It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

19 hours ago, bobbyp6565 said:

2008-2009 Brad May Ducks road, Set 2 – purchased as a GI but jersey does have a few marks on it, so possibly worn in warm-ups before he was traded to Toronto -

I had that May. The funny thing is that it was up for auction through GameWorn twice - the first time they called it game worn, the second time they called it GI. 

My assumption based on the wear is that it was worn for at least one game - right before he got traded.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cferneyh said:

I had that May. The funny thing is that it was up for auction through GameWorn twice - the first time they called it game worn, the second time they called it GI. 

My assumption based on the wear is that it was worn for at least one game - right before he got traded.

Thanks - that was my thought as well. I've also gotten a couple other jerseys listed as GI that had wear. One had popped stitching down one side of the neck from a fight - still sold to me as a GI -

Eric Staal 2013/14 Carolina Hurricanes Media Tour-worn jersey.

This being the first jersey of their new style, which is kind of cool. Based on the different material nameplate, I'm pretty sure I've found a few images of Eric wearing it during the tour. It's a pretty simple, classy design, but I think they missed their mark by not including the Canes usual hurricane flag shoulder patch.

44488579864340-vi.jpg47488579867804-vi.jpg51488579871894-vi.jpg

57488580957392-vi.jpg55488580955811-vi.jpg

5 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Eric Staal 2013/14 Carolina Hurricanes Media Tour-worn jersey.

This being the first jersey of their new style, which is kind of cool. Based on the different material nameplate, I'm pretty sure I've found a few images of Eric wearing it during the tour. It's a pretty simple, classy design, but I think they missed their mark by not including the Canes usual hurricane flag shoulder patch.

Good to see that found a good home. Used to be mine!

I thought EPS did all those media day jerseys?  Weird they wouldn't have red edge material.

This thread has left me jersey-stoked during the off-season for weeks now. 

7 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

I thought EPS did all those media day jerseys?  Weird they wouldn't have red edge material.

I've never seen this type of material before. I have no idea what it is called. 

I could not let this BK pass. Runs a bit big for me (XL) and needs a good wash.

3B8vQIk.jpg

Edited by Silverback53

1983-1984 Chris “Knuckles” Nilan gameworn Canadiens road jersey, Playoff Set – lighter overall wear, some stick marks and pilling, ribbon fight strap -

6dMAlIv.jpg

U1X2fkx.jpg

2003-2004 Jim McKenzie gameworn Predators road jersey, Set 2 – some stick marks, fight damage to the front of the neck, shortened sleeves –

U3hR93D.jpg

10nDhDI.jpg

m7vQDsY.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

4 minutes ago, Pens4ever said:

Awesome!!! Definitely two undisputed heavyweight pickups. 

Thanks!

As promised this past weekend here is the Jay Pandolfo 2010 Retro Night GI that I picked up from Meigray last week.

27906329426_cd01ed0972_c.jpg

27906329326_c062363d09_c.jpg

7 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

As promised this past weekend here is the Jay Pandolfo 2010 Retro Night GI that I picked up from Meigray last week.

Now I'm excited for mine to be delivered tomorrow. Looks great!!

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Now I'm excited for mine to be delivered tomorrow. Looks great!!

Mine won't be here until next week, but I'm excited too.  Those are so #### sharp.

Dallas training camp Gemel Smith came in today.  I can't find a single mark on it that would indicate game use. It should be a pretty simple matter to make it into an Oduya.  

20160627_192210.jpg

20160627_192230.jpg

Crap. Just sold a jersey today, thinking about getting one of those Stars or one of those Devils..

Pictures never do the Devils retro's justice.  They are more striking in person.  Nice pickup.

Oh great... like I didn't want one of each of those enough!

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Pictures never do the Devils retro's justice.  They are more striking in person.  Nice pickup.

Thanks. And you're right. Its one of those jerseys that I take out of the box and then just stare at it for a while. 

Very happy to have added it. Thanks to he who brought them to my attention and those on this site who mentioned it and forced my hand!!