Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I was all set to use EPS because I knew I could pay them to clean up the glue residue, which obviously is not necessary. 

My gut tells me to stick with EPS, though of course I do want accuracy. I'm still contemplating. 

Having contacted EPS, I have learned they are aware of the different number size being used by PX and they say they can replicate it, for what its worth. 

 

59 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Wow, that's really interesting seeing those inconsistencies. I know that PX is WAY busier than they used to be as they have so many contracts now with local teams, NHL, NFL, etc. That doesn't excuse the quality control, but I hope that won't be an issue moving forward just due to their busy schedule.

Devilsguy and I have been discussing the possibility that this jersey may have been used in some fashion briefly, perhaps giving rise to a popped seal on the nameplate. Other than that, there's no evidence of game use, but as we all so on his Boyle gamer, with 6 goals on it, that thing is as clean as a brand new jersey also. So anything is possible.

Except me keeping it as a Prout jersey, that wasn't possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I completed the strip and its the cleanest one I have ever done. No glue residue, the sleeve numbers fell right off and the back number needed minimal pulling. I have no issues going with whatever name and number I want, and I think that means #13. 

For completeness sake, I ran the jersey through the wash and, while still wet, hit it with a scalding hot iron through a cotton pillowcase. This eliminated all outlines and it looks like a brand new blank. I’ve probably stripped 15-20 jerseys and this is the only one that ever had zero evidence of prior customization without requiring glue removal. Pretty psyched about that.

It will now be a Hischier without question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird how some of the GW Adidas jerseys are exhibiting crazy wear and others are not. What’s up with that?

Edited by jsh139

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

For completeness sake, I ran the jersey through the wash and, while still wet, hit it with a scalding hot iron through a cotton pillowcase. This eliminated all outlines and it looks like a brand new blank. I’ve probably stripped 15-20 jerseys and this is the only one that ever had zero evidence of prior customization without requiring glue removal. Pretty psyched about that.

It will now be a Hischier without question. 

Do you have a pic of it completed? I did the strip on my Adidas and it looked good from straight on, but when looking from the side, I could still see a slight outline. I steamed it with a hand held steamer after I took it out of the wash ( I don’t have an actual iron ). Do you think the iron would make it come out even better? I dropped it off for customization today, and the guy said that when the heat press hits it when putting on the new kit, the rest may come off....here’s hoping so. Here is the final pic I had of mine.

 

Adidas MIC Canucks Home Jersey

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that it’s dried, I still see a slight outline that I didn’t see when it was wet. I feel like EPS would be able to press it out, like your guy David with the heat press, but I may elect to go #8 Butcher to better cover the #5. 

Tried to get a picture of it but the outline wouldn’t show no matter what I did. 

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Now that it’s dried, I still see a slight outline that I didn’t see when it was wet. I feel like EPS would be able to press it out, like your guy David with the heat press, but I may elect to go #8 Butcher to better cover the #5. 

Tried to get a picture of it but the outline wouldn’t show no matter what I did. 

I’m sure it looks good. Mine looks good. Maybe perfection was an unrealistic expectation. I should have mine back in a couple days. I’ll post it up once I have it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KB67 said:

I’m sure it looks good. Mine looks good. Maybe perfection was an unrealistic expectation. I should have mine back in a couple days. I’ll post it up once I have it back.

Mine is still much better than stuff I’ve sent to EPS that came back in perfect condition. I’m 99.9% sure they will press it out. I was deciding between #8 and #13, maybe it makes sense to go with #8 this time. I may give it another try with the iron to double check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these non-leafs gamers make me want to strangle Lou...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

All these non-leafs gamers make me want to strangle Lou...

Once the dynasty has built, and KD has taken over

 

vlcsnap-00282.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

All these non-leafs gamers make me want to strangle Lou...

Yup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

All these non-leafs gamers make me want to strangle Lou...

f5326ced36.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, you guys have to change his diapers now. No longer our problem!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rockford Icehogs GW charity practice jersey. I stripped the nameplate and crest to use it as a practice jersey myself since I wear number 9. The crest was not the Icehogs, but some weird .com logo

DSCF2135-vi.jpg

You can still see a faint outline of the crest and nameplate, but I think once the jersey goes through the wash both will come out

DSCF2139-vi.jpg

 

GW MN Wild practice jersey. I gotta say, I love the 3.0 style. I do wish I could find one in a size 54 though. I heard some guy tailor his so I might do that along the sides and bottom. Team repair on the right elbow, small piece of residue from the crest that I haven't been able to get rid of

DSCF2142-vi.jpg

DSCF2144-vi.jpg

 

Edited by mdwsta4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up an ECHL gamer from a Meigray eBay auction and I am having a senior moment. When did Meigray start to use USPS? Or did I just pick the wrong week to stop sniffing glue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I picked up an ECHL gamer from a Meigray eBay auction and I am having a senior moment. When did Meigray start to use USPS? Or did I just pick the wrong week to stop sniffing glue? 

I received a jersey from them yesterday, via UPS. Perhaps they use the cheaper of the two depending on location?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that's odd.  They've always shipped UPS to me.  But, their eBay department might be different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah that's odd.  They've always shipped UPS to me.  But, their eBay department might be different?

I just ordered one from eBay today, so I will advise when I get a shipping notification/when it arrives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mfitz804 said:

I just ordered one from eBay today, so I will advise when I get a shipping notification/when it arrives. 

I've only bought one jersey from them on eBay and it shipped UPS.  So I'd be curious to see how it ships for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I've only bought one jersey from them on eBay and it shipped UPS.  So I'd be curious to see how it ships for you.

They're notoriously fast with shipping to me, but also notoriously bad at providing tracking info. If they used UPS, I should have it tomorrow. I'm guessing, though, USPS would probably only take a day as well. 

Devilsguy, peek in the window and see if they shipped my jersey yet!!

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike 90 percent of the members of this forum, I am not in the Tri-State area, so perhaps it's more cost effective to get out it to me via UPS. I noticed the tracking number was a UPS when they shipped last week. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Unlike 90 percent of the members of this forum, I am not in the Tri-State area, so perhaps it's more cost effective to get out it to me via UPS. I noticed the tracking number was a UPS when they shipped last week. 

I have shipped some things via USPS recently and been surprised how expensive they are, mostly west of the Mississippi. Same thing shipped to New Jersey costs less than half the price. Crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mfitz804 said:

I have shipped some things via USPS recently and been surprised how expensive they are, mostly west of the Mississippi. Same thing shipped to New Jersey costs less than half the price. Crazy. 

You don't ship flat rate priority every time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

You don't ship flat rate priority every time?

Absolutely not. Flat rate medium box is $13.60. Most of what I sell are Devils jerseys or Devils related so they stay in the tri-state area. I can ship a single jersey by weight for around $7.80, sometimes even less if I use the "Regional Rate" box, depending on location. 

I only use flat rate when the "by weight" price is more. Shipping 1-2 jerseys, and most of them being on the Eastern seaboard, it typically isn't. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 0:24 PM, mfitz804 said:

I was all set to use EPS because I knew I could pay them to clean up the glue residue, which obviously is not necessary. 

My gut tells me to stick with EPS, though of course I do want accuracy. I'm still contemplating. 

Is PX now doing the customization for the Devils? Is that new for 17/18?

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, artificialintuition said:

Is PX now doing the customization for the Devils? Is that new for 17/18?

Thank you.

  Yes and yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now