CCM / Reebok Ultrafil & Air-Knit Authentic Blanks for Sale

***I wrote this last night, but got sleepy...just posting it now to clarify some things. Thanks for enduring my rants, people, but I do think there's value added if it offers some insight***

Chris,

I have a job, a family, obligations and things far greater than the icejerseys.com forum.

Right...just skirting the issue again, eh? I have a job, family, etc, so I can't give information about the jerseys I'm selling.

Regardless how much or how little time we spend on here, we all have jobs, families, etc.

You’re no better or more important than any other member here, so pull your head out of your arse, Casey.

I just didn't do it as quickly as you would have liked. I've never screwed anyone in this hobby or tried to.

No, this has nothing to do with your timeliness. You literally just didn't do it.

Stop trying to twist sheit around. I asked you to update the info, and you didn't, so I did.

And yeah, you're screwing people over right now, lol.

...rather than look for every opportunity to hawk an overpriced book...

I'm sorry to hear your bleeding heart story about your book venture. I really am.

Instead, you wanted to profit from a book. That's fine. Capitalism at its finest...well, not its finest given its poor performance, but you get the point.

It’s not a bleeding heart story, it’s just the facts. If you’re going to try and misrepresent things, I’m going to clarify for you.

And no, this wasn’t a venture for profit. I got quotes/estimates before I pulled the trigger, and I knew, especially in this digital age of ours, that it likely wouldn’t be a profitable venture. It wasn’t put together so that I could profit, but I guess that’s something you’ll never understand.

I’ve received a lot of great feedback and support, but I received an email from a fellow collector in particular who sent me a picture of his son (face removed for obvious reasons), and regardless of any other praise received elsewhere, his email has fully validated all the time and effort I put into making the book a reality.

He can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure his son isn’t buying and selling game worn jerseys, and I’m also sure he’s not scouring the internet to find out if a team wore Ultrafil or Air-Knit.

jerseybookkid_JPG-vi.jpg

The caption that accompanied the photo was –
“Dad, will you read this to me before bed?”

Instant gratification and validation. As a matter of fact, when all is said and done for this book, I don’t care if I lose in the end. I still remember the books I cherished as a kid, and the fact that my book might be that to someone else’s kid…well, it speaks for itself.

I have several great books on hockey jerseys that were actually worn in games sitting on my coffee table. If anyone wants to buy one just short of $11 US, you can find it here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1770851038/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1460698241&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=book+jerseys+hockey&dpPl=1&dpID=61jetgHJr+L&ref=plSrch

$11?

Again, trying to twist sheit eh, Casey?

Let’s clarify, shall we? I have the same book, and if you turn it over, you’ll see this in the bottom right corner:

fireflybookprice-vi.jpg

Firefly, $35, China

If/when I have the opportunity to sign with a major publisher like Firefly, print in China, get mass distribution, etc, my hope is to be able to offer any book that I write at the lowest price point possible. It would be great, and it’s what I hoped for when I originally solicited getting my book published in the first place.

But that didn’t happen, and unless it happens, I have to deal with ignorant mofos like you.

Again, Casey, instead of just talking bs, please put your money where your mouth is – go write a full color 757 picture, hard cover, glossy book, head to your local printers, and let’s see what you can do.

Otherwise, shut your mouth.

And as far as success or failure, I’ve moved 500 copies since September 2015. October and November were steady sales, and Xmas was crazy, more so since I’m doing this 100% on my own. I don’t really care about profit, but if I can move 1000 books by the time I hit this xmas, regardless of any gain or loss, I’d say that’s pretty darn good.

Again, let’s see what you can.

Is it normal for a moderator to call a forum member and customer of icejerseys.com a "diick?"

I know you’re too busy with more important things to know what’s normal or not around here, so I checked with icejerseys.com HR to confirm, and I was told that it’s certainly not normal, and that there are only two circumstances where it’s acceptable:

1 – when addressing someone who’s name is actually diick, ex – Diick Van Dyyke, Diick Cavett, etc.

or

2 – when the shoe fits

And since we’re on the topic of you being too busy to know what’s normal around here, and more importantly, getting back to the point of all this, it’s normal for members to disclose that a jersey has a major defect *BEFORE* trying to sell it.

Stop making excuses, stop deflecting to me or my book, and stop being such a Diick Van Dyyke already.

Follow the rules and post information about your jerseys.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James, with all due respect, I sent you plenty of photos of the Flyers jersey BEFORE you purchased it and you can CLEARLY see that it was stripped. This is a lot of revisionist history here. I know you're bff's with Chris and you're both on a rampage, but my goodness...I sent you front and back photos of the Flyers are it was OBVIOUS that it was stripped.

I bet putting it in your description would have made the stripping obvious. Instead, the only thing obvious was your intent to deceive potential buyers.

Chris,

I did update my original post. Go back and look. Again, I didn't do it in the timeframe that you wanted, but it's up there plain as day for all to see.

Tell me one person - ONE - who I've screwed over. I refunded your money as soon as you asked for it. I'll refund James as soon as I get the jersey and the free 1997 Stanley Cup patch back from him. He saw pictures of the jersey and it was OBVIOUS that it was stripped. He still purchased it. If he's not happy, no problem. I've offered him a full refund.

That's a cute story about the kid holding your book. Did you give the book to his dad for free?

Back in 2006, I was in Pittsburgh and hosted the Pittsburgh Hockey Game Worn Jersey Expo. There was a family in town from Lansing, Michigan with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and a day with Mario Lemieux. They came down to the show, but didn't come in that day. Later that night I saw them in the hotel shuttle. I asked them what they were in town for and they said they had gone to the game that night after skating with Mario that day. I knew that they didn't come into the show and Mario was this boys' favorite player. I asked if they wanted me to bring his game worn jerseys down that I owned. I let the boy try on the jerseys and get his picture taken with them. I also gave him a 1998-99 Jan Hrdina Home (white) game worn jersey that was worn in Gretzky's final game. I later received an e-mail from his mother about how much the family appreciated the gesture and that the boy cherished the jersey as much as he did he time with Mario

For years I've operated a FREE website with hundreds of photos of Penguins game worn jerseys covering far more than 10 years and 757 pictures. It's a site that I'm sure you've used yourself numerous times.

Why didn't you publish your book information for free? Why make a book and charge collectors for the information?

Let's see the phots then we can decide.

Yup. Not that he's responding to anyone who didn't buy a jersey.

Why didn't you publish your book information for free? Why make a book and charge collectors for the information?

Why don't all authors give their work away for free? Or just everyone in general, I'll make that argument when I go to buy lunch later.

Also, with the amount of money that I imagine Chris spent on collecting jerseys, I'm pretty sure the concept of "profit" is a relative term.

I asked for pics just to make sure it was a authentic flyers jersey and yes I did not look that close as again was not told if the stripping if I was informed I would have clicked and looked real close and would not if purshased the jersey

Am to get personal saying I am Chris bbf is way much of a stretch Chris has helped me and many others on this board .And I am happy he and other members directed me in looking at things much closer. and only when asked did you even minion anything on both jerseys.

James,

Why aren't you uploading the pictures? Because it's BEYOND obvious that there was a number on the jersey previously.

image1%201_zpsy5guaeqh.jpg

image2_zpstfuatcrp.jpg

Edited by PenguinsChronicles.com

Am to get personal saying I am Chris bbf is way much of a stretch Chris has helped me and many others on this board .And I am happy he and other members directed me in looking at things much closer. and only when asked did you even minion anything on both jerseys.

Agreed. The fact that those two are lovers has no relevance to this issue.

;)

Looking at that picture on my phone, I cannot tell that it was previously stripped. Nor would I have looked any closer, since the description did not say it had been stripped.

Edited by mfitz804

Go a head as I said I did not look that close and when I asked that's when you said it was stripped , I looked real close and I am sending it back do not try and turn this ship on me you did not say again anything about the jerseys

Why don't all authors give their work away for free? Or just everyone in general, I'll make that argument when I go to buy lunch later.

Also, with the amount of money that I imagine Chris spent on collecting jerseys, I'm pretty sure the concept of "profit" is a relative term.

I don't think all authors should give their work away for free. Far from it. I'm merely asking Chris why he didn't post his reference book for free on the Internet like I posted the hundreds of Penguins jersey photos that were on my site for all collectors to reference?

I'm sure Chris has spent a lot of money on replica authentics. What does that have to do with him charging for a book that isn't 100% accurate?

Who makes the decisions as to who gets banned here? Or is he just constructively banned because everyone hates him now?

meme5708244151_zps8ca3exdk.jpg

I don't think all authors should give their work away for free. Far from it. I'm merely asking Chris why he didn't post his reference book for free on the Internet like I posted the hundreds of Penguins jersey photos that were on my site for all collectors to reference?

I'm sure Chris has spent a lot of money on replica authentics. What does that have to do with him charging for a book that isn't 100% accurate?

1) "Replica Authentics" is not a phrase I have ever heard use in Jersey collecting, ever.

2) if he spent thousands and thousands of dollars on jerseys, so he could do the book, he is not going to make a profit. That's what it has to do with it.

3) tell me, where did you get all of these pictures on your website? Did you take them? If not, who's copyright are you violated?

I took the vast majority of them myself at shows and meeting with collectors over the years. Others were from collectors or dealers who were gracious enough to allow me to use them on the site.

It's just not worth it.

Apparently Casey will never understand.

Why didn't the HHOF just put their info on a website? And for that matter, why does anyone write a book?

If you know any other authors, unless they've got the next Harry Potter story idea in their back pocket, they're not in it for the money.

Writing books is not a lucrative avenue to making a living.

It should also be noted that I tried to offer this through Blub, CreateSpace, Lulu, and others, but they either didn't offer decent quality, or they couldn't provide the format. I had ZERO intention of filling my livingroom and dinning room with 1000 books.

What's worse, this was all about Casey not following the rules and deciding not to post pertinent information about his jerseys.

And instead it's turned into him trashing me and my book, which he hasn't even read.

Talk about judging a book by it's cover! ...which needs work, I know. It's my first book!!!

But I digress.

And really, this just isn't worth it.

Casey and his game worn replicas will always be more important than anyone else in this hobby. Lesson learned.

You continue to not answer the question, Chris. Why didn't you make your reference book material available on a free website?

The Hockey Hall of Fame puts TONS of free information and photos on their website. Check out the Legends Spotlight and Photo Galleries sections...they have TONS of jersey and game used photos.

www.hhof.com

Chris, I've updated the post and added the information. You continue to go on and on and on with this. It's clear that I sent photos of the jerseys including the ones to James that CLEARLY show the outline of a number 21.

Again, you have something against me and this is personal for you. I get it. I'm not going to lie down and let you walk all over me. If you want to criticize me for not posting on here correctly, that's fine. I don't post things for sale on here often. I refunded your money right away and will even refund James' money despite sending him photos and him having a chance to examine the photos BEFORE buying the jersey.

No one really cares about the trouble you went through to produce your book, yet you continue with the bleeding heart story.

Being completely fair, having looked at the back of the Flyers jersey on a larger screen, its pretty clear that there is residue from a previous strip. i could not see it on my phone, but I can on my desktop.

HOWEVER, that does not excuse the failure to include it in the description. When I sell a stripped jersey, even one that has been re-done with NO residual glue and NOBODY could tell it had been stripped, I still disclose that.

The only reason ANYONE mentioned the book is because Casey decided to bring it up, like its some kind of insult to Chris, because he has no legitimate excuse for selling a stripped jersey with a number outline on it that wasn't disclosed.

In any event, this is America, and if one wishes to publish a book for profit, they can. If they choose to give it away, they can.

(What? Chris is from...oh, right.)

;)

Also, directly from the IJ.com forum rules...

"What we really wish to stay away from is using this forum as a means to promote outside companies and their business activities. Everyone here knows how to use the Internet, and if they want to find a deal on jerseys, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to use google. If you found a great bargain somewhere out there in cyberland, then congratulations, take advantage of the deal, and relax and enjoy the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes with getting a bargain. You researched it, you deserve to benefit from it. If you feel you absolutely must pass on your excitement to someone else, because you are such a deft and talented deal seeker, then send a PM or two to those you know within the community. As for everyone else, they can find their own deals! The information is out there for those who really wish to find it, so for that reason we don't feel it is necessary to use the IceJerseys BB as a promotional vehicle for other companies. In addition, IceJerseys has many great sales and promotions throughout the year, so feel free to share that information within the community :thumbsup: . I am pretty sure you will get a warm and fuzzy feeling when you do!"

I'm fairly certain the Chris has used this site to promote his book. Chris, are you yourself not held to the same rules as the rest of the community?

These here pictures it is obvious that it has been stripped.

James,

Why aren't you uploading the pictures? Because it's BEYOND obvious that there was a number on the jersey previously.

image1%201_zpsy5guaeqh.jpg

image2_zpstfuatcrp.jpg

I'm not going to take sides in a discussion that has clearly gone way off point, but I did want to bring up that for a book that is so inaccurate, you sure made a big scene here a few months ago in (wrongfully) accusing Chris of stealing photos of yours to use in his book. I suppose that goes to show just how easy it is to overlook sometimes obvious details even when you have photos right in front of you.

I think everyone should just walk away from this. We're all here for one reason, and this isn't it. A lot of this is getting beyond personal, and I for one certainly don't like to see people in such a tight, small community fighting like this.

Let's just move on gents - save the animosity and energy for yelling at the TV screen during the playoffs. (Whoops - sorry Canada! Lol)

Edited by blurryhaze312

(Whoops - sorry Canada! Lol)

No reason to apologize to them, we can just return Justin Bieber as compensation.

20B9735C-BAAB-444B-BD23-67F0C3F2FFFA.png

Casey, in our PMs, I've been very polite with you, and I've tried repeatedly to extend the olive branch - go back to our history and read them for yourself.

Despite your inability to pull the stick out of your arse, this was not personal, until you made it personal.

And now you're posting questions, as if I owe you something.

Just to clear the record and appease your need to deflect to me again - I DID, in fact, check with IJ higher ups BEFORE I did any kind of book promotion.

But this isn't about me, some fake vendetta, or anything of the sort.

There's no bleeding heart - it's literally me just correcting you every time you mislead us...with your $11 books, your - did you give the book to him for free, and your - I've helped out starving children around the world, so I'm so great, bs.

I have no idea why you're so bitter about the book I wrote, but this is America, er...whatever...and yeah, we do all have the right to do publish what we will.

If you don't want to buy one, then don't. But if you haven't read it, and all you know is based on your false assumptions, then you're only showing all of us that you're one ignorant mofo.

The idea that you're judging me and my methods based on a book you haven't read, and background information you know nothing about, is laughable.

You're just mad that you got caught trying to pull one over on other members, and now you're trying to put me on trial to deflect, instead of taking accountability. And please don't respond again with - I'll refund anyone if they're not happy.

You shouldn't have to refund anyone in the first place.

The worst part about all of this - having met and collaborated with local guys for the Sens book, I was looking forward to potentially doing the same for other books, as well as '94-04 iteration of the first book.

I think it would be great to showcase your collection (the collectors of the hobby out there), and give you all the glory. I've had plenty of guys offer up their help/knowledge/service, and I'm looking forward to producing similar products and giving credit where credit is due.

I think this is a great hobby, and for the most part, an awesome community of great guys from all different backgrounds, from all over the world.

But I guess it takes all kinds, and clearly you're the bad apple that's spoiling the bunch.

It's just unfortunate that you can't pull your head out of your arse for one minute to recognize it.