Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

5 minutes ago, cowboys said:

At the back 

Winner. 

Coincidentally that puts it right next to my black River Rats jersey that it reminds me of. 

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Just to prove how sick I am, I just spent a full 5 minutes staring at my closet wondering where the Starter jersey is “supposed” to go. Left to right it’s vintage (white then red), current colors (white then red, each color arranged chronologically), and then practice jersey (chronologically). 

Where does a “fashion” jersey go??

Bragging rights to the first person who knows the “correct” answer. 

The correct answer is to rearrange them by pure chronological order. Don’t bother with colors/types. 

21 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Wait a minute...we have THREE members here from Australia?? That's pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure there are four

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

The correct answer is to rearrange them by pure chronological order. Don’t bother with colors/types. 

Not sorted by color??? You are a wild man. 

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Where does a “fashion” jersey go??

Bragging rights to the first person who knows the “correct” answer. 

Trash goes in the garbage. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not sorted by color??? You are a wild man. 

Lol, nope. Straight chrono order. Experi mented with a bunch of different schemes. Decided it was just easier to do it by date. 

Stumbled across this by chance and picked it up. If it was worn it doesn't show it.

003.JPG

21 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Lol, nope. Straight chrono order. Experi mented with a bunch of different schemes. Decided it was just easier to do it by date. 

I do my footy guernseys chronologically. Home -> Clash (Road) -> Alternate -> Any one offs in the order they occurred per year.

Same for the other sports I have multiples of too.

I only have 3 hockey jerseys though, so that's pretty easy. I'm working on it though.

Anyone else able to view this forum well today?  Tried IE and Firefox and neither can load this forum in a readable view.

mobile works fine though.

Works for me. Using Firefox.

36 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Anyone else able to view this forum well today?  Tried IE and Firefox and neither can load this forum in a readable view.

mobile works fine though.

Using Safari, all is well. 

I restarted my computer and still issues on both Firefox and I.E.  Every other forum is fine except this.

i probably got kicked.  I wouldn't be surprised:). Anyways carry on!

I just got this one back from CSL yesterday:

Reebok 2.0 Size 46 2015-2016 Chicago Blackhawks Home Artemi Panarin

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0644_zpsy6ucck3s.jpg.html?filters[user]=146233675&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0645_zpsojrdovsb.jpg.html?filters[user]=146233675&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

Just wondering what you guys think.  I noticed the back "7" looks very, very slightly crooked towards the bottom.  I haven't been able to find any great pictures to match it but does this look like it should be like this?  Maybe it's just me and it's the way the angle was in the picture I took.

Also, thanks to @Lumpjaw, I finally found one of these that I've been trying to find for a long time in my size.  It's one of my favorite old alternates in the League and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Sabres fan:

Reebok 6100 Size 46 2005-2006 Buffalo Sabres Alternate Daniel Briere:

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0646_zps8wgiul7s.jpg.html?filters[user]=146233675&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0647_zpsdnlpfjpt.jpg.html?filters[user]=146233675&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

I apologize for not using Flickr but am still able to use Photobucket in this way.  Sorry for the links.

Edited by shilenj

16 minutes ago, shilenj said:

Just wondering what you guys think.  I noticed the back "7" looks very, very slightly crooked towards the bottom.  I haven't been able to find any great pictures to match it but does this look like it should be like this?  Maybe it's just me and it's the way the angle was in the picture I took.

I don't think you have it laid flat, it's bunched up in a couple places. So the picture is inconclusive. 

CSL's work can be imperfect sometimes. I'm sure that slight imperfections can be seen here and there on Hawks gamers, even.

Are the tops of the 7 and 2 in a line?  That's what I would look for.  I don't know if the back Edge panel on those Hawks jerseys really lays down perfectly straight, and I'm guessing that is what is suggesting to your eye that it's crooked.

Edited by furiousd

32 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are the tops of the 7 and 2 in a line?  That's what I would look for.  I don't know if the back Edge panel on those Hawks jerseys really lays down perfectly straight, and I'm guessing that is what is suggesting to your eye that it's crooked.

You're right, its very hard to get them to lay flat, even when you do its just "mostly flat". 

Take a tape measure and measure from each of the bottom corners of the 7 to the top of the stripe; if they're equal, its even. 

A couple of new one from some great members:

1991-92 Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings TBTC Jersey Size 50 (Thanks to JJM4)

1991-92 Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings TBTC Jersey Front1991-92 Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings TBTC Jersey Back

2000-01 Jeremy Roenick Phoenix Coyotes Away Jersey NWT Size 52 (Thanks to FuriousD)

2000-01 Jeremy Roenick Phoenix Coyotes Away Jersey Front2000-01 Jeremy Roenick Phoenix Coyotes Away Jersey Back

Always love a Roenick, and always love a TBTC!  Great pickups!

17 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

A couple of new one from some great members:

1991-92 Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings TBTC Jersey Size 50 (Thanks to JJM4)

2000-01 Jeremy Roenick Phoenix Coyotes Away Jersey NWT Size 52 (Thanks to FuriousD)

Solid pickups!!

Two strips and re-do's from EPS.

This was a Made in Canada game issued Dalton Prout jersey. I bought it from MeiGray and stripped it. EPS did a very good job re-creating the new font, with only minor differences. The strip was so easy and everything came off so cleanly, I was surprised to still see some compression marks from the old number on the back. I don't think anyone would see it without looking for it, and even then I am not sure they'd know that was what it was. 

In any event, the re-design has definitely grown on me and I am happy to add this one to the collection. Also cool that it has the 100th patch, so its a re-creation of the jersey Nico wore for his first NHL game, which I attended. Also my first Devils #13, which was my number as a kid. 

40871914174_87d2e950ce_b.jpg

41542221752_d27d39d55f_b.jpg

This one is one of my favorite jerseys to wear, only issue was that I wanted it to be a Brodeur, not a Niedermayer. After years of looking for another blank, I realized I didn't really care to have the Niedermayer anymore. So, I stripped it. It had some heavy glue residue, which EPS charged $15 to clean and they removed all of it, you cannot tell this jersey was stripped at all. 

I then bought a ProPlayer replica, had a buddy sew the Nieds kit, NHL2000 and 2000 SCF patches on it, and I sold it on eBay. The end result was $50 in profit, which almost covered the cost of re-customizing the jersey. Very happy with the results. 

39775090890_1ef767827f_b.jpg

39775090840_59b53b00d6_b.jpg

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Two strips and re-do's from EPS.

This was a Made in Canada game issued Dalton Prout jersey. I bought it from MeiGray and stripped it. EPS did a very good job re-creating the new font, with only minor differences. The strip was so easy and everything came off so cleanly, I was surprised to still see some compression marks from the old number on the back. I don't think anyone would see it without looking for it, and even then I am not sure they'd know that was what it was. 

In any event, the re-design has definitely grown on me and I am happy to add this one to the collection. Also cool that it has the 100th patch, so its a re-creation of the jersey Nico wore for his first NHL game, which I attended. Also my first Devils #13, which was my number as a kid. 

Those came out nice!

Question for you. When you strip MeiGray jerseys and re-customize them, do you or does EPS strip the MeiGray authentication tag out (if there's one)? Or with the Prout, both the MeiGray tag and the Philly Express tag?

Reason i am asking this is because this discussion pops up from time to time in the game worn community.  When MeiGray jerseys are stripped and the Meigray tag or a customizer tag like Philly Express stays in jerseys, it puts the risk of the jerseys potentially being resold as game worns to people who do not know about the game worn hobby or MeiGray population reports to look up numbers.

Someone like you who is honest and is a reputable seller/collector wouldn't do this of course, but when any one of those jerseys leaves your hands you never know what the next person will do with them or how they're going to represent them to make a buck. 

Thanks!

I do not remove the MeiGray tag and did not remove the PX tag. The only reason is because I would rather have the tag still in place than remove it and have it leave evidence behind that it was removed. 

I did this a few times and sold the jerseys without even thinking about that possibility (shows how honest I am, it never even crossed my mind). Each time, I of course advertised it as being a stripped Game Issued jersey of (insert player name) that was re-done. But its true, someone buying it from me could do whatever. 

It was brought up on this site, and after that discussion, I decided that the correct thing to do would be to remove and destroy the tags if I am ever going to sell the jersey. I would just hope the tag came off clean and/or didn't leave evidence behind, or that the buyer wouldn't care. 

But I haven't sold one since deciding that. There's no real risk of that happening here, as I bought the GI from MeiGray at top dollar ($395) and then invested even more money into it. There's little to no likelihood I could recoup close to what I have into it, especially if MIC blanks become available. 

My thought was, blank Edge jerseys at full retail were $300, so the extra $95 was a premium I paid to have the jersey now, while they aren't available. That's how I rationalized it to myself, anyway. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Thanks!

I do not remove the MeiGray tag and did not remove the PX tag. The only reason is because I would rather have the tag still in place than remove it and have it leave evidence behind that it was removed. 

I did this a few times and sold the jerseys without even thinking about that possibility (shows how honest I am, it never even crossed my mind). Each time, I of course advertised it as being a stripped Game Issued jersey of (insert player name) that was re-done. But its true, someone buying it from me could do whatever. 

It was brought up on this site, and after that discussion, I decided that the correct thing to do would be to remove and destroy the tags if I am ever going to sell the jersey. I would just hope the tag came off clean and/or didn't leave evidence behind, or that the buyer wouldn't care. 

But I haven't sold one since deciding that. There's no real risk of that happening here, as I bought the GI from MeiGray at top dollar ($395) and then invested even more money into it. There's little to no likelihood I could recoup close to what I have into it, especially if MIC blanks become available. 

My thought was, blank Edge jerseys at full retail were $300, so the extra $95 was a premium I paid to have the jersey now, while they aren't available. That's how I rationalized it to myself, anyway. 

You're welcome! 

I think the way that you (and others) choose to buy GI's and the like from MeiGray and re-customize them and/or create jerseys is really the smart way. Between the yearly sales, clearance section and blanks the collectors with an eye for accuracy and doing it right have a field day.