Phantoms 2012 out door classic jersey

cowboys

I am looking for any pics if any one has a game used /issued jersey I just purchased one (will get pics up soon ) and there was no meigray tag or phyla express tag

I am looking for any pics if any one has a game used /issued jersey I just purchased one (will get pics up soon ) and there was no meigray tag or phyla express tag

Looks like there was a Meigray Tag. PE didn't star putting tags in their jerseys until the 2012-13 season, IIRC.

http://www.thewantlist.ca/the-want-list/meigray-ahl-outdoor-classic-jersey-auction/

Iin see that I posted mine in the arrived thread it does have the sponsor patch and shows signs of ware if not only putting it on over equipment ,it's a back up jersey in pics he is shown on the ice after the overtime goal

IMG_0552_zpsmdddejun.jpg

IMG_0550_zpsqblmevfm.jpg

due to him backing up would they maybe not put it on the jersey ,if so were these ever sold as retail

It's a weird situation for sure. Because they would definitely put a tag in there even if he just backed up.

But these were never available for retail.

And I'm not sure that someone would take a blank team overstock that they somehow managed to get a hold of... customize it with the back-up who didn't play... and then get it signed by that guy.

Weird situation for sure.

I have a question in regards to the Phantoms outdoor game jerseys back in 2012 ,I purchased the back up goalie jersey but there was no meigray tag on the hem .Was all jerseys tagged and also did the phantoms or your self sell the authentic after

Contacted meigray and this was the response from Barry

Hi James,

We did not work with the Phantoms, or the AHL that season. We did not authenticate.

Sorry, Barry

Well, Barry is wrong... lol.

The link that was posted explicitly states that they were auctioned off by Meigray and you can clearly see the tag.

Maybe send him that link. See if it refreshes his memory: http://www.thewantlist.ca/the-want-list/meigray-ahl-outdoor-classic-jersey-auction/

Thanks I di email him the link ,I remember as there jerseys were coming down the same Time the Flyers first WC jerseys were ending ,I lost out on the Phantoms as I was in on a few .

response

Oops ... Sorry ... I totally forgot about that set and that auction.

Did you purchase the jersey in the auction?

We did not have anything to do with the authentics, and only authenticated one set.

Barry