It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you’re going to collect Devils jerseys of that era, those are two guys you need to have. Brylin was extremely underrated. Rafalski killed me when he went elsewhere. 

Another two excellent pickups!!

Thanks!  Really happy with both, especially the Rafalski.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got this back from EPS.  It was a GI from 98-99 goalie cut size 58 done up as Brown #3.  I had it stripped and redone for Jose's rookie year.  There is some slight evidence of the strip but EPS did a great job considering how stuck on the numbers seemed to be. Looks like I need to run an iron over it at some point too.

46666297354_6541b62578_k.jpg

46474589125_f807051726_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

Yeah that Mogilny gamer is pretty special.

EPS definitely did a good job, I'm pleased, no residue just the fabric is a little damaged from pulling off the numbers. 

The jersey is pretty massive, but on a hanger it looks reasonable, I was honestly even expecting bigger after how you described it.  I'll have to measure it, it's likely the largest in my collection, probably not one I'd ever be able to wear.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, perthisthereason said:

80s St. Louis Blues Mike Crombeen.

47255314002_3f523aef0d_o.jpg.33bcb12abecea9b34d7d8119f92d4122.jpg33431998068_4dfdb46cc3_o.jpg.5c05a5c652f655fd82ff32fba8ff7554.jpg

beauty! I used to have a replica of this style jersey.  The Authentics are hard to find.  

49 minutes ago, perthisthereason said:

I have never seen an authentic in this style. Or do you mean the CCM Vintage line?

Sorry, when I said authentic I meant game worn.  I have never seen an authentic either.  Pretty sure in this era you could only buy replicas, which is what I had.  I gave it to a friend a while ago.   

Had this gem for a few years now. An Ultrafil 1986-87 Probert.

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

On 3/12/2019 at 8:01 PM, redwingsdownunder said:

What a cracker, looks practically mint too. I just stripped a white big block Ultrafil that will become a Probie.

Thanks! The only thing that could've made it better was if it was his rookie year and had the Wings 60th anniversary embroidered patch on it. I've only seen a few Ultrafil big block Wings, what's the story on how those came to be made? Most all I've seen are Air-Knit. Post pics when it's done.

Picked this up:  Blake Coleman Heritage game worn jersey.  Worn by Blake in all four games this season and I matched this to no less than 18 different images to the mark on the lower right corner of the crest, the left (his left) sleeve by the number and the mark on the lower back near the number.  Blake scored a goal while wearing this in the 1/10/19 game against Toronto.

Also I can confirm those stripes are green and not black lol.  My lighting scheme sucks where my jerseys are kept.

Edited by Devilsguy

So awesome!! Hopefully it does not remain so, but it’s pretty cool that it was worn during his career best year. I imagine photonatching it was really easy with some of those huge marks on the front. 

He’s a guy I would like to see sticking around for a while and a very nice addition to your collection. 

I may, just may, have a less cool but relevant addition to my collection shortly...

2018-19 Alex DeBrincat Chicago Blackhawks Away MIC Adidas Jersey Size 56

2018-19 Alex DeBrincat Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey Front2018-19 Alex DeBrincat Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey Back2018-19 Alex DeBrincat Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey Stan Mikita Patch2018-19 Alex DeBrincat Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey MIC Label

City Sports Lettering did an amazing job on this jersey and completed at an amazing speed.  I sent the jersey in on 3/4/19 and it arrived at my door on 3/13/19. 9 Days!!!! And that includes shipping both ways (Iowa to Chicago, and back).  They got it on a Wednesday and had it done by the following Monday ready to ship out.

A couple of things to inform people on:

1) Apparently there were 3 different versions of the Stan Mikita patch that were made.  All three were used on jerseys throughout the year, but the one's that were sold at the stadium were the final batch (which is what this one is).  Most jerseys will have a slightly different patch, but any players that were added later in the year (Strome, etc) may have this version.  I can confirm that this patch on the DeBrincat is different that than the patch on my Game Worn Winter Classic Kampf jersey.  So, anyone that purchased patches from the UC this year, they are somewhat correct, but probably different than what most players wear

2) They do not have very much of the Adidas nameplate left in stock.  It sounds like if you don't ask, they will use a nameplate they get from Stahls that I guess is similar, but not quite the same material.  Shorter names (Kane, Toews) are much easier to get the Adidas since they can get two names out of one nameplate.  I did get the Adidas nameplate for this jersey, but I sent a very nice letter along with the jersey and they said that made the difference in using a correct nameplate - that and it is a MIC jersey, so I think they understood the importance.  But if you don't ask, they will not use an Adidas nameplate.

6 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

1) Apparently there were 3 different versions of the Stan Mikita patch that were made.  All three were used on jerseys throughout the year, but the one's that were sold at the stadium were the final batch (which is what this one is).  Most jerseys will have a slightly different patch, but any players that were added later in the year (Strome, etc) may have this version.  I can confirm that this patch on the DeBrincat is different that than the patch on my Game Worn Winter Classic Kampf jersey.  So, anyone that purchased patches from the UC this year, they are somewhat correct, but probably different than what most players wear.

Interesting. I'll have to check the 3 patches I have to see the difference.

*edit* checked my 3 patches and both the WC and MIC Adidas have one style (right) while the one picked up from the UC at the beginning of the season has a slightly different texture (left). Never would have noticed this if you hadn't pointed it out. 

DSCF9054-vi.jpg

Edited by mdwsta4

17 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

Thanks! The only thing that could've made it better was if it was his rookie year and had the Wings 60th anniversary embroidered patch on it. I've only seen a few Ultrafil big block Wings, what's the story on how those came to be made? Most all I've seen are Air-Knit. Post pics when it's done.

It's still a cool jersey.

Honestly I have no idea, I hadn't seen one prior to this one that I just happened across it. 

It was customised wrong so I rolled the dice. The stitching was so tight it was an arduous effort but the glue residue came straight off so that was a win. Needs a solid couple of soaks as there was a nameplate on there and the outline is still visible. Probably have it sorted in a few months as I need to send blanks by the multiple given the 15,000km each way trip they go on.

Picked up the other Sikura brother directly from the IceHogs. I friggin love this alternate. It's so different from anything else a Hawks team would wear. The silver layer on the crest and numbers is subtle, but really pops when light hits it in person and the number font is simple, but different enough to be unique. Now I just gotta make it all the way out to Rockford for a game next time I'm in town so I can wear the thing! 

DSCF9048-vi.jpg

DSCF9051-vi.jpg

Anytime I hear an announcer talk about the Sikura brothers, the Wyclef Jean lyric 'Shakira! Shakira!' from the song My Hips Don't Lie pops into my head

DSCF9052-vi.jpg

Edited by mdwsta4

16 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Picked up the other Sikura brother directly from the IceHogs. I friggin love this alternate. It's so different from anything else a Hawks team would wear. The silver layer on the crest and numbers is subtle, but really pops when light hits it in person and the number font is simple, but different enough to be unique. Now I just gotta make it all the way out to Rockford for a game next time I'm in town so I can wear the thing! 

DSCF9048-vi.jpg

DSCF9051-vi.jpg

Anytime I hear an announcer talk about the Sikura brothers, the Wyclef Jean lyric 'Shakira! Shakira!' from the song My Hips Don't Lie pops into my head

DSCF9052-vi.jpg

I would have just thought of Shakira, but we all have different preferences. ;) 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would have just thought of Shakira, but we all have different preferences. ;) 

Well I picture Shakira, but Wyclef always has to have the last word

I just got this today.  This was sold to me as a "game worn" from the 93-94 season which was recycled from the 92-93 season. Size 54.  I am looking for anyone's insight as this has very little wear.   Thanks

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3 (2).jpeg

image4 (2).jpeg

image5 (2).jpeg

image6 (2).jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Ggirth55 said:

I just got this today.  This was sold to me as a "game worn" from the 93-94 season which was recycled from the 92-93 season. Size 54.  I am looking for anyone's insight as this has very little wear.   Thanks

It’s possible but seems unlikely given the light amount of wear for a jersey that was used for two seasons. Is there any pilling on the elbows or anyone else inside of the jersey? Salt deposits or noticeable wear on the fight strap? 

I tried looking for a high res photo from the 93-94 season as the patch removable would be blatantly obvious. Unfortunately I couldn’t find anything high res from that season so I’m not much more help. 

Edited by mdwsta4