It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't see you at all wearing camo while skating on a white ice rink;)

43 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Can't see you at all wearing camo while skating on a white ice rink;)

Dude, its camo. It makes everyone invisible everywhere. That's why they only wear them for warm-ups, nobody would be able to make/receive a single pass the whole game. 

I'd also add, these Edge practice jerseys are super lightweight and comfortable. I'd love to play a game wearing one of these. 

5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

What's the "K" mean?

From what I have heard it is the same as 58+.

I have no idea why they use K instead of + though.  Apparently it means it can be worn by goalie or player, but I am not sure about that at all.  Someone else may know better but this is what I have heard.

10 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

From what I have heard it is the same as 58+.

I have no idea why they use K instead of + though.  Apparently it means it can be worn by goalie or player, but I am not sure about that at all.  Someone else may know better but this is what I have heard.

Correct, 58K=58+. It's definitely got regular jersey sleeves, not goalie cut. Neck tag reads 58+. I have seen 58+G practice jerseys advertised so they may differ, although both could conceivably have the 58K jock tag. 

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Cool.  Nice pickups and darn cheap, too.  MGG clearance rocks.

I've been hoping to find the Camo one for quite some time. I tried the replicas but they are too thin and cheap feeling. I also tried to buy an authentic of another team and replace the crest, but the Reebok logo was in a different place because of the shape of the logo. 

Suffice to say, I am very happy to have found one. The HFC is pretty cool as well, plus I get extra points from my daughter for having a purple jersey. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I'd also add, these Edge practice jerseys are super lightweight and comfortable. I'd love to play a game wearing one of these. 

I’ve said that a number of times before. The x-trafil material on the shoulders/arms is great as is the cut. I have two that I play in and they’re fantastic. Shame no game jerseys were made like it. Strange that Reebok would make entirely different design templates (2.0 and 3.0) solely for practice jerseys 

Edited by mdwsta4

I do wonder if the xtrafil material is durable enough for full contact game use. Maybe that’s why it’s only on practice jerseys. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Dude, its camo. It makes everyone invisible everywhere. That's why they only wear them for warm-ups, nobody would be able to make/receive a single pass the whole game. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10775341/the-story-of-man-utds-half-time-kit-change-against-southampton

After 3-4 months, got a few back from EPS

Another barber pole to the collection although I'll probably be selling this one

DSCF2187-vi.jpg

DSCF2193-vi.jpg

I originally sent this jersey to EPS over the summer, but they forgot to add the assistant captain 'A'. Unfortunately.... the A looks to be in the wrong place. It should be on the edge of the USA crest and only on the front, not the shoulder seam. Granted, PK wears a 54 and this is a 52, but still. Should I send it back and request a smaller A in the correct spot? Or leave it as-is? 

DSCF2183-vi.jpg

Game worn

img2019164f-vi.jpg

On 2018-02-23 at 9:15 AM, dsl135 said:

So I decided to be the guinea pig for the Flyers jerseys. Stripping a Carnival Lehtera #15 and covering it with a Patrick #19.

Really only two nervous areas:

- Getting the Carnival patch off

- The top corners of each #5, the #9 will cover the rest of it

First, I went for the patch...

39542942415_c2c4788153_b.jpg

Aside from two really tiny glue spots, that came off really clean. I was worried about damage to the dimples, but they seem fine:

40439183271_1610ef7905_b.jpg

The numbers were not as forgiving, and definitely left some glue residue. I've hit this with an iron and a t-shirt, with not much luck. Rubbing the glue after hitting it with the iron through the t-shirt seems to break it down a little bit, and like I said, I'm really only worried about the top corners of the #5, so overall... this is gonna work out ok for me, but I dunno that I'd want to try it again.

39542942235_0a603766a9_b.jpg

26567939458_8969997cdd_b.jpg

40439182891_2c989e6bdd_b.jpg

Did it come clean after

34 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I originally sent this jersey to EPS over the summer, but they forgot to add the assistant captain 'A'. Unfortunately.... the A looks to be in the wrong place. It should be on the edge of the USA crest and only on the front, not the shoulder seam. Granted, PK wears a 54 and this is a 52, but still. Should I send it back and request a smaller A in the correct spot? Or leave it as-is? 

I probably wouldn’t send it back just because it was too close to the crest. But it doesn’t look good overlapping into the shoulder area.

I think it would look better with a smaller A, I would send it back. If you do, make sure you specifically request that they remove the glue from its original position. 

I had a Captain’s C they put in the wrong place and I sent it back and asked for it to be removed and the original glue to be removed and they STILL sent it back with glue on it and I had to send it back a second time. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think it would look better with a smaller A, I would send it back. If you do, make sure you specifically request that they remove the glue from its original position. 

I had a Captain’s C they put in the wrong place and I sent it back and asked for it to be removed and the original glue to be removed and they STILL sent it back with glue on it and I had to send it back a second time. 

That’s what I’m concerned about. I’ve already sent this jersey to them TWICE! They’ve had it for 5 months and I missed having it to wear for the Olympics 

Yup, same deal with my jersey. It was gone for at least 6 months.

And yours will take 2 months to be fixed again. If you can live with it and don’t want to wait, then keep it as is. Otherwise, you’ll have to be patient. 

48 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Did it come clean after

I'll say "clean enough." I honestly didn't worry too much because I used previously stripped numbers to make sure that everything would be covered with the #19, and it all will.

But no, all of the glue did not come off. I'll note, I didn't use any chemicals on it though. All I did was hit it with an iron through a t-shirt (I don't seem to get glue off that way all that much though). For the top parts of the 5 that I needed to clean up, I used a towel and rubbed it after hitting it with the iron and was able to get that off that way, but I was worried about damaging the material if I kept going too much.

32 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Why do people bother with them?

I've probably had over 50 jerseys done by them, only 2 had mistakes, both related to the Captain's C. Only one of those was on a jersey they originally did, the other was somewhat excusable. 

They also are (were) my team's official customizer, which means if I want 100% accuracy, that's where I have to go. 

They are also one of the only customizers I have heard of that will aggressively try to remove glue from a stripped jersey, so that helps me too. 

<4% rate of correctable error in a job done partially by humans is probably within tolerance. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I've probably had over 50 jerseys done by them, only 2 had mistakes, both related to the Captain's C. Only one of those was on a jersey they originally did, the other was somewhat excusable. 

They also are (were) my team's official customizer, which means if I want 100% accuracy, that's where I have to go. 

They are also one of the only customizers I have heard of that will aggressively try to remove glue from a stripped jersey, so that helps me too. 

<4% rate of correctable error in a job done partially by humans is probably within tolerance. 

Yup I have never had a problem with them myself.

The only other customizer I would trust other than EPS for Devils stuff would probably be Keener.  While he can probably do as good of a job for quicker, the shipping costs to Canada is what is keeping me from sending any of my stuff to him.  Besides that I am rarely if ever in a huge rush to get my jerseys back from EPS anyways.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

Yup I have never had a problem with them myself.

The only other customizer I would trust other than EPS for Devils stuff would probably be Keener.  While he can probably do as good of a job for quicker, the shipping costs to Canada is what is keeping me from sending any of my stuff to him.  Besides that I am rarely if ever in a huge rush to get my jerseys back from EPS anyways.

I often think about using Keener but the idea of shipping to Canada for a greater cost to get someone other than the team's provider (until this year) to do the jersey doesn't make sense to me. 

And like you, I am rarely in a rush, I'll just wear one of the other 25 I have in the closet. I had one I sent to EPS recently that I regret and I should have considered Keener, because I would have liked to have it sometime before the end of the season. But sh!t happens, I guess.