First Time EPS Questions

I think it was also TTS that told me they don't keep Edge material in stock because it's "more expensive than wedding dress material". 

Which reminds me, don't send your wedding dress there, the nameplate will never match. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

What was the wait from CSL?

They did a few of my jerseys and it was less than 2 weeks.

Just thinking - if they are the ones that do the Blackhawks team jerseys, wouldn't it be ideal to go to them?
Is EPS cheaper?  

CSL had my 2.0 Hawks and my brother's replica Hawks done and ready to ship within three weeks, and their base price for the 2.0 was the same $60 that EPS charges. They did charge the aforementioned extra $10 for the Edge nameplate.

I brought CSL 11 jerseys to do and they didn't charge anything extra, it was done in less than 2 weeks - maybe because it was a bulk order but I felt pretty good about getting stuff done by the hands that do the teams jerseys

I highly recommend them

• 1 month later...

Anyone ever been WAY overcharged on shipping from EPS?

I ordered a nameplate, and they still charged me the full $12 as if they were shipping a jersey.

Normally, with any other business, I'd say something, but frankly, Josh is always so rude that I don't feel like being berated over questioning him on $12 for something that should've cost $3 to ship.

I could see that happening, especially if it was sent by UPS, which is what EPS usually uses.  I don't know if they have any cheap options for small tracked packages like the USPS does.  Just this week I received a single twill letter in a small envelope from another customizer through UPS- the letter was $2 but the shipping was $13- the same price they charged me last year for shipping a whole jersey.  Not gonna complain though, I'm just glad they bothered to do the letter in the first place since they have a minimum order requirement that they ignored for me.

3 hours ago, dsl135 said:

I ordered a nameplate, and they still charged me the full $12 as if they were shipping a jersey.

They always charge that much for a nameplate, or so I have heard. They quoted me a return ship price of $12 for one once, I ended up not doing it. 

The time to say something, of course, is before they ship it. If they do use UPS, then it probably does cost around the same as a full jersey. Of course, a USPS Flat Rate envelope is $6.45 or something like that, but they may not be set up for shipping with USPS. 

Yea, they shipped it First Class USPS... so it was definitely only a couple dollars.

Well that kinda sucks.  I didn't think they even bothered with USPS, but since they did, it wouldn't have hurt to give you a break on the shipping.

46 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Yea, they shipped it First Class USPS... so it was definitely only a couple dollars.

Well that is completely messed up then. Even if they charged you $5 to cover their "labor" in shipping it...

EPS must be especially slow, they just sent me an invoice on an order that had two non-current jerseys and they finished them in 4 weeks. Personal record for me. 

2 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Wow, that's fast.  Makes me want to not wait for the sale.

I was not anticipating it at all, I'm amazed. I had another order I sent in not long after that, wondering if I'll be getting that one soon also. 

36 minutes ago, Committed said:

Perhaps you have reached VIP status?

If such a thing existed, I surely would gave by now. 

So I somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 to 6 jerseys to send.  5 are current very easy requests.  The last is a very old jersey they asked me to send the stripped numbers off of so they could try to match. They will also be matching old white ultrafil for a nameplate.

I imagine this one will take longer. Any thoughts on sending it seperate so it doesnt slow down the other 5? 

I think you'd be fine sending in the same box with two separate orders. Just gotta decide if it's worth the extra return shipping to you. From their site:

IF MULTIPLE ORDER FORMS ARE COMPLETED, EACH JERSEY WILL BE SHIPPED AS A SEPERATE ORDER. JERSEYS SENT IN MULTIPLE PACKAGES OR AT DIFFERENT TIMES CANNOT BE COMBINED BY EPS FOR RETURN SHIPPING. JERSEYS WILL BE RETURNED AS THEY WERE RECEIVED.

I'd say it depends on how much of a hurry you are in to get back the first 5 jerseys.  If you need them ASAP, it will probably run you another $15-20 to have the last jersey shipped separately as part of a different order.  But if you can wait the normal turnaround time for the whole order (say around 3 months, but I couldn't say for sure), then you may as well just send them together in the same order.

Add on top of what's been said that if you wait until the upcoming sale, you'll also save 20%. That does require more patience, of course. 

Also, what are the "easy requests", are they current NHL styles? The wait time for anything that is not current is typically 8-12 weeks anyway, which would be the same for the stripping of the other one. You might wind up sending separate orders, paying separate shipping both ways, and getting them at pretty much the same time anyway. 

On 3/17/2016 at 7:15 PM, PensFan77 said:

Just a heads up, Pro Knitwear in Pittsburgh does the game jerseys for the Penguins. Their turnaround time is generally very quick. I've never waited more than 2 weeks for anything. Exceptional work as well

I just bought the 2017 Authentic Stadium Series jersey I would like to have customized.  Is there any advice you could give about working with Pro Knitwear or do you just call or email them with what you're looking for?

Thanks

On 2/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, mfitz804 said:

EPS must be especially slow, they just sent me an invoice on an order that had two non-current jerseys and they finished them in 4 weeks. Personal record for me. 

Got an invoice on Thursday for a jersey that was delivered to them on 1/23. So that's 3 weeks and 3 days. Crazy fast. Guess all their team jerseys must be done for the season. 

I hope someone can help me as I didn't want to create a new post as I will be probably sending these to EPS when they have their sale.  But I am looking to get a early 90's Mesh Rangers and a mid 90's Red Wings Air Knit customized.  Have there been any changes to their font from then until now?  I know the Rangers now use a name plate where the letters were sewn direct to the jersey in the '90's, but has anything else changed?  I just need to know so I can let them know any differences that I need to make them aware of.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by spudrock512

With the Red Wings, I think you should be pretty safe accuracywise with EPS.  With the Rangers, I don't think it's so much a question of whether their font has changed over the years (it has), but rather whether EPS can accurately duplicate the older fonts.  When EPS does early-mid-90's Ranger jerseys, the letters tend to come out a bit wider and thicker than those on the game jerseys.  It's fairly subtle, but definitely noticeable.  And it's really difficult to exactly duplicate all those notches and gaps in the drop shadows of the numbers, but to be fair I think any customizer would be hard-pressed to get it right, now that even Cosby apparently won't do those anymore.

Watch out if your getting a name with a "Z" in it for the wings jersey.  It change slightly sometime in the mid 90's.  I think when Nike took over.

You're right; looks like it changed in 1997/98.