It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

There could be a way out of that one for you if you decide that’s what needs to happen. 

I had never noticed that black band at the bottom of the jersey before, I guess it gets hidden with the black pants.....I like it...

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, KB67 said:

I had never noticed that black band at the bottom of the jersey before, I guess it gets hidden with the black pants.....I like it...

It’s a source of much consternation for some Devils fans, but I agree with you. 

- LA Kings Roman Vopat Stanley Cup Playoffs 97/98 GI (jersey does have some marks, pulls and blood stains)

- Pittsburgh Penguins Steve MacIntyre 2013 GI (unfortunately with only one fight strap, instead of the usual two)

20181214_141411

20181214_141534

20181214_141637

20181214_141730

On 12/14/2018 at 12:16 AM, KB67 said:

That little black band is supposed to be a nod to the old Newark Bulldogs who played in the Canadian American Hockey League in the 1920's.

I kid you not that is the official line from the Devils

Edited by Devilsguy

6 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

That little black band is supposed to be a nod to the old Newark Bulldogs who played in the Canadian American Hockey League in the 1920's.

I kid you not that is the official line from the Devils

IMG_4763.JPG

That is the official line. However, I still believe that story was made up after it was designed. A single black stripe at the bottom, where the Bulldogs jersey had multiple black stripes, and based on the hem seam in that picture, it was gray at the bottom. 

That said, now I want a Bulldogs jersey. 

On 12/13/2018 at 10:17 PM, mfitz804 said:

There could be a way out of that one for you if you decide that’s what needs to happen. 

Leggo my Eggo, sir. 

22 minutes ago, furiousd said:

SWIPER NO SWIPING

I've seen more of that show than I care to admit. 😶

Uh huh. It’s been years since my daughter watched it, but it stays with you. It’s like the herpes of kids’ shows. 

On 12/14/2018 at 9:03 AM, cjerina said:

Got this recently... no idea who 'Crane' is, but photomatched to its previous wearer, Kasperi Kapanen.

I picked up the McParland (fits my collection loosely because McParland was in the Caps training camp a few years back).  It was a Brendan Leipsic recycled jersey with the "A" removed.  I also have a pic of McParland wearing it in a preseason AHL game.  I hope I can find a Leipsic photo match.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:45 PM, NYIJM29 said:

Did I need it? No. Did I buy it anyway? Unfortunately. 

20181211_200742

20181213_210113

Did I need it? Absolutely. Did I buy it anyway? Hell yeah I did. 

Thanks to my man NYIJM29 for recognizing the opportunity to get out when he wasn't fully in. 

Here's more pictures of the identical jersey because I love redundancy. 

46306310292_508340caab_b.jpg

46306310302_e7e719a923_b.jpg

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Did I need it? Absolutely. Did I buy it anyway? Hell yeah I did. 

Thanks to my man NYIJM29 for recognizing the opportunity to get out when he wasn't fully in. 

Here's more pictures of the identical jersey because I love redundancy. 

46306310292_508340caab_b.jpg

46306310302_e7e719a923_b.jpg

Jerk. 

It’s a backup worn. The stitching is, as Devilsguy has previously indicated, WAY better than the stitching on the one I got from last year’s set, with the exception of the HHOF patch, which is sloppily sewn in comparison. 

That said, very happy to have this one, and they are even nicer in person. 

9 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Very cool! Your first “actually worn by a player” jersey? 

Pretty much! I had a couple others in passing (mostly ECHL or AHL), but as far as NHL goes, yes. Though, of course, had it only been Game Issued, it wouldn’t have impacted my decision. 

When I have a few moments I’m going to do a comparison of a Reebok 58G, Reebok 58+, and their Adidas counterparts. A teaser? They are not alike. 

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Pretty much! I had a couple others in passing (mostly ECHL or AHL), but as far as NHL goes, yes. Though, of course, had it only been Game Issued, it wouldn’t have impacted my decision. 

When I have a few moments I’m going to do a comparison of a Reebok 58G, Reebok 58+, and their Adidas counterparts. A teaser? They are not alike. 

Nice, congrats!

Yeah, I'm disappointed with the Adidas jerseys.  I realized just how much more I liked 2.0s after getting a few of them. The Air-Knit fabric, the collar, the crest.  Pretty much everything feels higher quality on the Edge 2.0.

It's funny how the Edge jerseys received a LOT of negative feedback compared to the 6100 style but now that the Adidas junk is out the 2.0's are looking better.
I wonder what's coming next that will make the Adidas jerseys look good. 

Thinking about investing in tissue paper and lace  

25 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's funny how the Edge jerseys received a LOT of negative feedback compared to the 6100 style but now that the Adidas junk is out the 2.0's are looking better.
I wonder what's coming next that will make the Adidas jerseys look good. 

This is exactly what happened for me. 6100's are still my favorite, but I have a much greater appreciation for Edge jerseys now than I did previously. I'm only bothering with the Adidas because the Devils did a re-design, and they have some good players who are only appropriate on Adidas. 

59 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Pretty much everything feels higher quality on the Edge 2.0.

44 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

the Adidas junk is out the 2.0's are looking better.

So has some of the shine worn off the MiC Adidas?  I thought the reviews were pretty uniformly positive back when they started to trickle out.  (I still have never seen an MiC NHL in person.)