It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Slim is gonna throw a **** fit with all these quoted pictures! :D

I'm predicting an appearance from "Vampire Slim" once the rage sets in. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few  pick ups  thanks to Fritz for the USA jersey it got mis placed when it arrived 

IMG_0683_zpsxgbf10ge.jpg

IMG_0685_zpsejo1b4tf.jpg

Western game issued goalie cut jersey not sure what I will do with this one ,would like a player to go on it but maybe in my sale thread soon 

IMG_0679_zpsqszynloa.jpg

Edited by cowboys

Know a few Flyers 

Game issued 

IMG_0693_zps2ndinz3z.jpg

IMG_0691_zps5wfzwg3l.jpg

a Goalie gane issued 

IMG_0675_zps4quslauh.jpg

A few from Kirk got to like the Patches both game used even for just the one games 

IMG_0687_zpsadwnak3z.jpg

IMG_0690_zpsnwnbq1jt.jpg

IMG_0701_zpsksau8wks.jpg

IMG_0697_zpsbwi8uest.jpg

Courtesy of Fitz, 1991-1992 Devils game issued Craig Billngton with original 10th patch. Thanks buddy ?

20160712054519_IMG_5719-1_zpsy9hn426p.jp

20160712054618_IMG_5720-1_zpsn54xzpwu.jp

2002 Iggy Team Canada. This could also go under "Deals and Steals"...t'was only a mere $50 shipped AND it has an original IIHF patch. Score!

20160712055451_IMG_5721-1_zpsrlrwbv8d.jp

20160712055615_IMG_5722-1_zpspg8eudg2.jp

Keith Tkachuk Blues Vintage Series. 

*Question: Does anyone know if this is a possible team issued jersey? The numbers are kiss-cut, the name plate is propor but the letters are stacked. Only neck tag present is the size tag. Also, I've never seen stitching like this on the rear number...real thick zig zag on the yellow portion of the back #7. Any input would be great...I havnt been able to find any reference photos. 

20160712053748_IMG_5714-1_zpsw7u7trtn.jp

20160712053857_IMG_5715-1_zpsdx0t1uzo.jp

20160712054003_IMG_5718_zpstnhanskd.jpg

20160712053947_IMG_5717_zpskunmpvpb.jpg

Believe it or not, that's not on-ice accurate lettering. The name is good but the numbers on that white style were single layer blue with a thin layer of vinyl or paint press that was meant to represent the middle layer. Then they just stitched over the layer to give the illusion of kiss-cut lettering. It doesn't make it any less great though. Those were flat-out gorgeous.

14 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Believe it or not, that's not on-ice accurate lettering. The name is good but the numbers on that white style were single layer blue with a thin layer of vinyl or paint press that was meant to represent the middle layer. Then they just stitched over the layer to give the illusion of kiss-cut lettering. It doesn't make it any less great though. Those were flat-out gorgeous.

Thanks for the input Mike! That's so cool that they used vynil on those kits. 

So is the 7 the correct font?

9 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

So is the 7 the correct font?

I'm about 99% sure that the shape of the 7's is good.  That was the last season that Custom Crafted did the Blues' jerseys, and the back number 7's had the center-weighted bottom serif.  (The next season, when the Blues switched back to Liebe, the back 7's were more severely angled, and the bottom serif moved all the way to the left side, like the arm 7's on your jersey.)

The only bone to pick is that the letter C is a little off; the serif on the upper right corner shouldn't be there.  The top and bottom halves of the C should be mirror images of each other.

That is a really awesome style of jersey though; I hope the Blues do something like that for the upcoming Winter Classic.

8 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I'm about 99% sure that the shape of the 7's is good.  That was the last season that Custom Crafted did the Blues' jerseys, and the back number 7's had the center-weighted bottom serif.  (The next season, when the Blues switched back to Liebe, the back 7's were more severely angled, and the bottom serif moved all the way to the left side, like the arm 7's on your jersey.)

The only bone to pick is that the letter C is a little off; the serif on the upper right corner shouldn't be there.  The top and bottom halves of the C should be mirror images of each other.

That is a really awesome style of jersey though; I hope the Blues do something like that for the upcoming Winter Classic.

Thanks very much for the input sir! I'm glad the jersey isn't too far off. For what I paid for it, I can't complain. 

I totally agree, they need to do a throwback jersey. Blues jerseys are one of my favorite designs...they have a ton of old designs they could use to make one sick uniform next year. 

I need to make a correction regarding the "C" being inaccurate.  Perhaps the C may have been OK after all.  I had seen the following blue and white gamers, and they both had the symmetrical C without the serif:

image_zpsbfu4ovxz.jpeg

image_zpsglczkrie.jpeg

But I just found these photos of a Tkachuk blue gamer, and it has the C with a serif!  So who knows which is correct on the white one...

image_zps7jwqeuvv.jpeg

image_zpsswzt39mj.jpeg

I was gonna post about the C, but you beat me to it. I'm currently in the process of recreating all of the Blues lettering and am just now working on that style. Custom Crafted does not do the cleanest of lettering, when you look at the Boguniecki the C is smaller with a smaller border, I'm assuming just cut the wrong font there is also a Rycroft out there with the serif on the top of the C, so I guess it depends on who was cutting them that day. I would say it should be with the serif to match. 

It's amazing, the inconsistency on a jersey for which there was only one set.  I didn't even notice the thin border on the C until you mentioned it; now that I look at it again it seems the C on the Weinrich looks like it may have a thin border as well, so yes, perhaps the C was intended to have a serif, like they were on the original early 80's jerseys.  

Just out of curiosity, was the Rycroft a white jersey?

On 14 June 2016 at 5:38 PM, bobbyp6565 said:

2014-2015 Paul Bissonnette UK Elite League (EIHL) Cardiff Devils game-issued jersey –

I7XgTHF.jpg

Do you/anyone have any ideas what material is used for the numbers? I've got plenty of shirts done by CH Sport but I can't quite put my finger on what material they use for the numbers.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

It's amazing, the inconsistency on a jersey for which there was only one set.  I didn't even notice the thin border on the C until you mentioned it; now that I look at it again it seems the C on the Weinrich looks like it may have a thin border as well, so yes, perhaps the C was intended to have a serif, like they were on the original early 80's jerseys.  

Just out of curiosity, was the Rycroft a white jersey?

No it was blue

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 8:07 PM, The_Dude_Abides said:

Courtesy of Fitz, 1991-1992 Devils game issued Craig Billngton with original 10th patch. Thanks buddy ?

Why am I not surprised this is where it landed....

I passed on this simply because if it landed in my hands it would no longer be a Billington.  And since it had Meigray oaperwork with it plus set tagging on the inside that i don't know i could remove.....don't want a game issued Brodeur getting out there...

9 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

I passed on this simply because if it landed in my hands it would no longer be a Billington.  And since it had Meigray oaperwork with it plus set tagging on the inside that i don't know i could remove.....don't want a game issued Brodeur getting out there...

The Dude is the guy who bails me out when I buy something I ought not to have, all thanks again for the assist!

As far as HockeyMusic goes, I did offer (threaten?)  to make the paperwork disappear so he could feel free to do whatever he wanted. But he declined. 

But seriously, if I felt stripping it was an option, I may have kept it and done it myself. 

9 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Yah I'm pretty predictable...I know. 

The thought crossed my mind about changing it, not gonna lie. Decided it's going to stay just the way it is. I've got a Stevens and a Brodeur rookie in the works, so there's no real need to strip the Billington. I just love this style of jersey...and it's a 54, so I can actually wear it. 

If you ever think of stripping it, please let me know as myself and about 2-3 other Devils game worn collectors would immediately pitch in to buy it to prevent that from happening.

That year, whether it is GI or GW, is hard enough to find.  To have it stripped would be a a disaster.

51 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

If you ever think of stripping it, please let me know as myself and about 2-3 other Devils game worn collectors would immediately pitch in to buy it to prevent that from happening.

That year, whether it is GI or GW, is hard enough to find.  To have it stripped would be a a disaster.

No worries man, it's staying in tact. 

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

D*mn, I should have threatened to strip it when I was selling it, could have driven the price up!

:)

Edited by mfitz804

13 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

This is why i did not buy it

Plus i already have a Brodeur rookie.....and thanks to JoeM7392 i have a kickass 10th ann'y patch to put on it