Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Are you sure about that?  I'm no expert on Premiers, but all the ones I've seen have the vector embroidered directly into the Premier fabric, which is not the same material as the legit Edge vector patch.  You'd literally have to cut a hole in the Premier to remove the vector, which isn't a patch.

Interesting. I’ve been told otherwise. 

Oh well, I’ll probably just buy the patch by itself. It’ll be cheaper that way. 

Also, my latest arrival:

1PGFpPu.jpg

Got it as an OBO $50 plus I had $15 in eBay Bucks. It’s a factory-customized Trent Hunter so it’s going to be stripped. Sadly, it’s another three-layer with all three stitched directly to the jersey.

7 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Also, my latest arrival:

Sadly, it’s another three-layer with all three stitched directly to the jersey.

Oh man, looking at those globs of stitches on the nameplate letters reminds me of a factory-lettered job I just finished 2 weeks ago.  Took forever to cut through all those stitches.  Plus, in addition to each of three layers being individually stitched directly to the jersey, I had to deal with three additional rows of straight stitching on each character!  You can’t just run the seam ripper through those like on zigzag stitches.  Looked like this:

FactoryLettering

Took me around an hour and a half to remove each number!  Worst stripping job I’ve ever had; hope yours isn’t as much trouble!

Yeah, but if the thread is really thin like on mine, it's tough to cut through a ball of stitches with threads that thin.  The letter might just cling to the jersey by the corner until you cut through every last thread.  I ended up tearing a couple of small holes in the fabric because of that.  Again, I hope your threads are thicker and easier to remove...

EDIT:  Whoops, I misunderstood what you meant about the paper backing- if that white stuff is paper and not threads, then you'll be fine.  Just ignore what I said above!  ☺️

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Yeah, but if the thread is really thin like on mine, it's tough to cut through a ball of stitches with threads that thin.  The letter might just cling to the jersey by the corner until you cut through every last thread.  I ended up tearing a couple of small holes in the fabric because of that.  Again, I hope your threads are thicker and easier to remove...

EDIT:  Whoops, I misunderstood what you meant about the paper backing- if that white stuff is paper and not threads, then you'll be fine.  Just ignore what I said above!  ☺️

Yeah, here’s a closeup:

uQDOXE1.jpg

It's unfortunate that they would stitch the letters through both the nameplate and jersey.  Would have made your task easier if they hadn't done that.  I still hope that mess at the bottom of the T is just paper and not the machine running the threads over and over in the same place.  And it looks like you might possibly have some straight stitching to remove from the nameplate edges as well.

It is paper. The good news is that, while it will be a daunting and time consuming strip job, everything will almost certainly fall right off. The machine-stitched stuff is rarely sealed well.

With all the talk about customization removal, I forgot to give some props for that beautiful Caps jersey!!!   That thing looks to be in amazing shape!

11 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

With all the talk about customization removal, I forgot to give some props for that beautiful Caps jersey!!!   That thing looks to be in amazing shape!

Got the right player on it also!!

5 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

It is paper. The good news is that, while it will be a daunting and time consuming strip job, everything will almost certainly fall right off. The machine-stitched stuff is rarely sealed well.

Yep. I've done several of these and they strip cleanly.

1999-2000 Bourque Pro Player size 52 - I needed a Bourque in the collection and knew a rookie would be tough to find and the cost could get a little crazy so I went for a somewhat rare pro player 3rd jersey from Bourque's final season in Boston.  I've owned the Starter version of this jersey and have to say I much prefer the pro player flo knit. Thanks @cowboys for making this available.

46205330334_2a0d9a948f_k.jpg

46205328754_3392f1eda6_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

Picked this up from the MLSE auction (Sorry for pulling a Price is Right snipe @Phil the Thrill - I outbid him by $1)

Toronto Arenas McElhinney GI - My plan is to make this an Andersen since I don't have any Andersen jerseys yet and as a bonus, Andersen and McElhinney wore the same size (60G)

20190123_11265820190123_112750

Edited by HockeyMusic

Alright, so the Isles stripped cleanly. It was a quick removal (relatively speaking) since it wasn't a double digit number. The imprints from the numbers/name/plate are still there but the jersey is ~15 years old so that stuff has been on there for a while. Running it through the wash should help.

4 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Picked this up from the MLSE auction (Sorry for pulling a Price is Right snipe @Phil the Thrill - I outbid him by $1)

Toronto Arenas McElhinney GI - My plan is to make this an Andersen since I don't have any Andersen jerseys yet and as a bonus, Andersen and McElhinney wore the same size (60G)

Marincin, McElhinney, Soshnikov so far for the boards.  Hyman with Mike’s boy is close enough to consider ours too.  Who else?

1 hour ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Anybody have a list of what all the Arenas ended at? 

I took screenshots on my phone. I can upload them to my flickr. 

9 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Can’t wait to see this all done up. Gonna be a sweet one. 

On 1/23/2019 at 5:41 PM, TMLFAN said:

Marincin, McElhinney, Soshnikov so far for the boards.  Hyman with Mike’s boy is close enough to consider ours too.  Who else?

@The_Dude_Abides got the Connor Brown.....

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

@The_Dude_Abides got the Connor Brown.....

43 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Jealous of all you guys. Hopefully they auction off the other periods at some point. 

I know for sure Brown kept one of his.  He did an interview that was filmed, I believe, at his parents house and they had it hung up on the wall with a bunch of other Jerseys.  I also know Matthews has his St Pats and Centennial Jerseys so it's safe to assume a lot of, if not all, the players kept one for themselves.

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

I know for sure Brown kept one of his.  He did an interview that was filmed, I believe, at his parents house and they had it hung up on the wall with a bunch of other Jerseys.  I also know Matthews has his St Pats and Centennial Jerseys so it's safe to assume a lot of, if not all, the players kept one for themselves.

The players usually get to keep the 3rd period jerseys. The NHLPA gets the warmups, NHL Auctions get the 1st, and each team's GW program gets the 2nd.