Sign in to follow this  
mfitz804

Jersey Collector's Glossary

When you pay more than anyone else would have paid because you NEEDED that jersey so you were wiling to pay a little extra. 

The Psycho Premium.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

When you pay more than anyone else would have paid because you NEEDED that jersey so you were wiling to pay a little extra. 

The Psycho Premium.

That's hit me a few times this year.

14 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

That's hit me a few times this year.

Its about to hit me as well, I believe. 

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The Psycho Premium.

Guilty. 

The sentimental anvil- A jersey that's either been gifted to you or you purchased to commemorate an event, yet you can't ever move it. This jersey is typically a blank authentic or a replica that was important at the moment but now gets pushed to the far back of your jersey closet. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

10 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

The sentimental anvil- A jersey that's either been gifted to you or you purchased to commemorate an event, yet you can't ever move it. This jersey is typically a blank authentic or a replica that was important at the moment but now gets pushed to the far back of your jersey closet. 

Got one I am trying to move right now and this is 100% truth.

10 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Got one I am trying to move right now and this is 100% truth.

I have about six or seven sentimental anvils from various sources. They're generally on the lower-end price-wise and moving them just isn't worth it. That said, if anyone's a fan of Czech great Petr Buzek, I have a wonderful Stars GI that I could sell you. 

I've got a definition but not the name for it: patches bought for jerseys that aren't in your possession yet in anticipation of possibly purchasing the jersey(s).

Premature Patchulation

6 hours ago, mharolde said:

Premature Patchulation

Well done. 

10 hours ago, mharolde said:

Premature Patchulation

And there we have it.

Any term for when you are all into winning a jersey in an auction only to have second thoughts at the last minute and not bid/win it?

43 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Any term for when you are all into winning a jersey in an auction only to have second thoughts at the last minute and not bid/win it?

Bullet dodging.

44 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Jersius Interruptus. 

Pulling out at the last minute. 

Edited by mfitz804

Funny part is I am somewhat regretting it.  However in the long run I think I made the right choice.

What's the term for a jersey that just won't sell, no matter how low you price it at? 

14 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

What's the term for a jersey that just won't sell, no matter how low you price it at? 

Flyers jersey

23 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

An anti-grail?

28 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Tax Write Off

Is there some sort of jersey karma term I can apply to the following situation?

Found a reasonably rare jersey on EBay I really liked it but wasn't in love as there are others on my list I deem more important to my collection (this one wasn't even on my list). Ultimately I didn't bid and drive the price up to comfortably over what it actually sold for thus allowing someone else to buy pretty well.

No more than 4 hours later stumbled across one I've been after for a while severely under priced. 

Jersey Karma pretty much sums it up..,

Time to re-boot my favorite thread with a new term:
Scorched earth- The moment when you realize you sold off all of the random jerseys from your collection to raise funds for other purchases and the only jerseys remaining are the ones you actually care about. 

11 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Time to re-boot my favorite thread with a new term:
Scorched earth- The moment when you realize you sold off all of the random jerseys from your collection to raise funds for other purchases and the only jerseys remaining are the ones you actually care about. 

Definitely did this a year ago with my jerseys. About to do the same with my equipment.