World Cup Of Hockey Jerseys

Hollywood Cannon

16 hours ago, TheBZ said:

I asked them if they had a size list and was told 'jerseys do not have size tags as they are custom for each player.' Granted the support people probably don't have much info but seemed like a crap answer to me. 

100% not true. The size is on the neck tape, same as the authentic jerseys. What a bunch of morons.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NHL.com website and now its auction component (auctions.nhl.com) use Fanatics as the eCommerce engine behind their sites, so that is what the reference means. 

In the past, the NHL did not even own the inventory of products being sold on NHL.com, it was actually a company called GSI Commerce in suburban Philadelphia that owned the inventory and ran all the eCommerce for the site through s licensing agreement with the league, an arrangement it had with most of the pro sports leagues and several other fashion and brick and mortar retailers like Coach, Toys R Us, Ralph Lauren and more. That company was acquired by eBay and after the sale, the owner retained some licenses like the NHL and created Fanatics as the new brand/company to run the platform. 

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

I see , but what has the online retailer  Fanatics got to do with these game worn jerseys ?

Fanatics has an offset company known as Fanatics Authentic that handles memorabilia. They are the ones authenticating these jerseys and it's been a clusterfuck. Meigray no longer has anything to do with them. They also are selling game worn jerseys at retail. 

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

14 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Fanatics has an offset company known as Fanatics Authentic that handles memorabilia. They are the ones authenticating these jerseys and it's been a clusterfuck. Meigray no longer has anything to do with them. They also are selling game worn jerseys at retail. 

thanks for the info......holy sh!t, fanatics has really  eaten up the whole sport merchandise marked , both NBA and MLB shops are now the same as fanatics.

I guess the only big online merchandise shop not in cahoots with fanatics, is Dicks sporting goods !?

Edited by tomtucker

On 9/24/2016 at 0:17 PM, Hollywood Cannon said:

Meigray can still auction off of NHL Auctions.  They just don't have anything to auction off right now.

On 9/25/2016 at 3:02 AM, tomtucker said:

thanks for the info......holy sh!t, fanatics has really  eaten up the whole sport merchandise marked , both NBA and MLB shops are now the same as fanatics.

I guess the only big online merchandise shop not in cahoots with fanatics, is Dicks sporting goods !?

Fanatics has been running all 4 major league online shops for years.  Whenever you bought anything from NHL shop it came from a Fanatics distribution center.

Dicks uses Fanatics as well as the other major retailers such as SA (when they were still in business) and Modell's.  Their team shop section of their online stores have been from Fanatics for years.  That's also why for example in 2014 for the Stadium series, some retailers got some merchandise while others got other merchandise.  Fanatics makes sure they do not overlap.

On 9/24/2016 at 0:02 PM, SnakeOiler12 said:

The NHL.com website and now its auction component (auctions.nhl.com) use Fanatics as the eCommerce engine behind their sites, so that is what the reference means. 

In the past, the NHL did not even own the inventory of products being sold on NHL.com, it was actually a company called GSI Commerce in suburban Philadelphia that owned the inventory and ran all the eCommerce for the site through s licensing agreement with the league, an arrangement it had with most of the pro sports leagues and several other fashion and brick and mortar retailers like Coach, Toys R Us, Ralph Lauren and more. That company was acquired by eBay and after the sale, the owner retained some licenses like the NHL and created Fanatics as the new brand/company to run the platform. 

GSI is/was Fanatics.  GSI purchased Fanatics in 2011.

30 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Meigray can still auction off of NHL Auctions.  They just don't have anything to auction off right now.

I do not believe that it is a one time thing with Fanatics being chosen to handl these jerseys. They're now partners with the NHL and common sense says that Fanatics will be handling the specialty NHL events. 

49 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

I do not believe that it is a one time thing with Fanatics being chosen to handl these jerseys. They're now partners with the NHL and common sense says that Fanatics will be handling the specialty NHL events. 

I wouldn't be so sure.  There are other vendors on NHL auctions, so why hasn't Fanatics Authentics kicked them out yet?  I don't think Fanatics running the Auctions website will trump deals teams have with Meigray already.

On 26/9/2016 at 2:32 PM, Devilsguy said:

Fanatics has been running all 4 major league online shops for years.  Whenever you bought anything from NHL shop it came from a Fanatics distribution center.

Dicks uses Fanatics as well as the other major retailers such as SA (when they were still in business) and Modell's.  Their team shop section of their online stores have been from Fanatics for years.  That's also why for example in 2014 for the Stadium series, some retailers got some merchandise while others got other merchandise.  Fanatics makes sure they do not overlap.

aha.......never a good thing when one huge company sits on everything !

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/9/2016 at 2:32 PM, Devilsguy said:

I hope they don´t merge to become D!ck Fanatics !

Edited by tomtucker

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2016 at 5:27 AM, tomtucker said:

I hope they don´t merge to become D!ck Fanatics !

I kind of hope they do, is that wrong?

3 hours ago, tomtucker said:

You really want the mailman to come with a package for you....?.....that says D!ck Fanatics on it

;)

No, I want the mailman to come with a package for YOU that says D!ck Fanatics on it, and he'll give you a little wink as he hands it to you because he knows you guys are one and the same. 

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

D!cks. Fanatics. Package.

You guys are going to get this site flagged as po-rn :P

latest?cb=20110603125218

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

No, I want the mailman to come with a package for YOU that says D!ck Fanatics on it, and he'll give you a little wink as he hands it to you because he knows you guys are one and the same. 

You calling me a mailman ?

That is a pretty low blow. Don´t make me come over to you and take off my belt !

Edited by tomtucker

2 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

You calling me a mailman ?

That is a pretty low blow. Don´t make me come over to you and take off my belt !

Look he's dropping his pants just thinking about it. Knew he was a D!ck Fanatic!

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Not to interrupt this highly engaging go-round between you mature adults but I am curious about something. Has anyone noticed fake WCOH jerseys anywhere yet? I'm assuming they're floating around. 

Yup tons on eBay already 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/331989566370