It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Speaking of Keener....got a few more done with him.

1994-95 Mikael Renberg Flyers size 54

Got the signed number kit and had Keener apply them - I have a signed Lindros and a signed Renberg now.  Anyone have a signed LeClair kit to complete the trio??

20181011_20550320181011_205556

2000-01 Patrick Roy Avalanche size 58G

Traded my 60G for this on the facebook groups.  I saw someone had a 58G and Roy actually wore a 58G so I preferred this

20181011_20512720181011_205348

2017-18 Alex Ovechkin Capitals size 58 SCF jersey - Made in Canada

20181011_20413820181011_204239

2016 Hockey Hall of Fame game (Leafs v. Flyers) warmup jersey - triple patched!

20181011_20473520181011_204831

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful pickups fellas. Glad that Lemieux Team Canada worked out J! 

1 hour ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Man I want a Ovi MIC bad, please can I be the first port of call if it goes on the chopping block.

No problem.  I don't plan on parting with that anytime soon though :)

Funny thing about the Caps jersey is that the numbers (back and sleeve) are kiss cut, but the name is layered twill.

At least that is how it was on the jersey from the name I stripped from it.

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

No problem.  I don't plan on parting with that anytime soon though :)

Funny thing about the Caps jersey is that the numbers (back and sleeve) are kiss cut, but the name is layered twill.

At least that is how it was on the jersey from the name I stripped from it.

I'll have to get some kind of rare Lindros or Roy to use as leverage ;) 

2 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Yep, that's how the Caps do it. I presume it's because trying to do a kiss-cut name would be difficult because of how small the letters are.

5 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Man I want a Ovi MIC bad, please can I be the first port of call if it goes on the chopping block.

I have a Caps MIC, sz 58, #78 (with LOA) up in the Trading Post, if it might work for you:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/topic/8463-londongardens-sale-caps-adidas-mic-5-nice-reebok-premier-stl-wc-caps-3rd-nyr-h-mn-sj/

6 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Yep, that's how the Caps do it. I presume it's because trying to do a kiss-cut name would be difficult because of how small the letters are.

EPS does that for UND jerseys as well. I think you're right. It's just easier to stack the letters.

A few nice ones from the last couple of months.

Finally got my hands on one of these.

DSCF1561 2DSCF1569 2

This is a huge stick tap to TMLFAN for sourcing a correct sized patch and the doing some twill work with the blue border to get it to look as close to the original as possible. Kit & sewing to boot.

DSCF1511 2DSCF1525 2

Nothing special or rare but he’s my favourite player, and rookie jerseys are always the best

DSCF1367 2DSCF1380 2

Speaking of rookies...

DSCF1457 2DSCF1462 2

7 hours ago, tomtucker said:

3 questions ?

so that ovi was a number 3, must have been expensive, first the purchase, then strip job and adding ovi 8 ?

who was number 3 by the way? and was it game worn?

Probably a MeiGray game-issued purchased at $225, these strip super easy, I’ve stripped a few of the new Adidas and only one was difficult, so probably free there, then probably $80 for the Ovi Kit, so probably $300-$325 all in.....pretty good for a brand new Adidas Ovi MIC...

2 hours ago, KB67 said:

Probably a MeiGray game-issued purchased at $225, these strip super easy, I’ve stripped a few of the new Adidas and only one was difficult, so probably free there, then probably $80 for the Ovi Kit, so probably $300-$325 all in.....pretty good for a brand new Adidas Ovi MIC...

Were they selling GI that cheap? Cheapest Devils available was $395. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Were they selling GI that cheap? Cheapest Devils available was $395. 

Yeah, Caps, Oilers, CBJ, Flyers, Bruins could all be had for as low as $225. VGK and NJD were the only ones that were more.....VGK for obvious reasons and NJD, who knows? Maybe because they’re the hometown team for MeiGray?

1 minute ago, KB67 said:

Yeah, Caps, Oilers, CBJ, Flyers, Bruins could all be had for as low as $225. VGK and NJD were the only ones that were more.....VGK for obvious reasons and NJD, who knows? Maybe because they’re the hometown team for MeiGray?

Or because of the re-design maybe...first new one in 25 years. Who knows. All I know is I spent a lot. 

Waiting for the discounts to apply before picking up a road jersey. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Or because of the re-design maybe...first new one in 25 years. Who knows. All I know is I spent a lot. 

Waiting for the discounts to apply before picking up a road jersey. 

Yeah, I’d like to pick up an away VGK, but not going to drop $700 on a jersey to strip it.....hopefully after they finish bottom 5 in the league this year the cool factor wears off.

1 hour ago, KB67 said:

Yeah, I’d like to pick up an away VGK, but not going to drop $700 on a jersey to strip it.....hopefully after they finish bottom 5 in the league this year the cool factor wears off.

Yikes $700 would be a lot. Mine was $395, still a lot for a jersey you are going to strip, but I looked at it as what I would have spent on two jerseys, instead I’m getting one plus the novelty of having a MIC Adidas before most others (the game worn collectors, of course, got theirs too).

That rationalization worked for me. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yikes $700 would be a lot. Mine was $395, still a lot for a jersey you are going to strip, but I looked at it as what I would have spent on two jerseys, instead I’m getting one plus the novelty of having a MIC Adidas before most others (the game worn collectors, of course, got theirs too).

That rationalization worked for me. 

Jersification at its finest!

9 hours ago, KB67 said:

Yeah, Caps, Oilers, CBJ, Flyers, Bruins could all be had for as low as $225. 

Was this a particular deal? I don’t see any that cheap anymore 

28 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Was this a particular deal? I don’t see any that cheap anymore 

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/ItemDetail.aspx?inventoryid=92673

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/ItemDetail.aspx?inventoryid=92277

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/ItemDetail.aspx?inventoryid=93239

Theres still some for pretty much every team...

Edited by KB67

10 hours ago, KB67 said:

Fans of those teams have nothing to complain about. Just buy one and strip it, still cheaper than anticipated retail prices!