Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

1 hour ago, gwarjis said:

Memories...

I know! He actually fought Scott again the next time they met in Chicago, you have to give him credit for that ;)

An order from Keener came back today. The Carey is a new custom, the other 2 just got nameplate updates. The Crosby isn't matching swift material, which is a little unfortunate, but I can live with it.

1993-94 Carey rookie

41060226712_9506430978_k.jpg

41060225412_ac79987811_k.jpg

2010 Vancouver Olympics Crosby Golden Goal

40208946505_5e5221cf6a_k.jpg

40208946985_51f5ba9e50_k.jpg

1991-92 Nolan

40208950025_6ac7ba6c9c_k.jpg

40208949295_edbb1a5b17_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

Awesome Jim Carey......  this one is definitely better than the syphilis riddled Jim that drove his girlfriend  to suicide

;)

Edited by tomtucker

18 hours ago, JJM4 said:

An order from Keener came back today. The Carey is a new custom, the other 2 just got nameplate updates. The Crosby isn't matching swift material, which is a little unfortunate, but I can live with it.

2010 Vancouver Olympics Crosby Golden Goal

40208946985_51f5ba9e50_k.jpg

I have red swift material should you want to fix that.

2 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

I have red swift material should you want to fix that.

PM'd

Just came in today!

IMG_20180330_153714.jpg

#TheBible

I love the Jim Carey. He was the very definition of a one-hit-wonder but it sure was a hit. I love how Keener researched the jersey itself before customizing it too. He spaced the name out perfectly.

94-95-carey-videomatch.jpg

Thanks, it's a new fav in my collection.  Total one hit wonder!

I actually sent Keener the playoff pics, but he does deserve the credit for doing it to a T. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I stumbled onto some gems in the latest Leland's auction that ended last week. First, a 2003 World Championships Phil Housley:

2v2J6U14ox2YANR.jpg
2v2J6U1k8x2YANR.jpg

There is little to no wear so I'm not really sure if he actually wore it but the sponsor patches and custom job definitely say it was his at one point. This is also evidence that the IIHF started pressing their nameplates rather than sewing them as early as 2003.

Then, an ultra-rare 1986 World Championships Tom Barrasso ADIDAS jersey:

2v2J6U1iMx2YANR.jpg
2v2J6U1Dzx2YANR.jpg

Light wear again but it was definitely worn as it has some nice marks on the sleeves. The old Adidas mesh jerseys are nearly impossible to find as they only supplied USA Hockey with stuff from 1985 until 1987. This one may have come out of Tom's personal collection because they had a bunch of his stuff listed. The numbers are all felt but the name is sewn on twill. How great is the extra tall A?

Leland's is apparently renowned for their baseball prowess but I'm a little iffy on their hockey knowledge. They had a white 1996 World Cup Roenick jersey listed as game worn:

https://lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=85247

Also, a white Leetch from the same tournament with no C and a different nameplate:

https://lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=85219

Huh? The Leetch addendum says it was worn in the pre-tournament but those didn't have different plates. Hell, I have a blue one from the pre-tourney and the plate is identical. Not to mention some other oddities like a Bryan Trottier 1984 USA that just doesn't add up at all:

https://lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=85305

Decided it was time to open the piggy bank and add one of these to the collection.

001.JPG

1 minute ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

Decided it was time to open the piggy bank and add one of these to the collection.

Not a Hawks fan but I’m particularly fond of that style. 

Few newbies.

91/92 Robin Bawa. Both have pretty decent wear and sewn in, shoe string fight strap. My favourite of the many Canuck styles. 

41085317722_bf7882ae4f_b.jpg40417555364_c1f75ac3a2_b.jpg40417555284_69e8800cd1_b.jpg41085317802_fa71f756c4_b.jpg

2016/17 Preseason Tuomo Ruutu 

40417651074_8531405463_b.jpg40417651044_05488e22b3_b.jpg

2017 Youngstars Kole Lind

40233690945_6e1475c338_b.jpg40233690985_d7d1555c09_b.jpg

On 3/29/2018 at 10:24 AM, gwarjis said:

Memories...

ha! first thing I thought of too when I saw that sweater...

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not a Hawks fan but I’m particularly fond of that style. 

I have a couple authentics of that style that I keep pristine in my closet, but my one and only premier is also that style. I wear it as a junker, have worn it concerts, music festivals, the grocery store, out to dinner, and many bars and I am always amazed at the amount of compliments I get on it.... I always think man I like this style too, but this is the shittiest jersey I own... 

edit: said premier has now basically become my gf's sweater when we go to games (cuz she thinks Toews is hot), so now I get to be the a-hole bf who has to stick his nose in when some guy tells her how much they like it..... lol...

Edited by vadarx

7 hours ago, vadarx said:

ha! first thing I thought of too when I saw that sweater...

Dang he got manhandled and tapped out. 

I feel so fortunate at how many things had to line up for this one... from winning the auction at a very reasonable price, to the jersey being my size, to the numbers being covered up by the player I wanted (due to glue residue)... just so stoked to have this back.

Started like this:

25632936908_3f7f103736_z.jpg

38607401005_04b228d320_z.jpg

Now looks like this:

39326704870_26b1cf7102_z.jpg

40240496605_d135e17f70_z.jpg

There's the tiniest bit of glue residue on one sleeve that didn't get covered, but it's honestly not that noticeable. I now have a home/away set of Flyers Adidas MIC's, and feel super lucky.

That Patrick came out awesome! Didn’t realize you were going Lindros-patched. Really nice. 

Nice Dan! Glad it turned out ok. Looks awesome.

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Dang he got manhandled and tapped out. 

the look of something like terror on his face right before that is my favorite part of the video. Scott just annhililates him. as Amonte78 said though, he gets points for going 'round with him again the next time they saw each other.

23 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

One of my all time favorites. Really hope they bring these back next season. Have 1.0 and 2.0 versions of it. A favorite in my collection 

17 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

One of my all time favorites. Really hope they bring these back next season. Have 1.0 and 2.0 versions of it. A favorite in my collection 

same here. I have to think that adidas will bring em back if they decide to do 3rd jerseys for each team. they would sell like hotcakes.

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I'm missing every Hawks edge 1.0 except the home, but I have every 2.0... I never thought that would have been the case a few years ago.

6 hours ago, gwarjis said:

I'm missing every Hawks edge 1.0 except the home, but I have every 2.0... I never thought that would have been the case a few years ago.

I’ve contemplated selling it a number of times but always resist. It was my first edge jersey and I do like the xtrafil material 

10 hours ago, gwarjis said:

I have every 2.0... I never thought that would have been the case a few years ago.

When I got back in to collecting a few years ago, I decided after a while to just pay up for all the Hawks 2.0's I had missed. It was a good call. Favorite part of my collection.