Sign in to follow this  
mfitz804

Jersey Collector's Glossary

It's hard to narrow down to just one person.

You mean like the "Moore-on"?

(Guess who that one belongs to.)

The block button is my friend.

You mean like the "Moore-on"?
(Guess who that one belongs to.)

The block button is my friend.

I sent him a request, but he hasn't accepted yet. Maybe he blocked me.

Was it one of his many grails?

In regards to someone who posts in multiple groups, I don't mind it as he/she is just looking to get the most eyes on their item. There are still plenty of collectors who belong to only one or some of the groups.

No excuse on the constant bumping. That's someone that forums do better than FB.

Also not sure if this has been suggested but here is a new one:

Trader Joe (n) - someone who even though you explicitly state that you are not looking to trade will still ask if you want to trade. Often times they will have items you are clearly not interested in and will act offended or even put down your usually larger value item when you graciously decline their offer.

Bump.

[sorry, I was just demonstrating how to be an effective re-runner.]

The just sell it already: (noun) An awful jersey that keeps resurfacing in one seller's sales thread. You're almost tempted to buy it since you're tired of looking at that thing.

Applies to Mfitz :P

Applies to Mfitz :P

Nope, none of mine are awful.

Not sure if this is up there:

LOA Larry - (n) - a person who even if you provide multiple conclusive photo or video matches, still insists on an LOA or COA to feel comfortable enough to buy a game worn jersey or equipment from you. If no LOA or COA is present, then said potential buyer will often either lowball you due to the lack of "documentation" or in some cases accuse you of trying to sell a forgery.

Edited by Devilsguy

I have two nouns to describe my current state:

*Out of ammo- That moment when you realize you've sold all of your boring replicas and irrelevant gamers and you have nothing of value to sell or trade for something else that's fun.

*Cruel summer- That moment when you realize that you unless you want to drown in a puddle of your own sweat, you can't wear jerseys for another three months.

I have two nouns to describe my current state:

*Out of ammo- That moment when you realize you've sold all of your boring replicas and irrelevant gamers and you have nothing of value to sell or trade for something else that's fun.

*Cruel summer- That moment when you realize that you unless you want to drown in a puddle of your own sweat, you can't wear jerseys for another three months.

lol that Out of Ammo one is hitting close to home right now.

lol that Out of Ammo one is hitting close to home right now.

Yeah, I keep going to propose trades and I keep looking for the jerseys that I could get rid of without regret. I've managed to get rid of all of my low hanging fruit. Any trades that I do will end up costing me a jersey I really want.

Yeah, I keep going to propose trades and I keep looking for the jerseys that I could get rid of without regret. I've managed to get rid of all of my low hanging fruit. Any trades that I do will end up costing me a jersey I really want.

Yeah exactly where I am too. I do have a couple of jerseys I am looking to trade, but no takers yet. They are at least something I could sell down the line if I see something I really want, so not completely tapped out yet but getting pretty close.

There is also a jersey that I have that a buddy wants. It's a jersey that took me a while to get, so kind of not wanting to part with it. However, there is a part of me that might if the right return comes back, and it would have to include a jersey and not just $.

I'm not really a trader, but I went through my collection over the weekend looking for stuff to sell, and I found zero jerseys I was willing to part with at the present time.

Kind of the same thing, as I'd only be using the funds to buy more jerseys.

I'm not really a trader, but I went through my collection over the weekend looking for stuff to sell, and I found zero jerseys I was willing to part with at the present time.

Kind of the same thing, as I'd only be using the funds to buy more jerseys.

Same here, happy with what I have right now save for a couple I've had listed for a bit. Makes buying new stuff harder though when I have nothing going out.

The frustration that comes from seeing a bunch of good gamers available (i.e., the $99 gamers MeiGray has on eBay right) but knowing that you're over budget for the month (I CAN'T BUY ANYTHING FOR THREE WEEKS KILL ME NOW) and can't even take a chance on them.

Is that a separate term or does that fall under Larry Murphy's Law?

48 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

The frustration that comes from seeing a bunch of good gamers available (i.e., the $99 gamers MeiGray has on eBay right) but knowing that you're over budget for the month (I CAN'T BUY ANYTHING FOR THREE WEEKS KILL ME NOW) and can't even take a chance on them.

Is that a separate term or does that fall under Larry Murphy's Law?

I believe you are right, that is a total example of Larry Murphy's Law. 

Yup, that's exactly what I just did. My jerseys for sale would nearly cover most of the one really expensive one I just bought, so I'm all even. 

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Put something up for sale and immediately count it towards your jersey budget. Problem solved!*

*Note: I am not a financial adviser.

I would if I was willing to part ways with anything in my collection.

14 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I would if I was willing to part ways with anything in my collection.

I hear ya. I've sold a bunch lately, but now I'm down to just a few items I'm willing to move to keep the juice flowing.

Well, knowing some of the buyers on eBay, I could probably move a couple of my replicas and make at least $100. Sure, they aren't as valuable as their respective authentic counterparts, but I do have some rare-ish replicas and I could definitely increase the selling price if I was to sell off one of my customized replicas since EPS has done all of them.

The problem is - as I said - I'm just not willing to do that. I'm a buyer and a collector only. I'm not a seller at this time.

Edited by TheKevinShow

"Shuffling Up"

Offloading off sized, signed or oopsie buys so you can buy more jerseys. 

You just made some space selling undesirables, might as well fill said space with desireables...justified. 

"Phantom market"-- That large group of tirekickers and eBay watchers whose ubiquitous existence is enough to convince you that yes, you might actually find someone to buy your appropriately-priced jersey. 

Extra points for using ubiquitous in a sentence, one of my favorite SAT type words...