Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/8/2018 at 8:32 PM, mfitz804 said:

If he won’t take it back AND he will give you a refund, then he definitely knew it was fake. 

He’s fighting with me now. I’m saying that the condition of the jersey is immaterial since he said he’d give me a refund without a return. 

Why do I have a feeling that this is going to end with me disputing the charge with my credit card company?

9 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

He’s fighting with me now. I’m saying that the condition of the jersey is immaterial since he said he’d give me a refund without a return. 

Why do I have a feeling that this is going to end with me disputing the charge with my credit card company?

That's how i resolved a dispute with a seller of a counterfeit jersey.  Provided photos of what was advertised versus what I received, as well as some communication where the seller tried to advise me on fooling other by reselling it. I think I had my money back in about two weeks. I also had someone from the NHL confirming the seller was not affiliated and probably scamming people. Might be more difficult in your situation but good luck.

14 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Just now, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

That's how i resolved a dispute with a seller of a counterfeit jersey.  Provided photos of what was advertised versus what I received, as well as some communication where the seller tried to advise me on fooling other by reselling it. I think I had my money back in about two weeks. I also had someone from the NHL confirming the seller was not affiliated and probably scamming people. Might be more difficult in your situation but good luck.

I would think such a claim would be tough, as the credit card company is not knowledgeable and I can't see them getting involved in whether or not a jersey is authentic. 

However, I would think an eBay "not as described" claim would go pretty easily. If the issue is that you removed the Captain's C, you might want to go to the tailor and have it put back on for a couple bucks. It kind of looks weird that you removed it like you were planning on keeping it, only to realize it was fake later. They could argue it's not, and that would be evidence in their favor. You obviously believed it was real when you removed the letter. 

Is he now refusing a refund even if you return it?

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would think such a claim would be tough, as the credit card company is not knowledgeable and I can't see them getting involved in whether or not a jersey is authentic. 

However, I would think an eBay "not as described" claim would go pretty easily. If the issue is that you removed the Captain's C, you might want to go to the tailor and have it put back on for a couple bucks. It kind of looks weird that you removed it like you were planning on keeping it, only to realize it was fake later. They could argue it's not, and that would be evidence in their favor. You obviously believed it was real when you removed the letter. 

Is he now refusing a refund even if you return it?

Yeah in my case, the emails with the seller showing and further encouraging dishonesty as well as the NHL commenting on their distribution policies was all I needed. I can see this eBay transaction being tricky with theCC company.

35 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

It seems that way. I’m waiting for his latest response. 

Was this an eBay sale?  Did you pay with Paypal?

If it's either of those or both just open the claim against them and get your money back.  They will side with you 100%.  If you removing the C is an issue just get some fabric adhesive spray, put some on the back of the C and stick it back in place. 

8 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Was this an eBay sale?  Did you pay with Paypal?

If it's either of those or both just open the claim against them and get your money back.  They will side with you 100%.  If you removing the C is an issue just get some fabric adhesive spray, put some on the back of the C and stick it back in place. 

Yes, it was eBay. I paid PayPal with my credit card. 

19 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Yes, it was eBay. I paid PayPal with my credit card. 

Then an eBay/PayPal claim will be successful and way easier than a claim with your credit card. 

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Then an eBay/PayPal claim will be successful and way easier than a claim with your credit card. 

Yes, 100%.  Don’t bother even contacting your credit card provider.  Just open the claim through eBay saying the product is counterfeit and they will side with you almost immediately.  I don’t even think they’ll make you return the jersey.  If they don’t let the seller know you’re throwing it in the trash because they were being such a d ouce 

On 9/9/2018 at 2:16 PM, SnakeOiler12 said:

@HockeyMusic -- great batch of jerseys. Where did you get the Leafs ones done? 

Our resident Leafs fan @TMLFAN did the kits

Keener sewed them down for me.

9 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Team Issued adidas ADIZERO Made in Canada ... the jerseys we all want, but can't have. 

And then you put  Sakic on it......... and totally redeem yourself !

Tell me about it!  Before I spotted it on eBay, I was about at the point where I wanted to just find the Avs Equipment Manager on LinkedIn and send him a message directly to see how I could buy a blank off them.  Still in the market to find the white away, might still try that.

9 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Should I give the guy an ultimatum? I’m thinking of telling him that I’ll file a claim with eBay if he doesn’t refund me within 48 hours. 

No, I'd just file it if he doesn't answer within 48 hours. He'll likely be more inclined to resolve it after you've filed. Otherwise it comes off like you're looking to strong-arm him into resolving it your way. If he was going to do that, he'd have answered before the 48 hour window closes.

Just let eBay resolve it their way. 

3 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

F*ck it, I’m filing a claim Thursday morning if he doesn’t refund me. 

He’d be totally within his rights to ask you to ship it back first, but if you don’t hear from him, go for it. I wouldn’t even wait that long honestly. 

19 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Our resident Leafs fan @TMLFAN did the kits

Keener sewed them down for me.

Totally forgot I did those.  Give the jerseys to me next time for stitching, no shipping charge and I would have put the Centennial Classic numbers on right.

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He’d be totally within his rights to ask you to ship it back first, but if you don’t hear from him, go for it. I wouldn’t even wait that long honestly. 

I'd just file now, they're not going to refund you so why waste more time.  Even if they asked to ship the jersey back I wouldn't unless they pay for the shipping charge or eBay withheld the refund until it was returned.  For a counterfeit item I am pretty sure eBay won't make you send it back, they will just refund you.

23 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Totally forgot I did those.  Give the jerseys to me next time for stitching, no shipping charge and I would have put the Centennial Classic numbers on right.

I'd just file now, they're not going to refund you so why waste more time.  Even if they asked to ship the jersey back I wouldn't unless they pay for the shipping charge or eBay withheld the refund until it was returned.  For a counterfeit item I am pretty sure eBay won't make you send it back, they will just refund you.

That's interesting, but I would think that where buyer says fake, seller says real, eBay is not going to make a judgment on who is right. They are just going to direct the return and the seller will refund upon receipt. 

27 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

He offered me a refund of my price before shipping. 

With or without shipping the item back? eBay usually makes you way shipping one way if they make you return it, you may want to factor that in.