rewinding, pondering over it) just to find out what materials are used in the jersey he's wearing, haha :lol:

Sorry to ask this question again, but is the seller "hockey-authentic" on eBay legit? I asked some questions about their customization and it sounds like he knows what he is talking about. 

No offense taken! The only option for name and number was sublimated twill (with the air mesh sublimation look). Same as what was pre-customized by adidas at their facility. I believe the players are wearing twill with perforations but I can say for sure as they were not available to purchase. 

Thanks guys!

44 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That's funny.  Most people watch the interviews to listen to what the player has to say.  But, I can just see you getting up close to the screen (pausing and rewinding, pondering over it) just to find out what materials are used in the jersey he's wearing, haha :lol:

Actually you're absolutely right-  I don't even remember who the player was! :D

Well tbh I had to pay more attention to the jersey, because I was watching the game live through my phone app hooked up to the TV but I couldn't record it to replay it.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

That's correct.

Thank you!

That's crazy how the perforate the twill instead of just screen printing it on.  I wonder how high tech (or low tech) their method is to do it.

30 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

That's crazy how the perforate the twill instead of just screen printing it on.  I wonder how high tech (or low tech) their method is to do it.

I'd argue both are stupid, if they wanted mesh looking numbers, they should have used mesh. 

36 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I wonder how the perforations (assuming anyone can get them customized that way) will do in the wash.  That's a lot of unsewn edges to fray. 

Good point also.

5 hours ago, y2jdmbfan said:

Sorry to ask this question again, but is the seller "hockey-authentic" on eBay legit? I asked some questions about their customization and it sounds like he knows what he is talking about. 

No offense taken! The only option for name and number was sublimated twill (with the air mesh sublimation look). Same as what was pre-customized by adidas at their facility. I believe the players are wearing twill with perforations but I can say for sure as they were not available to purchase. 

Thanks guys!

The jerseys appear to be legit Premier jerseys, yes. Customization also appears to be what NHL.com is doing; screen printed holes. So it's not an authentic on-ice jersey nor is customization on-ice accurate. But it's not a Chinese knockoff if that's what you're asking. 

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Yup, I was thinking laser cut.  Cuts and seals the edges at same time.  Sublimated laser cut twill, very fancy.

Hmmm i was hoping to bust out a hole puncher and charging you suckers that wanted this perforated twill 10 bucks a character to do it.

There goes that business idea

11 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

The jerseys appear to be legit Premier jerseys, yes. Customization also appears to be what NHL.com is doing; screen printed holes. So it's not an authentic on-ice jersey nor is customization on-ice accurate. But it's not a Chinese knockoff if that's what you're asking. 

Thanks, I guess my conundrum is whether to get the version from shop.nhl.com without the captain "C" or to go with hockey-authentic's with the same lettering and numbering, stitched down and the captain "c".  

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Well technically Seguin played in the warm up games so he did actually wear the jersey

Yeah,  I'm going to cling to this because since Cory didn't shut out a team for 2 periods and Palmieri didn't score a bunch they won't see the ice for the rest of the tournament. 

But Tortorella will make sure plugs like Abdelkader play every game and wonder why Canada beats their asses when it counts.

2 hours ago, JoeM7392 said:

Yeah,  I'm going to cling to this because since Cory didn't shut out a team for 2 periods and Palmieri didn't score a bunch they won't see the ice for the rest of the tournament. 

But Tortorella will make sure plugs like Abdelkader play every game and wonder why Canada beats their asses when it counts.

Abdelkader , a good arab boy

3 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Those Fanatics gamer prices doe. 

Where are they listed?