It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

36 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I don’t think he’s asking for a return. 

Whatever you spent total is what you should get back.  If the total cost with shipping was $100 you should get $100 back.

After that if eBay forces you to send it back then you will have to pay that cost to mail it back (take pictures of package and use tracking with signature).  I’m almost positive though that if it’s decided it’s counterfeit you won’t have to send it back.  You can send eBay pics of the fake and pics of a real jersey to show it’s fake if it comes to that.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Whatever you spent total is what you should get back.  If the total cost with shipping was $100 you should get $100 back.

After that if eBay forces you to send it back then you will have to pay that cost to mail it back (take pictures of package and use tracking with signature).  I’m almost positive though that if it’s decided it’s counterfeit you won’t have to send it back.  You can send eBay pics of the fake and pics of a real jersey to show it’s fake if it comes to that.

Keep in mind, it was authentic-looking enough to fool the purchaser initially, enough so that he removed the captain's C as part of his project. 

I really don't see eBay getting involved in looking at pictures and determining whether or not a jersey is fake. Even if they did, I have no confidence that they will look at them close enough to tell the differences. After all, not many people are as crazy as us in scrutinizing these things. If its a black jersey, they may just see a black jersey and say its fine. They aren't going to assess material types, stitching, etc.

I see it being resolved by them forcing the seller to accept the return, which is what they usually do. And in that case, they make you pay for the shipping one way. 

In my opinion, you're going to wind up in the same place either way, and you'll be stuck for the shipping one way. How much was the original shipping cost? As hard as it is to take a few dollars of a loss, sometimes its worth it to just be done with it. 

9 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

The total cost was $46.35 plus $13.65 for shipping. 

That’s too high of a percentage of the overall price to not be pissed about having to pay. I would take my chances with eBay, hopefully I’m wrong and they just refund you all of your money.

If you filed a not as described case then you should get the full amount back.

29 minutes ago, OR68 said:

If you filed a not as described case then you should get the full amount back.

Not in my experience. You get the full amount you paid back, but returning the item to the seller is your own cost. 

If you file a not as described then ebay either forces the seller to send you a return label or they will give you a refund in full from the seller if they refuse to do so. It’s apart of their “money back guarantee”.

37 minutes ago, OR68 said:

If you file a not as described then ebay either forces the seller to send you a return label or they will give you a refund in full from the seller if they refuse to do so. It’s apart of their “money back guarantee”.

That’s a better policy, but that has not been my experience. 

2 hours ago, OR68 said:

So should I decline his offer and tell him I want a full refund?

Does anyone have a Byfuglien jersey from the Hawks days?  I  was looking at getting one done up.  I need to know how long the nameplate is?  Hopefully the piece of edge material I have is big enough.  If anyone could help me out it would be appreciated!

12397_zpsomn8o4w0.jpg

1 hour ago, Hawks2797 said:

Does anyone have a Byfuglien jersey from the Hawks days?  I  was looking at getting one done up.  I need to know how long the nameplate is?  Hopefully the piece of edge material I have is big enough.  If anyone could help me out it would be appreciated!

12397_zpsomn8o4w0.jpg

I'd say if it is over 20 inches you should be good.

5 hours ago, vadarx said:

I'd say if it is over 20 inches you should be good.

1 hour ago, AlereFlammam said:

That’s what she said

I am so, so proud of you. 

1st new jersey in ages. Got it from MeiGray ebay store. Devil's retro jersey. Did they ever wear this with the NHL 100 Anniversary patch?

XVnlFzm.jpg

Edited by Krendelev

Yes they did, on 2 retro nights in 2016/17.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Yes they did, on 2 retro nights in 2016/17.

Cool, thank you.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That is correct. 

MeiGray still has some

Thank you, for some reason I didn't even think of looking at their site to check about the patch.

2 hours ago, Krendelev said:

Thank you, for some reason I didn't even think of looking at their site to check about the patch.

Me too, I did a Google Image search and found it that way lol.