It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

1st jersey in 7 months:

Toronto Maple Leafs Mark Fraser 12/13 GI. Sold as a GI without a certificate, gonna check Getty to be sure ;)

20160707_185944_zpsm9p9lhuy.jpg

20160707_190019_zpsblre7lfn.jpg

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the Fisherman Jersey that I bought arrived today.

CA4E65CE-B075-4297-8AAD-D531309962D9_zps

I am going to need some help from the community - So I know that when these jersey first came out that there were complaints about the logo being too big and stiff.  This one measures 16" across at its largest point.  A few Questions: Is this the original first style that they used and does anyone know when the switched to the small crest version?  I am still thinking about a Palffy jersey, but, or course, he changed numbers midway through the season (from $68 to #16) the first year these were used.  I just want to make sure that I get the correct number for the correct crest on the jersey.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

being too big and stiff.

That's what she said. 

2 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Nice!!!  You sound like my wife!

Then your wife also has the sense of humor of a 12 year old, as I do. 

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I agree based on those pics. It does look like the smaller one from 96-97. 

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

I just want to make sure that I get the correct number for the correct crest on the jersey.

I may be in disagreement with the others here, but it's my impression that Spudrock's jersey might be the earlier large crest version.  That jersey looks huge, around a 58 or even a 60.  The larger crest might look small on a jersey that size  when compared to the King jerseys, which are 54's.  If you extrapolate the size of the 1995/96 King gamer's crest based on a 27" jersey width, it turns out close to 16", which is the same as Spudrock's.  So I would guess that he might have the older 95/96 version.

16 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I may be in disagreement with the others here, but it's my impression that Spudrock's jersey might be the earlier large crest version.  That jersey looks huge, around a 58 or even a 60.  The larger crest might look small on a jersey that size  when compared to the King jerseys, which are 54's.  If you extrapolate the size of the 1995/96 King gamer's crest based on a 27" jersey width, it turns out close to 16", which is the same as Spudrock's.  So I would guess that he might have the older 95/96 version.

The jersey that I have is a size 56 so LAK74 might be correct on his way of thinking.  I was hoping that other that have fisherman jerseys that know what version they have could compare the size of the crest so we can all know the difference between the two jersey crest sizes.

Jeremy (NYIJM29) would know.  He was just hanging around here yesterday; hopefully he'll see this and reply.

For some reason that jersey looked bigger than a 56 to me, although of course I was just eyeballing it.  Is it really only 28" pit-to-pit?

5 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

The jersey that I have is a size 56 so LAK74 might be correct on his way of thinking.  I was hoping that other that have fisherman jerseys that know what version they have could compare the size of the crest so we can all know the difference between the two jersey crest sizes.

Nah, the quick responders are just the amateur sleuths and geometry buffs.  Looking at them again, I'm not sure what I think.  16" is a big crest, though. 

Did they give you a sublimated nameplate? I believe those SP jerseys were dyed, yes? I remember doing one for a customer not too long ago and the difference between the dyed plate and the material colored plate was pretty significant.

Got my Devils Retro GI today! Looks great, but not too happy about packaging. The white MGG box seemed smaller and the jersey was crammed in the box, which resulted in a wrinkly jersey. That should not happen for $60 shipping :(

20160708_142156_zpsvscij0ha.jpg

20160708_142229_zpspbngajzs.jpg

Beautiful Chris Kelly jersey, I absolutely love the lettering kit on those early to mid 2000 jerseys.

I have had this jersey for a little while now but never got around to posting it,

Erik Karlsson's 2011-12 Ottawa Senator Heritage jersey with the All-Star patch and from his first Norris Trophy winning season, he also scored his 100th NHL point in this jersey. The jersey has custom shortened sleeves and the lace ties were removed by Erik.

This was Ottawa's first season after leaving MeiGray and they did not sell the jerseys online, they were sold at Scotiabank Place (now Canadian Tire Centre).

4980322_orig.jpg

1190614_orig.jpg

2 hours ago, amonte78 said:

Got my Devils Retro GI today! Looks great, but not too happy about packaging. The white MGG box seemed smaller and the jersey was crammed in the box, which resulted in a wrinkly jersey. That should not happen for $60 shipping :(

Mine was folded, but it is very wrinkled. I figure they were stored in boxes at one point. Do you have an iron? It should steam out.

1998-1999 Dale Hunter gameworn Avalanche home jersey, Set 4/Playoffs – lighter wear with some stick marks especially on the sleeves, Columbine High School (CHS) memorial patch, auto’d on back ‘3’ – final home jersey ever worn by the #2 player all-time in career NHL PIM’s –

fffJ0CJ.jpg

vXFGmKo.jpg

aeCnAHX.jpg

HtqlPiv.jpg

GUKFh0O.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

LAK74 is correct! 

Few things of note:

1) Isles Fisherman crests were removed off the jerseys after the 95/96 -- to my knowledge only the team issued would have smaller crests. The authentics should all have the original larger crest.

2) On the smaller crests, the last "S" in "Islanders" has a sharp point, pointing outwards. The larger crest, the outside of that "S" is rounded. 

3) There is no consistency with Cutting Edge wave customization. I own a game used 96/97 recycled with the traditional crest that has stacked, reverse, and semi kiss cut customization. From the same year, I have a GI fisherman that is just straight reverse. So, I would recommend doing whichever style you prefer. I prefer the semi kiss cut customization.

16 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

There's a slight difference as the plate is a darker shade of red. Not a dyed plate.

I was always bothered that the B-Sen doesn't have pupils.