It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

22 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Capitals 3rd jersey (which turned into their road jersey).

Correct. Soon to be a former Blackhawk

5 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

It came shipped like that? 

Man, I hate that!

Yep. Agreed

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

I think there's a jersey somewhere in that tiny box....

IMG_9638-vi.jpg

It often amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to just use whatever packaging they have in hand. 

I, of course, order stacks and stacks of Priority boxes to make sure I'm always covered. They are near perfect for jersey shipping IMHO. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I, of course, order stacks and stacks of Priority boxes to make sure I'm always covered. They are near perfect for jersey shipping IMHO. 

The board game boxes are perfect for shipping multiple jerseys, in case anyone is unaware of them.

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It often amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to just use whatever packaging they have in hand. 

I'm the same. Although I've also been using double layer mylar bags, but only for practice jerseys that don't have crests. That said, the seller was very nice and we worked out a deal I'm satisfied with. 

Guest Dr_Puck

Jersey Packing 101 is one of the more helpful courses that's offered here at IJ. I've learned quite a bit about shipping my jerseys with care. I cringe when companies and teams are haphazard about doing it for my own purchases. 

Jersey I got yesterday came in a USPS tyvek envelope within a cardboard flat-rate envelope.  It looked like a bulged up letter about to explode.  I checked the prices online and the guy saved about 25 cents by using priority flat-rate envelope instead of normal priority box.  Wtf.

3 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

The board game boxes are perfect for shipping multiple jerseys, in case anyone is unaware of them.

Very true, but the postage fee is higher on those, has to be 3 jerseys or more to be worth it, agree?

Waited about a year for this one to be delivered to DHC. Former Flyer, Nick Cousins, 2017-18 home set 1 with NHL 100 patch. Has a nice slash across the crest, two repairs on the left sleeve, and general pilling throughout. Nice!

Game Worn Nick Cousins, Home set 1

Game Worn Nick Cousins, Home set 1 (Back)

IMG_9346-Edited

Northeastern mail day!!! 

John Stevens Jr

DSCF8998-vi.jpg

DSCF9002-vi.jpg

Added the Frozen Fenway patch to the Davies jersey which is the actual jersey worn in the game, but the patch was removed and jersey was played in for the remainder of the season. I now have both Davies gamers from this season

DSCF9003-vi.jpg

also had a new nameplate sewn on since the team removed it when they sold it

DSCF9004-vi.jpg

And finally the jersey I wanted from the getgo, a Dylan Sikura. Stripped another player, cleaned up a crap ton of residue, found CCM patches and had it all put together. Only downside is EPS didn't sew down the CCM logo on the front (even thought they charged me for it). So this has to go back

DSCF9005-vi.jpg

DSCF9006-vi.jpg

What I find extremely interesting about NE jerseys is the inconsistency with the rear numbers. On some jerseys they're huge and go all the way down the lower stripes. On others, they're not. I have examples of both ways which I find really odd.

Recently started collecting goalie jerseys, and started doing practice jerseys again as well. So imagine how pleased I was to find this one on eBay. It took 3 weeks to arrive from Germany, but I am happy to add it to the collection. 

A 58G suits me just fine, but I prefer a 58+G for the extra sleeve length. This one was listed as 58G and I didn't notice in the pictures, but its actually a 58+G which is even better. 

I have to say though, German Guy, horrible job on the packing. It was shipped in a shoe box, not wrapped or anything, and the box was taped once around the short way, and once the long way. It got smashed and all 4 corners were open and the jersey exposed by the time it arrived. It got a little dirty/dusty, as you can see in the pictures, but it should clean up nicely. Very happy to have it in my collection. 

46934167152_15fc0e16b5_b.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Recently started collecting goalie jerseys, and started doing practice jerseys again as well. So imagine how pleased I was to find this one on eBay. It took 3 weeks to arrive from Germany, but I am happy to add it to the collection. 

A 58G suits me just fine, but I prefer a 58+G for the extra sleeve length. This one was listed as 58G and I didn't notice in the pictures, but its actually a 58+G which is even better. 

I have to say though, German Guy, horrible job on the packing. It was shipped in a shoe box, not wrapped or anything, and the box was taped once around the short way, and once the long way. It got smashed and all 4 corners were open and the jersey exposed by the time it arrived. It got a little dirty/dusty, as you can see in the pictures, but it should clean up nicely. Very happy to have it in my collection. 

Nice. I hope you took pics of the box and msged him to tell him what a shite pack job he did!

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Nice. I hope you took pics of the box and msged him to tell him what a shite pack job he did!

Nope. I play those things as no harm, no foul. He did a crap job but I got my jersey undamaged. 

It has arrived!

2019 David Kampf Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Game Worn Jersey Size 56

Worn during the 2nd period - a few puck marks visible, about what you expect for a jersey worn for only about 5-10 minutes of actually game play.

2019 David Kampf Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Game Worn Jersey Front2019 David Kampf Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Game Worn Jersey Back

29 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

It has arrived!

2019 David Kampf Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Game Worn Jersey Size 56

Worn during the 2nd period - a few puck marks visible, about what you expect for a jersey worn for only about 5-10 minutes of actually game play.

Plus its 85% black...

Great pick up Spud!  I was happy to get this remake in today.  A 1975 North Stars, ultrafil with double elbows and shoulders, fight strap etc.  I think it's the first jersey I've ever acquired via trade.

46117253525_e42aa8d6dd_k.jpg

23 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

That’s what she said. 

Thank you, that’s why I left the ... after it. Frankly I thought it would have happened quicker, which of course, is also what she said.