Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, shilenj said:

Hey everyone.  I just got my 2013-2014 MacKinnon Avalanche Home 2.0 back from Denver Athletic.

Overall they did an outstanding job:

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0712_zpsrosxa05h.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0719_zps6eazqz0f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

However, I have a slight concern.  See the bottom left corner of the nameplate compared to the bottom right corner?  The left point touches the blue, while the right point aligns perfectly with the burgundy and doesn't touch the blue below.  Now this may have something to do with the size of the jersey (46) but what do you all think?  Do you think it needs to be fixed to look the same on both sides?

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0720_zpsdgvhsmw0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0721_zpslxkyz0ec.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I can’t open the pictures but it sounds like long name, small jersey is what happened. 

Edited by mfitz804

Guest Dr_Puck

What a Kings jersey. Just an amazing color scheme. Great get, Spud. I have seen a couple of those blanks floating around, I am definitely going to get one eventually. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

What a Kings jersey. Just an amazing color scheme. Great get, Spud. I have seen a couple of those blanks floating around, I am definitely going to get one eventually. 

Agreed, those are everything that was right about 90’s hockey jerseys. 

I'm a little different with the Kings chevy jerseys.  They are nice in a classic sense, but their color scheme (black, silver and white) and overall design isn't all that special to me.

Still though that's an awesome Kings jersey.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed, those are everything that was right about 90’s hockey jerseys. 

I think the 90's Ultrafil is magical... Just the weight and overall feel. Also 90's stitching was a lot more heavy duty and closer together. Really made them solid jerseys.

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I can’t open the pictures but it sounds like long name, small jersey is what happened. 

That's kind of what I was thinking.  I'm not sure if it's the way it's supposed to be but being different on each side bothers me.  If it's supposed to be that way then I have no problem with it but for some reason I don't think it should.  Comparing it to a gamer does me no good because MacKinnon wears a 56 so it's going to obviously be different.

If anyone else can open the links and take a look, I'd like some opinions.  I really appreciate it.

6 minutes ago, shilenj said:

That's kind of what I was thinking.  I'm not sure if it's the way it's supposed to be but being different on each side bothers me.  If it's supposed to be that way then I have no problem with it but for some reason I don't think it should.  Comparing it to a gamer does me no good because MacKinnon wears a 56 so it's going to obviously be different.

If anyone else can open the links and take a look, I'd like some opinions.  I really appreciate it.

The way you are describing it sounds like its not perfectly centered. You'd think either both sides would be touching or neither would be. 

1 hour ago, shilenj said:

I didn't even notice it on the main back pic of the jersey, so it's good that you even caught it.  I'd say they just made a small mistake in the placement by having the left edge a little lower than the right edge. I wouldn't think it has anything to do with the size of the jersey, because it looks like they could have even made the nameplate slightly smaller and this never would have been an issue. But I'd chalk it up to a minor imperfection, which you will see from every customizer from time to time.  I still think the jersey looks solid.

Edited by JJM4

I got the pictures to work...the one edge that goes over, it looks like all the material is bunched up, I assume that's just how you have it laying and not how they sewed it. 

I think JJM4 is probably right, I bet if you looked at a bunch of Colorado gamers, you may find some with that kind of variation. 

This is very fitting. I got it from our coolest member in Matawan, NJ. Who else would go on it?

2v2Jitzwyx2YANR.jpg

And then one that I honestly can't believe I've never owned before:

2v2JitzVyx2YANR.jpg

I love the all-twill Air Force inspired shoulder logos. Something tells me the nameplate will be a challenge though.

25 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

That Aeros jersey is sweet.

They seem to always be. Some franchises just do it right. 

10 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

And then one that I honestly can't believe I've never owned before:

I love the all-twill Air Force inspired shoulder logos. Something tells me the nameplate will be a challenge though.

If it makes it easier, at least some mid-season additions used green twill for the nameplate in 94/95.

jerseys6-1_0006-X3.jpg

3 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

That Vandermeer reminds me of a Bears jersey with the colors and lighting.

I hadn't thought about this, but you're right..and I'm a Bears fan :D

Not a big fan of this style, but I needed a Vandy in my collection.

Awesome Hull!  And I'm not big on Thrashers jerseys but I think that's the best style.

2 hours ago, BennGuin1491 said:

41647047194_521d5574b7_b.jpg

They misspelled “Traitor”. 

EDIT: nope, that’s exactly how you spell it. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

They misspelled “Traitor”. 

EDIT: nope, that’s exactly how you spell it. 

Yeah if he does return to the NHL I would love to watch his first game against the Devils and how the fans react to him.