It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Devils Retro 2.0 Hanglider (I mean, goalie cut). I mean, if I’m gonna collect Brodeur jerseys, maybe GC is the way I should be doing that. 

44969675091_79ee3766a3_b.jpg44969675031_e7dbcfb857_b.jpg

ABOUTFUCKINGTIME!!!!!!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

ABOUTFUCKINGTIME!!!!!!

Isn't it though? Wish it was a 58+G and a little longer in the body, but it's still pretty nice, and I will glide safely to my car from the roof of my building after work. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Isn't it though? Wish it was a 58+G and a little longer in the body, but it's still pretty nice, and I will glide safely to my car from the roof of my building after work. 

Nobody should go half-Marty. You go full-Marty, or you don’t know how to party. 

Obligatory “That’s what she said”-comment. 

I shall echo my admiration for the USA Roenick. Not only is it a cool choice with #17 but that is my all-time favorite USA style. It's the perfect blend of older colors and modern(for the late 80's anyway) patterning.

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Nobody should go half-Marty. You go full-Marty, or you don’t know how to party. 

Obligatory “That’s what she said”-comment. 

Doing my work for me.

The judges would also have accepted “that’s what his sister in law said”. 

Edited by mfitz804

On 9/28/2018 at 11:00 AM, mfitz804 said:

Devils Retro 2.0 Hanglider (I mean, goalie cut). I mean, if I’m gonna collect Brodeur jerseys, maybe GC is the way I should be doing that. 

Nice man! I've had one of those blanks for a while...Need to get it done. Thanks for the reminder. 

3 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Nice man! I've had one of those blanks for a while...Need to get it done. Thanks for the reminder. 

I never have that kind of patience. Most of my blanks are boxed up and sent out the day I get them!

Took a 7 hour road trip to Scotiabank Arena in Toronto today. The Leafs havnt sold a gamer since 2014 and finally agreed to start cleaning out the goods. 

The only gamers sold today were 2015-2016 sets. The more current style Reebok and Adidas with the new logo will be auctioned off on Saturday nights this season. 

I went with a goal of bringing home a Connor Brown gamer and almost missed out. They had 2 Brown gamers in a glass case sort of out of view. After scowering the racks of gamers, I gave up and grabbed a Kadri and Reilly HHOF induction patched gamers...Luckily, I wandered into the corner where the practice jerseys were and bam...spotted the Brown jerseys in the case!

My budget only allowed 2 jerseys so I put the Kadri back. 

So...got 2 of my favorite Leafs today. Very excited to add these and well worth the pilgrimage to the Mecca of hockey. (that's right... I said it.)

2015-2016 Morgan Rielly HHOF induction patched gamer. 

20180929_16024720180929_160311

2015-2016 Connor Brown rookie season alternate. 

20180929_16015520180929_160222

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I never have that kind of patience. Most of my blanks are boxed up and sent out the day I get them!

I've got a few 2.0s to get done... I keep putting them on the back burner but they'll get done eventually. 

I too was at the Leafs equipment sale. Went hoping to walk away with a game issued/worn Adizero jersey, told to wait until November for the 17-18 stuff to be available. Came away with a set of socks and a helmet numbered 83.

IMG_0785_zpsynikg98t.jpg

Just now, SnakeOiler12 said:

Nice Leafs pickups boys! 

So none of the Stadium Series, Centennial Classic, St Pat's or Arenas styles were made available yet then? 

Yup, none of the above. They've got some catching up to do since 15/16. They said when stuff hits the MLSE auction it means the rest of the set should be in the store too.

5 minutes ago, galvinwong said:

Yup, none of the above. They've got some catching up to do since 15/16. They said when stuff hits the MLSE auction it means the rest of the set should be in the store too.

It's going to be an expensive season... Lol

3 hours ago, galvinwong said:

Thanks man. Will the auctions be in-arena only or will they have an online option? 

2 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Thanks man. Will the auctions be in-arena only or will they have an online option? 

IIRC the last auction they did (Bower warmup set) it was online with the option to pick-up in arena. I'm assuming it would be the same. 

18 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

It's going to be an expensive season... Lol

Yeah seriously. If those Arenas go up, will be tough to hold back. 

5 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Yeah seriously. If those Arenas go up, will be tough to hold back. 

For sure. I want one too. 

14 hours ago, galvinwong said:

IIRC the last auction they did (Bower warmup set) it was online with the option to pick-up in arena. I'm assuming it would be the same. 

Brandon mentioned something along the lines of auctioning them off through the official Maple Leafs App.  They will also have a booth at the sports card and memorabilia show that's held at the international centre at the beginning of November.  About time the best fan base in hockey is finally able to get their hands on quality made in Canada jerseys.

Here's a completely BLANK, blank jersey.  I had Keener bring it to life by doing up the crest, shoulder patches and numbers.  I think he enjoyed this project and even sewed down both layers on all crests and numbers like they did more commonly back in the day.

Then I had a mini embroidery job done to add the Pedersons tail tag making it essentially an 83-84 re-make.  I was lucky to track down a blank North Stars with authentic features, I'm thinking the only other way to get one of these is to find the gamer which is next to impossible.

Casey wore #1 for his first 2 games (including his first W) as he signed as an undrafted free agent out of college after leading North Dakota to an NCAA championship. 

Size 54 Minnesota North Stars Casey #1, here's how it started right through to completion.

42490492995_9bd117fb1f_k.jpg

30482675758_d07f306936_z.jpg

44992951502_e3d40411c5_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

24 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:
1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Looks like someone has been gone so long, they forgot how to quote/post correctly.