World Cup Of Hockey Jerseys

Hollywood Cannon

17 minutes ago, joe2heatley said:

I saw the replicas in a store and thought the quality of the material was quite good. Obviously it will have the crappy plastic shoulder patch. Found them to run very true to size 

Thanks. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/14/2016 at 2:47 PM, Hollywood Cannon said:

They're auctioning off two sets of roads and one set of homes though so we'll see. 

Stupid question, but what is considered home for this tournament -- the white or the color version? 

Color is home.

Embarrassing is an understatement when describing the play of team USA.  As a Blackhawks fan, I am ok with the consolation prize of Kane going home early and unscathed. 

North America was so fun to watch. It was hard to decide what was more impressive, their speed or ability to gel as a team in such a small window of time. 

9 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Welp... definitely glad I didn't waste money on a USA jersey. Blatant greedy money grab or no, that was just embarrassing. Tortorella and Lombardi should be deported.

I'm thinking about returning my Kane Away premier to the Blackhawks store...Didn't even get a chance to wear it. 

The jerseys are still nice. If I only kept stuff when a team was successful my collection of recent devils stuff wouldn't exist.

Honestly with Tortorella as a coach, I'm really surprised anybody expected any different. The guy is a cancer, and USA hockey got exactly what it deserves for going with him.

1 hour ago, JoeM7392 said:

The jerseys are still nice. If I only kept stuff when a team was successful my collection of recent devils stuff wouldn't exist.

Honestly with Tortorella as a coach, I'm really surprised anybody expected any different. The guy is a cancer, and USA hockey got exactly what it deserves for going with him.

I feel really sorry for CBJ fans.  Did the disaster he had in Vancouver not teach anybody that he wasn't a good coach anymore?  I was also happy they failed miserably because that dumb Arse blow hard Burke was part of the management team.  

For what its worth, I inquired of EPS if they are doing the authentic style customization with the perforated twill, and they told me they are. 

In case anyone was curious. 

Now the question is, who will be the guinea pig who sends in his/her jersey to EPS first?

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

I feel really sorry for CBJ fans.  Did the disaster he had in Vancouver not teach anybody that he wasn't a good coach anymore?  I was also happy they failed miserably because that dumb Arse blow hard Burke was part of the management team.  

All it taught me was that if you put Tortorella in charge of a veteran team that's pathetically mentally soft, and combine that with a front office in denial about their need to rebuild, bad things will happen.

Vancouver's issues existed before he got there, and they're still there today.

17 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Fanatics' handling of these World Cup jerseys is a nightmare.

Absolutely.  With pricing all over the place, secretive clock and dagger process to getting info and prices for the jerseys, and different reps saying different things it is a crapshow.

I was thinking about bidding on a Palmieri gamer, but the following factors basically ended that chance:

1) Mutiple sets - 6 to be exact with player keeping 2

2) No tracking system/process

3) First Fanatics agent wanted $1500 for Palmieri home blue

4) Palmieri went for about $575 auction for a white road which was about $200 more than I wanted to pay

5) Second Fanatics agent after the auction wanted $750 for Palmieri.  Still way too much but feel bad if someone bought from the first agent.

6) Team USA shat the bed.  Why would I want a jersey from a tournament that every team USA fan wants to forget?  (trying to hide my Josefson Stadium Series Devils gamer)

One of the new minority owners of the Devils is the founder and owner of Fanatics.  I hope this is not a preview of what what might come for the Devils game worn program.

Edited by Devilsguy

I asked them if they had a size list and was told 'jerseys do not have size tags as they are custom for each player.' Granted the support people probably don't have much info but seemed like a crap answer to me. 

26 minutes ago, TheBZ said:

I asked them if they had a size list and was told 'jerseys do not have size tags as they are custom for each player.' Granted the support people probably don't have much info but seemed like a crap answer to me. 

Same answer I got .

Guys are sales people and they don't care along with Fanatics.  They just want to sell and make their commissions.

I put probably 5% of the blame on the reps. Fanatics sends them a list of jerseys and a few sentences of info and say "go sell these." 

If what I've heard today is true then Fanatics is going to get hell from me and other collectors as their was a material misrepresentation with the retail preordered jerseys.