It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Well...if I am going to own a Predators jersey, it might as well be an inaugural season Bauer jersey:

1998-99 Tomas Vokoun Nashville Predators Home Inaugural Season Jersey Size 56 with  properly kiss-cut numbers.

1998-99 Tomas Vokoun Nashville Predators Home Inaugural Season Jersey Front1998-99 Tomas Vokoun Nashville Predators Home Inaugural Season Jersey Back

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Well...if I am going to own a Predators jersey, it might as well be an inaugural season Bauer jersey:

1998-99 Tomas Vokoun Nashville Predators Home Inaugural Season Jersey Size 56 with  properly kiss-cut numbers.

holy sh t, that is 100 times cooler than what they have now .  design, logo , colors, number font, everything is just unique !

And man do i miss seeing CCM, Starter, Bauer and the orange NHL shield on the back hem.... looks so awesome compared to the shiny silver they now have on the front .

Edited by tomtucker

Love the Preds jersey, so cool that they wore Bauer.  I could be wrong but I believe they were the only team to do that and it wasn't for very long. Nice find in a size 56, I've seen 48s but nothing in bigger sizes in my searches.

They wore Bauer in their inaugural season only. That was the last year that you had more than 2 manufacturers (CCM, Starter, Nike, Bauer). Then for the following season, CCM and Pro Player split the league. The Pro Player went out of business and CCM took the entire league. IIRC, SP made the Nike and Bauer jerseys. 

11 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

They wore Bauer in their inaugural season only. That was the last year that you had more than 2 manufacturers (CCM, Starter, Nike, Bauer). Then for the following season, CCM and Pro Player split the league. The Pro Player went out of business and CCM took the entire league. IIRC, SP made the Nike and Bauer jerseys. 

After ProPlayer, the Devils wore CCM whites and  Koho reds.

58 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

Also, I think Bauer was owned by Nike, but while Nike supplied Detroit, Chicago and a few other "better teams", almost seemed as though they didn't want their logo on an expansion team's shirts.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Pro Player Wild

Guaranteed to be a foul no matter whose name I put on it.

Might as well go with Gretzky #99 then. 

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

After ProPlayer, the Devils wore CCM whites and  Koho reds.

CCM tagged the white jerseys for ALL teams and their sister company's logo of Koho on darks and thirds, with a few exceptions until the strike year, then they tagged them all as Reebok. All the same ownership and manufacture. I left that out for brevity, but if you feel the need to correct people or play the semantics game then have at it. 

2 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

CCM tagged the white jerseys for ALL teams and their sister company's logo of Koho on darks and thirds, with a few exceptions until the strike year, then they tagged them all as Reebok. All the same ownership and manufacture. I left that out for brevity, but if you feel the need to correct people or play the semantics game then have at it. 

It’s just a fact, the jerseys was Koho. You made a point out of saying that SP made the Nike’s and Bauers but didn’t say anything about the Kohos.

I don’t “feel the need to correct people”, but this is a discussion forum. If something that’s discussed is inaccurate, expect someone to say something. It’s not your first day here, you know that already. 

It's baaaAAAaaack and asking more than he was before. 
Good luck buddy! ?

Just seeing it makes me glad I got my $ back 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Doug-Gilmour-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-NHL-CCM-Maska-Authentic-Jersey-Size-54/223162530859?hash=item33f585fc2b:g:5mAAAOSwnqpbqpA5

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's baaaAAAaaack and asking more than he was before. 
Good luck buddy! ?

Just seeing it makes me glad I got my $ back 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Doug-Gilmour-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-NHL-CCM-Maska-Authentic-Jersey-Size-54/223162530859?hash=item33f585fc2b:g:5mAAAOSwnqpbqpA5

Wait... You paid actual currency for this? 

7 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

The Dudes back!

He paid actual money for it and I was going to too.  My offer came in at $25 under hockey bob's so I was the lucky one I guess.

I thought it could be salvaged with a strip and cleanup but Bob's now confirmed that's not the case.  At least not for how much the seller will let it go for.

The Dude is Back!!!!!!

That Leafs jersey was actually on sale for $124.99 for a short time.  I offered $50 because of how trashed it is, I was hoping it could be salvaged, I am glad they pulled it a relisted it $249.99. I couldn't believe it sold for around that much. And I am even happier that you got your money back.

34 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

The Dude is Back!!!!!!

I will assume he was pinned beneath a pile of jerseys that fell over and he was only discovered by a neighbor when he sent up smoke signals by throwing something in his heat press. 

It's the only reasonable explanation for his absence. 

Edited by mfitz804

13 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

I hadn't bought anything in a while and figured it would be a good challenge of my skills to salvage (just trying to do my part)

The seller said he accidentially discounted it to $125 and it sold.
He cancelled it on somebody who didn't know how lucky they were - that thing is beat.

I tried to get him to do a partial refund and I'd give it a go, he never responded so I'm surprised he actually refunded the full total

Dodged a scrapper - Phew

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Wait...you’re still alive???

Good to see you!

Hey buddy. Been a while.