It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sent theese two authentics out to EPS on december 22nd. Got the invoice on the 18th of april, payed it about a week later. Got the jerseys today after some delays at Swedish Post Service side. But I'm stoked to have them back. Thanks to Jeff Birge for helping me buy a 92/93 Sabres off of him!

1992-1993 Buffalo Sabres CCM Size 52, Alexander Mogilny with Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary patch

VP8y25l.jpg
Tj1kEd9.jpg

1998-1999 Buffalo Sabres CCM Size 52, Dominik Hasek with 98-99 Stanley Cup Patch

q3eZX79.jpg
GPOAg4e.jpg

Edited by Lumpjaw

Super Rare 1988-89 Steve Larmer Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey With Tackle Twill Crest

1988-89 Steve Larmer Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Front1988-89 Steve Larmer Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Back1988-89 Steve Larmer Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Crest1988-89 Steve Larmer Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Shoulder Patch

These were only used by a few players part way into the 1988-89 season.  Crest is Tackle Twill with chain stitching as an accent on the crest.  I usually don't go with a size 44, but these are so hard to find, I had to jump on it.

33 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Super Rare 1988-89 Steve Larmer Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey With Tackle Twill Crest

These were only used by a few players part way into the 1988-89 season.  Crest is Tackle Twill with chain stitching as an accent on the crest.  I usually don't go with a size 44, but these are so hard to find, I had to jump on it.

Are you sure Blackhawks used Gerry Cosby jerseys? This is the first I've ever heard of it. Do you have any more info?

No, I have a feeling this originally came from the Gerry Cosby store though.  I think they use to logo their jerseys as I have seen replicas and other jersey with their logo on it as well.  I could try and remove it, but it might be a pain to do it, so i just left it.

Pretty sure in the "How To" thread Slim removed that Cosby stamp from a Blues jersey but it took a LOT of elbow grease. 
To me it's not worth the risk, I'd leave it as-is 

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Did they really use that "C" with Tommahawks? Seemed they always wore a different style "C" that was never found on replica jerseys.

5 minutes ago, cjerina said:

Did they really use that "C" with Tommahawks? Seemed they always wore a different style "C" that was never found on replica jerseys.

Yep, just for this jersey.  It's is different than replica jerseys, but obviously not chain stitched like it normally is.  Slim has a picture of one in his book.

8 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Replied to your reddit post too

Thought I was a pretty decent Blackhawks jersey historian but when did Cosby ever do up Hawks jerseys? they were east coast. Gunzos was Midwest. Also dont recall ever seeing any year with the replica shaped tomahawks. Curious to know more of the history as the rest of the jersey looks legit from that era. Definitely customized more recently though as the font is different than what the Hawks used back then. 

15 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Thought I was a pretty decent Blackhawks jersey historian but when did Cosby ever do up Hawks jerseys? they were east coast. Gunzos was Midwest. Also dont recall ever seeing any year with the replica shaped tomahawks. Curious to know more of the history as the rest of the jersey looks legit from that era. Definitely customized more recently though as the font is different than what the Hawks used back then. 

Or maybe Cosby’s did it back in the day and added their stamp...

42 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

My guess is it may have been a retail authentic that was sold at the Cosby store and they added their stamp. Or, the previous owner had it customized at Cosby and they added their stamp at that time.  I haven't really seen a Cosby stamped jersey either, but I have seen other teams in the past,  A quick eBay search shows a Flyers, North Stars, Islanders, Maple Leafs, etc. all replica jersey with a Cosby stamp so it might be been something they just did back in the day on jerseys they got in.  Either way, I didn't want to risk hurting the jersey by trying to remove it.

As I mentioned earlier, a Savard version of this style of jersey is shown in Slim's book (I might post a picture tonight as I am about to go home from work). From what he said int he book was it was worn by a few player during the '88-89 season, but they went back to the normal style (which is a good thing because the chain stitched crest and shoulder patches are so much better.

And yes, I did strip and re-customize it, it is probably little closer to the early '90's font style, but it's fairly close to what was used where I am happy with it.

I’m pretty sure this is the same style jersey we were talking about earlier in the Griswold thread:

18 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I’m pretty sure this is the same style jersey we were talking about earlier in the Griswold thread:

Well now it definitely has to be stripped and re-done. 

Keeping with the ultrafil theme on this page, 84/85 Terry Ruskowski

wbqohy.jpg

1t3seg.jpg

Edited by mharolde

So, I paid my invoice at about 9:30am...and I had it in my hands at 4:45pm. Not too bad.

2v2Jitzoox2YANR.jpg
2v2Jitz35x2YANR.jpg

Talk about cheap. The crest and all the numbers are heat-pressed. Still, an Olympic jersey for $500.00 is a deal; no matter the player. It's even better when there's actually some NOTICEABLE wear on the front!

Guest Dr_Puck

I was in on one Olympic jersey with a local player connection. However, I was not going to pay for a GI in the $500 range. It seemed like the prices were more clustered together than the WJCs back in January. Nice get with the white, but those blues most be pretty sharp in-person.