It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

6 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

So, I paid my invoice at about 9:30am...and I had it in my hands at 4:45pm. Not too bad.

Talk about cheap. The crest and all the numbers are heat-pressed. Still, an Olympic jersey for $500.00 is a deal; no matter the player. It's even better when there's actually some NOTICEABLE wear on the front!

Do they have the tracking chips sewn behind the nameplates? My Canada gamer has one

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes! It's such a big goofy piece of plastic too. When I read 'microchip', I thought...you know...MICROCHIP. Not a mid-90's anti-theft ink tag from the mall. It had to be uncomfortable for them to wear that thing on their neck.

I considered the blue ones but I went with the white to honor the Russia game my friends and I had to go to a Rutgers dump bar at 7am on Saturday to watch. That was probably the drunkest I've ever been before 10am.

18 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I considered the blue ones but I went with the white to honor the Russia game my friends and I had to go to a Rutgers dump bar at 7am on Saturday to watch. That was probably the drunkest I've ever been before 10am.

Still setting personal records after this long? Impressive. 

I was watching the royal jerseys pretty close, but they all went for more than I was comfortable spending. Bummer. I do like them, even if they're heat pressed Swifts.

I was thinking about going after Welch's blue one to get a matching set but I decided against it at the end. One crappy-looking jersey from a lousy tournament is definitely enough for me. Besides, there's a few things in the gameworn auction that I'm looking at so I'd rather go for those...including something I've NEVER seen before.

14 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Yes! It's such a big goofy piece of plastic too. When I read 'microchip', I thought...you know...MICROCHIP. Not a mid-90's anti-theft ink tag from the mall. It had to be uncomfortable for them to wear that thing on their neck.

It’s pretty uncomfortable wearing on the couch too!

14 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Talk about cheap. The crest and all the numbers are heat-pressed. Still, an Olympic jersey for $500.00 is a deal; no matter the player. It's even better when there's actually some NOTICEABLE wear on the front!

What I find funny about that is that I bought one of the royal replicas at the USA Hockey store in Las Vegas during the Olympics and the USA crest and letters are sewn on. 

Nice looking Kings trio!

On 5/17/2018 at 4:08 PM, Brilliant! said:

Not too bad.Talk about cheap. The crest and all the numbers are heat-pressed. Still, an Olympic jersey for $500.00 is a deal; no matter the player.

It seems that all IIHF jerseys, except Canada, have gone that route. I just hope they don't end up going full sublimation to save costs. Does anyone know how long Nike has the IIHF for?

I'm finally getting around to posting some that I received and got customized:

1991-92 Ron Hextall Philadelphia Flyers Away Jersey Size 48

1991-92 Ron Hextall Philadelphia Flyers Away Jersey Front1991-92 Ron Hextall Philadelphia Flyers Away Jersey Back

1995-96 Paul Karyia Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Away Jersey Size 54

1994-95 Paul Karyia Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Away Jersey Front1994-95 Paul Karyia Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Away Jersey Back

1995-96 John Vanbiesbrouck Florida Panthers Away Stanley Cup Jersey Size 52

1995-96 John Vanbiesbrouck Florida Panthers Away Jersey Front1995-96 John Vanbiesbrouck Florida Panthers Away Jersey Back

1997-98 Shane Doan Phoenix Coyotes Home Jersey Size 54-R - Team Issued Made In Berlin, WI 

1997-98 Shane Doan Phoenix Coyotes Home Jersey Front1997-98 Shane Doan Phoenix Coyotes Home Jersey Back41321644705_88c48a1336_b.jpg

I might end up selling this Doan jersey, as I already have a KOHO Roenick Black Coyotes jersey. PM me if your interested.

5 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I'm finally getting around to posting some that I received and got customized:

1997-98 Shane Doan Phoenix Coyotes Home Jersey Size 54-R - Team Issued Made In Berlin, WI

What did you use for nameplate material? Every so often I look for a Katchina, Poo Bear, and Robo Pens Starter, but if they don't come with name plate material I never commit.

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

What did you use for nameplate material? Every so often I look for a Katchina, Poo Bear, and Robo Pens Starter, but if they don't come with name plate material I never commit.

I was able to find the proper "Star-Knit" Material for the jersey.  So, the nameplate matches the jersey.

The hardest stuff to find is the green Pro Player material. I searched for YEARS on that and could never find it. Hell, Keener couldn't even get it sublimated right. The only real option I had was to buy another pro jersey and cut it up. But that's ridiculous.

I used to hate the Panthers jerseys when they entered the league.  Now I find them to be amazing.  Nice haul

Not sure if I'd exactly call this a new pickup, but...

Was a Penguins practice jersey that I stripped. Had an Indo-zero Hawks jersey that I also stripped. Now...

DSCF6550-vi.jpg

Will be sending off to EPS or CSL to have the logos sewn on and probably done up as a Kane. If you're wondering why I went to all this trouble it was for a few reasons. 1. I've never seen a Hawks practice jersey in size 54 and that's the biggest size I can wear comfortably without pads (prefer 50). 2. Hawks practice jerseys that do come up seem to be few and far between and often go for $300+. 3. Got the Pens jersey for $75 and sold the crest/sponsorship patch for $35. The Indo Hawks only cost me $70 and I'm sure I can sell the stripped jersey for at least $30. Got the patch for free with a pair of Pro Stock Blackhawks gloves. Even after paying to have everything sewn, it'll only have cost me $125-150 out of pocket which I think is a pretty great price. 

Was a Penguins practice jersey that I stripped. Had an Indo-zero Hawks jersey that I also stripped. Now...

Will be sending off to EPS or CSL to have the logos sewn on and probably done up as a Kane. If you're wondering why I went to all this trouble it was for a few reasons. 1. I've never seen a Hawks practice jersey in size 54 and that's the biggest size I can wear comfortably without pads (prefer 50). 2. Hawks practice jerseys that do come up seem to be few and far between and often go for $300+. 3. Got the Pens jersey for $75 and sold the crest/sponsorship patch for $35. The Indo Hawks only cost me $70 and I'm sure I can sell the stripped jersey for at least $30. Got the patch for free with a pair of Pro Stock Blackhawks gloves. Even after paying to have everything sewn, it'll only have cost me $125-150 out of pocket which I think is a pretty great price. 

More math than I typically like in my IJ experience, but I'll allow it.

Clearly you went the correct route price-wise, and if you don't mind the trouble of stripping/re-selling stuff (I know I do not, its part of the hobby, and its time I can spend working on something I already spent money on rather than looking for more things to spend money on), it makes total sense. 

Not bad!

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Nice! Are the Indo crests the same as the Canadian ones? I've always wondered that...

Just picked up some jerseys from Blakes Sport lettering. Mostly just jerseys that needed patches.

Had the 99 patch put on.
27437214857_7740e62f2d_b.jpg
41404617445_f92144ab91_b.jpg

Put the Modano number retirement night patch on this one. Segs scored a hatty that night.
27437219727_20173a2884_b.jpg
41404622545_55efdb45bd_b.jpg

Bought this without the Canadian flag and Dallas stars patch so put those on. The dallas letters need to be green, but all well..
41404606515_a45de41666_b.jpg
41404601955_65be6696d5_b.jpg

Full Jamie Benn 2010 Texas Stars kit. Still need to track down a 10' Calder Cup patch for this one.
41404614875_59417af7f4_b.jpg
41404609225_6130b1986c_b.jpg

29 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

Nice! Are the Indo crests the same as the Canadian ones? I've always wondered that...

That I have no clue on. Haven't seen a MIC Adidas Blackhawks jersey and wouldn't think about stripping one if I had one. I can't recall seeing an authentic Blackhawks crest being sold on its own in over a decade so this was the only option I could think of. For me, it'll be close enough and I'm not that picky like some people that say indo/Canada Hawks crests are 'thinner' or 'less puffy'. They're close enough. 

32 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

That I have no clue on. Haven't seen a MIC Adidas Blackhawks jersey and wouldn't think about stripping one if I had one. I can't recall seeing an authentic Blackhawks crest being sold on its own in over a decade so this was the only option I could think of. For me, it'll be close enough and I'm not that picky like some people that say indo/Canada Hawks crests are 'thinner' or 'less puffy'. They're close enough. 

I was actually thinking about the Reebok Indo vs Reebok MIC. Are those the ones that people think are thinner or less puffy?

Nice pickups @BennGuin1491!

I might have to add a Benn Texas Stars to my list... good luck finding the Calder Cup Patch.

Hey everyone.  I just got my 2013-2014 MacKinnon Avalanche Home 2.0 back from Denver Athletic.

Overall they did an outstanding job:

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0712_zpsrosxa05h.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0719_zps6eazqz0f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

However, I have a slight concern.  See the bottom left corner of the nameplate compared to the bottom right corner?  The left point touches the blue, while the right point aligns perfectly with the burgundy and doesn't touch the blue below.  Now this may have something to do with the size of the jersey (46) but what do you all think?  Do you think it needs to be fixed to look the same on both sides?

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0720_zpsdgvhsmw0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0721_zpslxkyz0ec.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I also got my Eichel jersey back from Action Spot Sports today.  They've been the official customizer of both the Sabres and Sharks in recent years; they only do the Sharks now, though.  They did a great job on my Eichel.  I'll take some pictures when I can.  I'm going to send them another Sabres Home in the next week or two to do up as a Reinhart too.

Edited by shilenj