It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

On 6/6/2018 at 10:41 PM, Energy Legs said:

This arrived today. Worn in the 2000-01 preseason by career minor leaguer Jeremiah McCarthy, it has the three patches the Hurricanes wore in 1999-00: NHL2000, Raleigh Arena Inaugural Season, and the Steve Chiasson "3" memorial patch on the shoulder.

hvyKBR9.jpg

MTH6Tmc.jpg

My plan is to strip it and turn it into a Rod Brind'Amour #27, which he wore that season after being acquired from Philly because his usual #17 was already taken.

Very nice. CCM, Koho and Reebok if those styles are hard to find and not often for cheap. Still trying to find a red Reebok to go with my white.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/7/2018 at 7:03 PM, Brilliant! said:

I miss that style. it was unique and had character. They're way too generic now.

Me too. I really hope the Canes change it up for 19-20 since this coming season was too soon for major changes. I liked the direction the home was going and if they keep that style, hope they make the road match. I personally would really like them to add the secondary logo back.

18 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Me too. I really hope the Canes change it up for 19-20 since this coming season was too soon for major changes. I liked the direction the home was going and if they keep that style, hope they make the road match. I personally would really like them to add the secondary logo back.

I agree about having the current road jerseys more closely mirror the home ones. The adidas homes are a big improvement over the last Reebok homes IMO. I was hoping that at least the third jersey would come back with the secondary logo, but the rumors I've heard make me think they're going in a different direction.

@Brilliant!, those Maine jerseys are awesome. I'm surprised how much I like that color combination.

Guest Dr_Puck

A Youngstown Phantoms (USHL) jersey from this year. Yeah, yeah I know it's not an NHL jersey as is common 'round these parts but I have photomatched this to both Youngstown road games in the Clark Cup final. The player scored the OT game winner in game 2 wearing this. This was no doubt worn in regular season games given the wear. There's a lot of heatpressing going on here but it's interesting to note that the crest is made of very flimsy material that's stitched. 

slFN7xjl.jpg

KSFHBVKl.jpg

That's the logo and name of the fireworks chain that is owned by the guy who owns that team. The ultimate advertising patch.

Grabbed a practice jersey from Meigray. Same material as the gamers, but with a screened crest. Has a few pulls and slashes on it. Since defensemen typically wear black, and Shayne Gostisbehere is the only D-Man on the team that wears a 52, I'm gonna tell myself that this was worn by him :lol:

2017-18 Practice Worn

IMG_7886-Edited

18 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Grabbed a practice jersey from Meigray. Same material as the gamers, but with a screened crest. Has a few pulls and slashes on it. Since defensemen typically wear black, and Shayne Gostisbehere is the only D-Man on the team that wears a 52, I'm gonna tell myself that this was worn by him :lol:

So tempted to pick up some jerseys from them, but can't stomach the thought of wearing the teams they have. Really wish there was some way to remove that rubber crest!

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

So tempted to pick up some jerseys from them, but can't stomach the thought of wearing the teams they have. Really wish there was some way to remove that rubber crest!

Yeah, you're kind of limited to the teams they contract with.

Is this considered a pickup? There is no chance loose Frozen Fenway patches come up on the secondhand market so I took matters into my own hands and had a few made for my Davies jersey. I photo matched the jersey and it was clearly used throughout the season including the FF game which left glue outlines from the patch. Going to have this stitched on, but for the time being I'm stoked on how they turned out!!

1528941515935-vi.jpg

1524090241603-vi.jpg

13 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

There is no chance loose Frozen Fenway patches come up on the secondhand market so I took matters into my own hands and had a few made for my Davies jersey

Whoever did those patches for you they did a great job!

4 hours ago, BennGuin1491 said:

Whoever did those patches for you they did a great job!

Thanks! I'm definitely happy with how they turned out. I probably would have been safe making them 1/2" larger, but they're fine as-is. Now hopefully I can sell a few to make back some of the money it cost to make them! haha! Definitely not planning on breaking even, but am happy to have this jersey 'complete'

It's rookie jersey day for me.  This was the longest I've waited for Keener but worth the wait...

81-82 Francis

42085940294_933feacc8b_k.jpg

42754164952_dbbf2d1d9b_k.jpg

85-86 Casey

28930409278_8360ce139a_k.jpg

27934968717_ee274ef2a3_k.jpg

91-92 Lidstrom, wanted this jersey ever since I laid eyes on it in the jersey book!

28930407078_c11533e72d_k.jpg

27934965287_471a7d6b0c_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

It’s the same jersey!  ?

Yes, thanks, same one.  After watching the videos it got me even more excited to get it back.  Keener did some great work, yet again.

It's definitely the same jersey. It does look green in that instagram pic... for sure the lighting.:lol:

Best part was no worries finding matching mesh since they didn't use nameplates on the Whalers.

2 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Two of note,

‘99-00 New Jersey Devils Brodeur Pro Player GC‘99-00 New Jersey Devils Brodeur Pro Player GC‘95-96 Montreal Canadiens Roy CCM GC‘95-96 Montreal Canadiens Roy CCM GC

Perhaps #1 and #2 of all time. Very nice. 

You score extra points for finding a goalie cut ProPlayer Devils. If that’s the one that was on eBay a couple months back, you outbid me (I only bid the “if it stays that low, nobody but me should have it” price, which was promptly exceeded.). 

Then I just did a Brodeur on a regular ProPlayer, since I don’t like wearing goalie jerseys. 

5 minutes ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Ha, well that was my auction, so it went on holiday for a bit but then I regained my sanity and brought it back home.

Even better!!

Got a nice haul today.  Thanks @Brilliant! for getting these done for me!!

2005-06 Donald Brashear, third

2005-06 Donald Brashear

2005-06 Donald Brashear (Back)

1991-92 Mark Messier, road

1991-92 Rangers Mark Messier

1991-92 Rangers Mark Messier (Back)

1994-95 Doug Gilmour, road

1993-94 Maple Leafs Doug Gilmour

1993-94 Maple Leafs Doug Gilmour (Back)

Edited by jsh139