It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

I'm kind of surprised they aren't selling faster. Any of them that are sub-$300 should be gone, particularly three Andy Greenes for $295 a piece? That's a bargain. Zach Parise for $295? Maybe a Devils fan wouldn't go that way but I'm surprised those are still around too. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly think that Greene's at $295 is a little high.  They should be $250 at most.  I guess it is because he is still on the team.

8 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I honestly think that Greene's at $295 is a little high.  They should be $250 at most.  I guess it is because he is still on the team.

I would have to disagree, given that he is not only still on the team, but was the captain last year. I don't think anyone interested in them would buy at $250 and not at $295. $45 in the scheme of things is nothing, especially where your only other option is to pay $325 from Jersey Baron and $95 for customizing and shipping both ways to EPS. And waiting 4 months.  

Of course, all of this is mitigated by the fact that they are only Game Issued, and I still fail to see how they have any added value over an EPS customized authentic. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would have to disagree, given that he is not only still on the team, but was the captain last year. I don't think anyone interested in them would buy at $250 and not at $295. $45 in the scheme of things is nothing, especially where your only other option is to pay $325 from Jersey Baron and $95 for customizing and shipping both ways to EPS. And waiting 4 months.  

Of course, all of this is mitigated by the fact that they are only Game Issued, and I still fail to see how they have any added value over an EPS customized authentic. 

I never valu GI's over customized authentics.  To me they are the same thing.  That's why I really don't collect them unless the prices as good.  GI's in the 2016 Devils retro auction started at over $300.

In the grand scheme of things the $295 price is good for the Greene, but comparing it to the others it is a little out of whack when Rolston was I believe $195, and Parise (who was also captain) was also $295.  I would put Greene on the same level as Zajac and he was $250.

Man those Devils Retros sure are nice!  I might have to pick up one myself.  Niedermayer, Martin, or Zubrus?  For the steal of price hard not to resist picking up all 3! Choices.

16 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Pretty excited to land one of these vintage series Rangers jerseys. Size 52.

Those Vintage Rangers jerseys are great. I have one of each, and I love them. They always get compliments at games.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

I never valu GI's over customized authentics.  To me they are the same thing.  That's why I really don't collect them unless the prices as good.  GI's in the 2016 Devils retro auction started at over $300.

In the grand scheme of things the $295 price is good for the Greene, but comparing it to the others it is a little out of whack when Rolston was I believe $195, and Parise (who was also captain) was also $295.  I would put Greene on the same level as Zajac and he was $250.

Sometimes I think you just like to argue, my friend. :)

And I agree, I usually don't collect GIs at all, my Colin White Retro is currently the only one I own, with the exception of a couple I have stripped because it was cheaper than the JB price. 

3 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Buy a Zubrus.  You too, mfitz! 

Do. Not. Need. Must. Resist. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

But buying feels so gooooood... 

You Devils guys complain about the lack of variety in their unis, but both the red/green and the red/black color schemes are pretty dang solid.  You sure could do a whole lot worse. 

Just now, furiousd said:

You Devils guys complain about the lack of variety in their unis, but both the red/green and the red/black color schemes are pretty dang solid.  You sure could do a whole lot worse. 

Its totally true. Honestly I'm probably better off, because the more styles they had, the more I'd have to buy. But I would still like a kick Arse 3rd jersey. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sometimes I think you just like to argue, my friend. :)

And I agree, I usually don't collect GIs at all, my Colin White Retro is currently the only one I own, with the exception of a couple I have stripped because it was cheaper than the JB price. 

I've gotten Andy Greene gamers for $300 (and less).  That's why I think the price for the GI is a little much and not trying to argue.

5 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Agreed about the Devils uniforms.  I think they are pretty snazzy and the retro colors look really nice on the Edge template.  It's one of the few things I think Lou did right for all of his years in NJ where he resisted adding a 3rd jersey.

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Its totally true. Honestly I'm probably better off, because the more styles they had, the more I'd have to buy. But I would still like a kick Arse 3rd jersey. 

17 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Agreed about the Devils uniforms.  I think they are pretty snazzy and the retro colors look really nice on the Edge template.  It's one of the few things I think Lou did right for all of his years in NJ where he resisted adding a 3rd jersey.

Yeah, you gotta be careful what you wish for.  As much as I like the Blackhawks uniforms, it bugs me a little that they switched 3rds a few years back, then only wore the WC design a couple seasons.  I don't remember why they killed the 3rds but I'd have a hard time believing they weren't managing via the merch sales. 

And on the one-offs, they need a break.  I wonder what the fact that places like IJ blew out their stock of SS jerseys 5 months later will mean for orders for this year's WC. 

35 minutes ago, furiousd said:

And on the one-offs, they need a break.  

I agree, enough is enough. First Blackhawks WC was awesome, 2nd was OK, both SS jerseys were horrible. 

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

I've gotten Andy Greene gamers for $300 (and less).  That's why I think the price for the GI is a little much and not trying to argue.

Not from Meigray you didn't!!!

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not from Meigray you didn't!!!

Wanna bet?;)

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Wanna bet?;)

Not at MeiGray's full price you didn't!!!

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not at MeiGray's full price you didn't!!!

True, but it wasn't during a sale either lol

Just now, Devilsguy said:

True, but it wasn't during a sale either lol

Oh so they lowered the price because you kept stalking their office...

:)

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Oh so they lowered the price because you kept stalking their office...

:)

They needed a reason to get rid of me.  Worked out to my favor.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

They needed a reason to get rid of me.  Worked out to my favor.

Whatever it takes, my man. As long as they didn't slip a restraining order in the folder with the LOA, you're all good. 

Edited by mfitz804

He made them an offer they couldn't refuse ;)

Edited by amonte78

7 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

He made them an offer they couldn't refuse ;)

That's how we do in the NY/NJ area...

EDIT: on a side note, I expanded my want list and looking at it on the page, is my signature annoyingly large now?

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

It's not the signature that's annoying... 

;) Doesn't bother me any on my PC, and sigs don't display on my phone.

I already know I'm annoying in general...