It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

22 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Doesn't explain WHY the world is messed up, just proof that it is when 20-somethings wander parks together on their phones searching for imaginary characters. 

To Gwars credit, commenting on it is juvenile. It's like AOL chat rooms of the 2010s. We all know Brittany sucks and has no talent!(circa 1999)

Yeah, pretty much not giving an explanation is what made me think he's just being ignorant. Also, it's not just 20 year olds. Lots of people 30+ were doing it, which I don't see anything wrong with.

This is getting pretty off topic, so I'll stop here.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of 30-somethings still live with parents. Doesn't make it right.

Probably the same ones playing Pokémon Go.

(ma! Meatloaf!!)

yup, way off topic. Regardless of what Sopel said and why, it's just the open diary nature of antisocial media. Before social media I thought people were generally ok.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

5 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Doesn't explain WHY the world is messed up, just proof that it is when 20-somethings wander parks together on their phones searching for imaginary characters. 

To Gwars credit, commenting on it is juvenile. It's like AOL chat rooms of the 2010s. We all know Brittany sucks and has no talent!(circa 1999)

Fair enough! 

5 hours ago, gwarjis said:

I actually went to school for game design/development and work for a gaming company, so I play lots of video games.

I get your bias in it then. The popularity of it was insane so great for the creators, but the mindless idiots playing it...? They were walking off cliffs or into traffic because they were busy staring at their phones. I'm not saying everyone, but trends like that I'm happy when they die. (on that note, I sound like an angry old man yelling at kids to get off my lawn)

Mail day:

UIcSy1S.jpg

RzCrilQ.jpg

Unfortunately, like the ASG I stripped, the numbers on this one have all three layers stitched through the jersey. This is going to be another tedious strip job.

10 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

And yet his comment was spot on. What, are you 12?! WTF plays Pokemon still or at all? 

You wear and collect hockey jerseys? What are you, 12? 

I mean I'm not into Pokemon but a forum where we all spend thousands of dollars on pretty coloured shirts (sometimes that fellow adults wore and sweat in) to hang in our closets is not the best place to be ridiculing people's dorky interests.

8 hours ago, JackFr said:

You wear and collect hockey jerseys? What are you, 12? 

I mean I'm not into Pokemon but a forum where we all spend thousands of dollars on pretty coloured shirts (sometimes that fellow adults wore and sweat in) to hang in our closets is not the best place to be ridiculing people's dorky interests.

Agreed, you guys are all dorks. ;) 

Guest Dr_Puck

As TBG has called me, I am Dr. Dork. 

On another note, I will be getting a gamer soon that has me so excited, I may go all Facebook and post pics of the box and me opening it. I am that happy to get it. I love the buy it-now option on auctions. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

48 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

As TBG has called me, I am Dr. Dork. 

On another note, I will be getting a gamer soon that has me so excited, I may go all Facebook and post pics of the box and me opening it. I am that happy to get it. I love the buy it-now option on auctions. 

I want a video of from the second you take it from the mailman's hands. If you can skip (with joy) out to his truck while videoing, even better. 

New pickup from Ebay. A 93 NHL All-Star Pat LaFontaine authentic jersey. Could have been one you guys on here that I got it from.

What makes this one interesting is that it was a prize from the 1993-94 Upper Deck McDonald's All-Stars Fantasy Pack card set. It also has an additional NHLPA patch sewn on. From my research some of the instant win prizes from that pack were pretty great, like trips to games, autographed pucks and sticks, etc.

I have no Idea if the customization was done correctly but up close and personal it looks pretty great.

28715399228_bd5b267bb9_b.jpg
28715395058_0c4f1fd834_b.jpg
41868412854_1998b69d72_b.jpg

Awesome jersey, but what a sketchy-Arse looking letter. Looks like it was made up on a typewriter by a serial killer. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Awesome jersey, but what a sketchy-Arse looking letter. Looks like it was made up on a typewriter by a serial killer. 

Lol now that you said that it kinda does. Or like a top secret government document.

I'm the one who edited out the original owners name and address. I should have blacked out more to make it look more the part.

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

best all star jerseys ever imo

would be sick with a #89 in that style

I have to agree with you on this, best all-star jersey ever, it and the TBTC's are awesome. 

5 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I have to agree with you on this, best all-star jersey ever, it and the TBTC's are awesome. 

Yea those are one of my favs or the 2004 are nice as well with all the felt on them . 

1 hour ago, BennGuin1491 said:

Lol now that you said that it kinda does. Or like a top secret government document.

I'm the one who edited out the original owners name and address. I should have blacked out more to make it look more the part.

That’s better. 

Picked up these a couple days ago. Pair of Vladimir Tkachev gamers from 2014/15. Worn in preseason, YoungStars classic, and a rookie game vs U of A.

8o5tbVP.jpg

ncecpMS.jpglmr0jRd.jpg3wq6zHa.jpgO4Ldf6P.jpg

I was also able to photomatch them to some loose threads

q0HSjs3.jpgeADsbev.jpgfiNDRdd.jpg1aktddu.jpgC83163f.jpg8UEzWLF.jpgxCceqlV.jpg

Edited by TheDithyK

I like to think that some of you game worn guys work in the FBI Evidence Unit when you find a picture of a jersey with a single loose thread in action.

Well done. 

Guest Dr_Puck
28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I like to think that some of you game worn guys work in the FBI Evidence Unit when you find a picture of a jersey with a single loose thread in action.

Well done. 

It really is an amazing skill. 

This arrived today. Worn in the 2000-01 preseason by career minor leaguer Jeremiah McCarthy, it has the three patches the Hurricanes wore in 1999-00: NHL2000, Raleigh Arena Inaugural Season, and the Steve Chiasson "3" memorial patch on the shoulder.

hvyKBR9.jpg

MTH6Tmc.jpg

My plan is to strip it and turn it into a Rod Brind'Amour #27, which he wore that season after being acquired from Philly because his usual #17 was already taken.

Not quite my holy grail, but very close!  1996-97 Game Worn Eric Desjardins home w/ "A". According to the original owner, this was a SOTB jersey. It has some nice marks and burns on it, and it's pretty clear that it was worn in multiple games. Really excited to have this one!

1996-97 Game Worn Eric Desjardins, Home

1996-97 Game Worn Eric Desjardins, Home (Back)

Edited by jsh139

Let's keep the game worn train going. I got my GWA haul today. First, a pair of the some of the sharpest NCAA jerseys you'll ever find. A 2001-02 home and 2002-03 road UMaine Black Bears set.

2v2JmMaWnx2YANR.jpg
2v2JmMaCgx2YANR.jpg
2v2JmMaLWx2YANR.jpg
2v2JmMagGx2YANR.jpg

Both have very solid wear with the Greyeyes having a great repair on the front of the stomach. The highlight here though is obviously the beautiful Shawn Walsh shamrock memorial patch on the Cameron Lyall jersey. Shawn, who had brought the Bears to two National Championships in 1993 (42-1-2!) and 1999, died of a rare form of kidney cancer before the season started in 2001.

2v2JmMeuFx2YANR.jpg

Then, one of those magical finds that show up only once in a very long time........a 1988 Spengler Cup USA Selects jersey!

2v2JmMamSx2YANR.jpg
2v2JmMahLx2YANR.jpg

This was the one and only time that an American team had won the Spengler Cup. Ron Wilson....yes, that Ron Wilson...captained the team to the gold medal game where they absolutely thrashed Team Canada 8-1.

2v2JmMewgx2YANR.jpg

Ever since I saw this listed, I've been trying to find out who wore #15 in that tournament but it's very difficult to find accurate roster records and I don't even know for sure if the team used nameplates. Interestingly enough, the year later, Team USA wore a very similar jersey to this BUT with one noticeable difference: a Spengler Cup patch was on the right breast. The above picture clearly shows no patch on the chest so surely this was worn with a gold medal hanging around the neck. Cross another of the USA oddities off my list!