Sign in to follow this  
Forged in Steel

First Time EPS Questions

On 2/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, mfitz804 said:

EPS must be especially slow, they just sent me an invoice on an order that had two non-current jerseys and they finished them in 4 weeks. Personal record for me. 

Got an invoice on Thursday for a jersey that was delivered to them on 1/23. So that's 3 weeks and 3 days. Crazy fast. Guess all their team jerseys must be done for the season. 

I hope someone can help me as I didn't want to create a new post as I will be probably sending these to EPS when they have their sale.  But I am looking to get a early 90's Mesh Rangers and a mid 90's Red Wings Air Knit customized.  Have there been any changes to their font from then until now?  I know the Rangers now use a name plate where the letters were sewn direct to the jersey in the '90's, but has anything else changed?  I just need to know so I can let them know any differences that I need to make them aware of.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by spudrock512

With the Red Wings, I think you should be pretty safe accuracywise with EPS.  With the Rangers, I don't think it's so much a question of whether their font has changed over the years (it has), but rather whether EPS can accurately duplicate the older fonts.  When EPS does early-mid-90's Ranger jerseys, the letters tend to come out a bit wider and thicker than those on the game jerseys.  It's fairly subtle, but definitely noticeable.  And it's really difficult to exactly duplicate all those notches and gaps in the drop shadows of the numbers, but to be fair I think any customizer would be hard-pressed to get it right, now that even Cosby apparently won't do those anymore.

Watch out if your getting a name with a "Z" in it for the wings jersey.  It change slightly sometime in the mid 90's.  I think when Nike took over.

You're right; looks like it changed in 1997/98.

I was looking at the dates of Wings jerseys, and it looks like they wore Nike at that time, so I think I'm going to go with a 91-92 Lidstrom rookie year jersey. So, since there isn't a 'Z' in that name, should it be good? And for the Rangers, since I'm a Hawks fan, got to go with a 93-94 Larmer stanley cup finals jersey. With this year, will EPS still have trouble with this, and if places like Crosby can't do them correct, would it even matter? Again, thanks for all the help! I don't need 100% accurate, but close enough where it is not noticeable at first glance.

Edited by spudrock512

Maybe this might be of more help to you.  In each pair of photos, a gamer is shown first, and an EPS-lettered authentic below:

IMG_7489_zpsvt08syxc.jpgIMG_1103_zpsid17bxsa.jpg

IMG_1524_zpsugnqghz3.jpgIMG_0372_zpswlxsjfah.jpg

In the Wings example, the EPS letters look slightly wider, but I have seen some gamers where the letters look wider as well.  I think the width varied a bit depending on the season, and also the length of the name.

Latest order was 3 weeks 4 days. Unbelievable speed. 

Becoming obvious why there was no sale last year and they are anticipating one this year. 

Hey Guys - new to the thread here. I placed my first order with CSL and forget to tell them to used the Edge Nameplate. Called and asked to see if they could re-do it but they said they don't have it available. Does anyone know where I could find a blank Edge nameplate? 

38 minutes ago, ken said:

Hey Guys - new to the thread here. I placed my first order with CSL and forget to tell them to used the Edge Nameplate. Called and asked to see if they could re-do it but they said they don't have it available. Does anyone know where I could find a blank Edge nameplate? 

Contact JerseyBaron at sales@jerseybaron.com They don't sell them on eBay anymore, but they'll still sell them (just bought 2 myself last week).

33 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Contact JerseyBaron at sales@jerseybaron.com They don't sell them on eBay anymore, but they'll still sell them (just bought 2 myself last week).

Thanks!

Hit up Jersey Baron and said they no longer sell the blank nameplate. Would have to buy a jersey to get one... =/

9 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Did CSL tell you this was a permanent situation?  No more Edge nameplates?

No - not sure if they didn't want to redo my jersey or they dont really have any right now. They told me they use the unused plates they receive to do the teams' jerseys and sell them to the consumer. Currently, they don't have anything lying around per our conversation

Well that's a bummer.  Of any color plate for the Hawks, I'd be in the market for red, too. 

I just bought a jersey from JB but forgot to ask if he'd sell me a loose plate along with it.  I purchased several plates from him in the past but was also told recently that they're not being sold loose anymore. 

How big of one do you need?  I think I have a full one laying around, but I might need to use it in the future, but if it is for a Kane or Toews (as short name like that, I could help you out.

44 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

How big of one do you need?  I think I have a full one laying around, but I might need to use it in the future, but if it is for a Kane or Toews (as short name like that, I could help you out.

I wish I could make the same offer, but I may get a Hjalmarsson done.  That'll probably take the whole plate.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

It's for Toews - let me know. Happy to return the favor someway / some how

16 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I wish I could make the same offer, but I may get a Hjalmarsson done.  That'll probably take the whole plate.

No worries - totally understand

1 minute ago, ken said:

It's for Toews - let me know. Happy to return the favor someway / some how

I'll PM you when I get home.  Pretty sure it's an edge plate, but want to make sure.

1 minute ago, spudrock512 said:

I'll PM you when I get home.  Pretty sure it's an edge plate, but want to make sure.

Awesome! Thanks!

I got a call from CSL this morning to take the payment for my order. They said nothing about the nameplate. Here's hoping for the best. I got a 2014 SS jersey customized so maybe they had some black Edge plates available.

Given you guys are much more experienced with EPS. There should be no problems for them to customize a jersey in the following style, right? Looks like just a standard font to me.

c4trCK2.jpg

2 hours ago, Lumpjaw said:

Given you guys are much more experienced with EPS. There should be no problems for them to customize a jersey in the following style, right? Looks like just a standard font to me.

It's best if you give them pictures to go by, if you do I'm guessing they will get very close.

i had them do a couple FHL jerseys based on photos and measurements of a gamer and they came out amazing.