Oh no! My Customizer Effed Up My Jersey!

AlereFlammam

I see lots of people talking about errors by the customizer that they sent their jersey to. Makes sense to me to have a thread where we can catalogue our experiences and resolutions both positive and negative.

Obviously, I'll start as I've got an issue to share.

Sent in a new Blues away jersey to be customized by Liebe as a Pietrangelo. Liebe is the on ice customizer of the blues. I specifically asked for on ice lettering. They always do great work and they are extremely nice and polite people. One of the best to deal with.

I just received my jersey back, and they put the A in the wrong spot on the front

image_zpsxncrt7dd.jpeg

I've already stripped it off and there isn't too much damage to the jersey.

My challenge here is that if I send it back, I will most likely have to pay for shipping it there and back and duty charges (again...)

If they send me a new A at no charge, the one I took off has some damage to it, there isn't anyone who can sew it on properly in the Toronto area.

What do you fine folks think I should do? I want to be respectful with them and try and get them to fix it - as small as an error as it is. Ultimately I don't want to get blackballed from there.

There is

I see lots of people talking about errors by the customizer that they sent their jersey to. Makes sense to me to have a thread where we can catalogue our experiences and resolutions both positive and negative.

Obviously, I'll start as I've got an issue to share.

Sent in a new Blues away jersey to be customized by Liebe as a Pietrangelo. Liebe is the on ice customizer of the blues. I specifically asked for on ice lettering. They always do great work and they are extremely nice and polite people. One of the best to deal with.

I just received my jersey back, and they put the A in the wrong spot on the front

[url=http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/dattlesey/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxncrt7dd.jpeg.html]http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a597/dattlesey/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxncr

I've already stripped it off and there isn't too much damage to the jersey.

My challenge here is that if I send it back, I will most likely have to pay for shipping it there and back and duty charges (again...)

If they send me a new A at no charge, the one I took off has some damage to it, there isn't anyone who can sew it on properly in the Toronto area.

What do you fine folks think I should do? I want to be respectful with them and try and get them to fix it - as small as an error as it is. Ultimately I don't want to get blackballed from there.

There is Jersey Barons customiser who is doing a job for me now in the Toronto area. I'm sure he could get an A on!

That should not be difficult at all to resolve, as it's perfectly clear that they made the mistake. I would send them a picture of the jersey with the A in the wrong spot, and another picture of where the A is supposed to be stitched. Then I'd explain that to expedite the process, you have removed the A but there are now stitch holes in it, so you would respectfully ask them to provide you with a replacement one. I am quite sure there must be plenty of places in Toronto (the hockey capital of the world, right?) who could stitch it on for you. This way Liebe meets their obligation to you at almost no cost to them, and they wouldn't have to pay international shipping charges for an entire jersey either one way or both ways.

Edited by LAK74

Yeah, I sent out a jersey to a local shop and it came back with a major mistake on it.

17266919172_1bff961da5_z.jpg

They spelled pylon wrong

That should not be difficult at all to resolve, as it's perfectly clear that they made the mistake. I would send them a picture of the jersey with the A in the wrong spot, and another picture of where the A is supposed to be stitched. Then I'd explain that to expedite the process, you have removed the A but there are now stitch holes in it, so you would respectfully ask them to provide you with a replacement one. I am quite sure there must be plenty of places in Toronto (the hockey capital of the world, right?) who could stitch it on for you. This way Liebe meets their obligation to you at almost no cost to them, and they wouldn't have to pay international shipping charges for an entire jersey either one way or both ways.

I have to agree, it's not really possible that there isn't a shop in the Toronto area who could see that A on for you. I imagine LAK is right and they'd be happy to send you a new A rather than having to take the jersey back, etc. Seems like a slam dunk.

Smart reasonable responses?? I thought this was the Internet!!

I've emailed them exactly as LAK74 suggested. Should be a slam dunk.

Now I just need to find someone who can sew kiss cut letters properly.

SLC will complain that they didn't make the letter

Truman, while being a nice guy won't have it sewn properly

Cool Hockey - never used them but based on photos I've seen of their work probably won't go there

Maybe I'll give the new guys on the block a try - Canadian Hockey Sweaters

Edited by AlereFlammam

I recently received a 92 sens and nordiques back and found the sens with white on red layered numbers and the nordiques with an English cup patch even though I sent in the French patch. I've just want them back and might end up getting original patches out of the (or)deal I pray.

Now I just need to find someone who can sew kiss cut letters properly.

I would think that Liebe would already have the top gold layer stitched, so whoever stitches the A down for you just needs to stitch the black perimeter area, same as if it were layered. I'd make sure to ask Liebe to stitch down the gold area and leave the black area unstitched. It shouldn't be a big deal to match the gold stitch pattern.

I would think that Liebe would already have the top gold layer stitched, so whoever stitches the A down for you just needs to stitch the black perimeter area, same as if it were layered. I'd make sure to ask Liebe to stitch down the gold area and leave the black area unstitched. It shouldn't be a big deal to match the gold stitch pattern.

Right again. Dude knows his ish.

He was a good player for us. I think he struggled as he didn't have help on the blue line with him and was playing too many minutes.

Key point. Phaneuf does not have the mental capacity to play more than 15 minutes in one game

EPS messed up the #2 on my vintage airknit, and I've seen A LOT more of their stuff that has the same mistake. They fixed it for me, but it fits the theme here.

Messed up:

IMAG1762.jpg

Fixed:

IMAG2028.jpg

Edited by JoeM7392

Can someone help me clarify something.

Did the CCM ever use twil name plates on their on ice jerseys? A lot of CCM authentics for retail and were stitched by them during the 90s have twill name plates. Was that just because they cheapened out for the off ice stuff?

I can't really answer your question, but CCM themselves would have nothing to do with that. Each team would do their own thing, so one (or more, or none) may have used twill while the rest used whatever else they felt like using.

You'd have to be specific with teams and years and somebody should be able to help you figure out what they used. But yeah, twill is the cheap option that a lot of customizers use. You'll probably see a lot of jerseys with twill that shouldn't have it.

Edited by JoeM7392

Did the CCM ever use twil name plates on their on ice jerseys? A lot of CCM authentics for retail and were stitched by them during the 90s have twill name plates. Was that just because they cheapened out for the off ice stuff?

On retail jerseys, they definitely did. Whether the on ice jerseys had twill would depend on the team, and I don't know them all. But if you mention the team, someone here can help.

In terms of the Devils, the team I do know about, I don't think they ever did.

On retail jerseys, they definitely did. Whether the on ice jerseys had twill would depend on the team, and I don't know them all. But if you mention the team, someone here can help.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Update - Liebe is sending me a new A, with the gold layer prestitched.

Thanks guys!

Perfect. Did you figure out who is going to stitch your A to the jersey? Edited by mfitz804

If only someone would write a book about 80's and 90's jerseys we'd be set.

I think the Jets were the only team that used twill nameplates.

If only someone would write a book about 80's and 90's jerseys we'd be set.

I think the Jets were the only team that used twill nameplates.

http://thejerseybook.com/

;)

I think the Devils might have in their first year. I have to check on that though.

• 3 weeks later...