It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

9 hours ago, amonte78 said:

I hadn't thought about this, but you're right..and I'm a Bears fan :D

Not a big fan of this style, but I needed a Vandy in my collection.

Beats a Bears jersey, and I'm a fan too. Football jerseys are just too boring.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Beats a Bears jersey, and I'm a fan too. Football jerseys are just too boring.

Same.

But there a few nice ones out there. I bought an authentic throwback jersey a couple weeks back that I think is pretty nice. I think this might be my favorite Bears style:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~AgAAOSwGzhaHxVO/s-l1600.jpg

31 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

Same.

But there a few nice ones out there. I bought an authentic throwback jersey a couple weeks back that I think is pretty nice. I think this might be my favorite Bears style:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~AgAAOSwGzhaHxVO/s-l1600.jpg

Throwback is probably the exception I'd make mainly because they're wearable. The way the current NFL jerseys fit from a casual perspective only augments their lack of any fun details.

I like Reebok’s authentic NFL jerseys. Most teams are boring, but a few have nice logos or patches on them. 

2005 Terrell Owens

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I like Reebok’s authentic NFL jerseys. Most teams are boring, but a few have nice logos or patches on them. 

2005 Terrell Owens

Yeah that's not bad.

Its just hard to beat hockey and baseball jerseys.

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

They misspelled “Traitor”. 

EDIT: nope, that’s exactly how you spell it. 

lol, yeah that's what I thought when I saw that sweater. I'm not even a Devils fan, but f that guy.

pained me to see him win an Olympic gold this year....

Been awhile since I added something to the collection.  Picked this up from “the dudes” massive sale about a year ago.  It was done as an 85-86 Clark rookie but the jersey was from 84-85, had the wrong shoulder patches, wrong fight strap, and wrong crest.

Ended up modifying the crest to add the thicker border the 84-85 crests had, changed the shoulder patches to the correct royal blue colour, changed the fight strap to a loop style strap and went from Clark to pretty much the only player you could put from a team that finished dead last.

28512624428_cb054dbc1a_b.jpg28512624528_dbc77c17a0_b.jpg

Superb!!

2 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I love the old school C.

What did you do to the crest? I want to see the modification.

It’s nothing fancy.  I just took a regular crest and stitched it to a to a piece of twill to give it the look of a big border around it.  Still not 100% accurate but where am I going to find an 84-85 crest?

17 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

It’s nothing fancy.  I just took a regular crest and stitched it to a to a piece of twill to give it the look of a big border around it.  Still not 100% accurate but where am I going to find an 84-85 crest?

On an 84-85 jersey? :P

9 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

On an 84-85 jersey? :P

Good idea, let me just go to the 84-85 Maple Leafs jersey store and buy a couple.  ;)

Got a delivery from MeiGray today.   

First up is a 2017-2018 Set 2 David Savard jersey. Pretty happy with the wear on this jersey. The left shoulder has a nice 3 inch sewn repair, the left arm has a nice burn on it and two small tape repairs, and the right arm has so many small burns that they backed them with large tape patch.

Next up is a 2017-18 Playoff Set Marc Letestu jersey. Marc wore this jersey from the time he was traded here until the end of the playoffs and it shows decent wear. Both arms have small repairs and burns and the body has several marks on it.

Savard%202017-2018%20Game%20Worn%20Jerse

Savard%202017-2018%20Game%20Worn%20Jerse

i-pK4rs9N-X2.jpg

i-HpBPRTr-X2.jpg

Letestu%202017-2018%20Game%20Worn%20Jers

Letestu%202017-2018%20Game%20Worn%20Jers

Philadelphia Flyers Nick Boynton 10/11 GW. Fun fact: Boynton was on the ice when Kane scored the OT winner in the final SFC 2010 game against the Flyers ;)

20180530_171330

20180530_171420

30 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Philadelphia Flyers Nick Boynton 10/11 GW. Fun fact: Boynton was on the ice when Kane scored the OT winner in the final SFC 2010 game against the Flyers ;)

Nice!

I totally forgot about him. I just remembered that one of my cousins wanted to strip his premier Havlat and make turn it into a Boynton. After some extreme ridicule, he decided not to go through with it. It would've been such a pointless endeavor... it was probably all of the SC hype at the time that made him want to do that

23 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

Nice!

I totally forgot about him. I just remembered that one of my cousins wanted to strip his premier Havlat and make turn it into a Boynton. After some extreme ridicule, he decided not to go through with it. It would've been such a pointless endeavor... it was probably all of the SC hype at the time that made him want to do that

Changing Havlat into Boynton would only be a nameplate change....I even owned a Havlat Premier about 9 years ago :D (before I started collecting gamers only)

I totally forgot about a player like Brent Sopel ;)

2 hours ago, amonte78 said:

Changing Havlat into Boynton would only be a nameplate change....I even owned a Havlat Premier about 9 years ago :D (before I started collecting gamers only)

I totally forgot about a player like Brent Sopel ;)

Now that I think about even more, I think he ended up buying a premier Boynton and gave away the Havlat instead.

Brent Sopel was so meh. He  went on some stupid rant about Pokemon Go which kinda made me lose respect for him. His replies were pretty weak and made him sound pretty out of touch.

Edited by gwarjis

19 hours ago, gwarjis said:

Brent Sopel was so meh. He  went on some stupid rant about Pokemon Go which kinda made me lose respect for him. His replies were pretty weak and made him sound pretty out of touch.

And yet his comment was spot on. What, are you 12?! WTF plays Pokemon still or at all? 

7 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

And yet his comment was spot on. What, are you 12?! WTF plays Pokemon still or at all? 

Doesn't explain WHY the world is messed up, just proof that it is when 20-somethings wander parks together on their phones searching for imaginary characters. 

To Gwars credit, commenting on it is juvenile. It's like AOL chat rooms of the 2010s. We all know Brittany sucks and has no talent!(circa 1999)

31 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I actually went to school for game design/development and work for a gaming company, so I play lots of video games.

Edited by gwarjis